FA 3-tech candidates

OP
OP
A

ayy208

Reaction score
Desmond Bryant would be a good signing if we can't land one of the two "big fish" - I.e. Melton or Starks. I'm really hoping we can sign Jason Jones for cheap as well. I thought there was a huge difference in the pass rush after he went down on IR. Unfortunately not a good difference in the pass rush. Although we had relatively good luck this year with injuries, I can't help but think that we would have won fairly easily in ATL with a health Jason Jones and Clemmons. Sigh

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ayy208":3pgnfbff said:
Desmond Bryant would be a good signing if we can't land one of the two "big fish" - I.e. Melton or Starks. I'm really hoping we can sign Jason Jones for cheap as well. I thought there was a huge difference in the pass rush after he went down on IR. Unfortunately not a good difference in the pass rush. Although we had relatively good luck this year with injuries, I can't help but think that we would have won fairly easily in ATL with a health Jason Jones and Clemmons. Sigh
Believe it or not, PFF rates Bryant higher than Melton. I still have to watch more Melton, but so far I have been stunned by how good Bryant is. I don't think playing in Oaktown is good for your fame.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Starks is coming off a 5 year 21 million contract and is in his 30's, so any 3 tech that can collapse the pocket probably cost around 4.5 to 5.5 million a year in FA. Flynn, Obo, and some more cuts are going to be needed to make room for one of them, I would prefer Starks as he has played 1, 0, 3, and DE, that makes him a good fit for us plus we could offer a contract around 10-12 million 3 year contract with 4 guaranteed; Dolphins have space but at this point in their current rebuild would they pay up for 29 year old DT in a FA bidding war? They still need WR's and will be sitting without a LT if Long leaves as well, Starks looks like a good option for Seattle. Plus, knowing we picked up a DT that gave our offensive line as well as San Frans hell would be sweet.

Team Slapaho

Reaction score
Why not get both Desmond Bryant and Starks, cut the dead weight, Clinton McDonald, obamanu, I'm not to impressed with Red Bryant either, move Irvin to OLB and teach him how to handle the run and bring in a true DE with both speed and size and we have a formidable defense. Trade Matt Flynn to a team where he can be the starter he wants to be, that will free up cap room. Trade some draft picks + deal for Desmond and make it easier to get him since this team has 10 this year and not all those pics will be on the team anyways and we would know what were getting with Desmond vs a unproven DT.