NHL is coming next!!

Claden

Reaction score
Finally :th2thumbs: I need to look into the NHL Center ice package again. See how much for this season.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I dont think Seattle is big enough to support 5 professional teams. Would it just be better to have the 4?

Shaz

Reaction score
Seattle is big enough to support 5 teams easily

The NHL has been trying to come here since the 60's and Vancouver would love a close rival as well

purpleworld

Reaction score
I think a team in Seattle could draw fans from hockey crazy Vancouver and Portland....it is not that far of a drive for fans wanting to see the NHL!

Subzero717

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3qgmznjn said:
I dont think Seattle is big enough to support 5 professional teams. Would it just be better to have the 4?

1. The mariners don't count.

2. I rather have an nhl team than an nba team.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Exactly, the Mariners don't count. Does anyone actually go to a Mariners game because they are into watching the Mariners play?

I thought people go to the games to drink beer, eat junk food and sit outside on a nice day.

Plenty of room to have the Sonics back and a NHL team. As long as you're not going head to head with the Seahawks, there's room in Seattle.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
You wont see the NHL for several years.

Gotta get the arena built first. There just isnt anywhere for them to really play while its getting built. In 5 years I would like to see that new arena filled with both hockey and basketball for over 100 nights a year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":16m0h2kw said:
I disagree, but lets say you are right for the sake of your arguement, it's going to suck to be the Mariners then! :th2thumbs:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2us5blrk said:
therealjohncarlson":2us5blrk said:
I disagree, but lets say you are right for the sake of your arguement, it's going to suck to be the Mariners then! :th2thumbs:

And I think the root of why they've been fighting the arena deal the whole time. They're afraid of the competition. It would suck to be the 5th most popular team in the city with 5 sports teams.

pinksheets

Reaction score
The Mariners will be as fine as they want to be. I think attendance, merchandise sales, etc. are far more dependent on variables that are directly related to each individual team and organization than what's going on with others.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Don't care as much for an NHL team and it does seem like it would overwhelm sports fans to suddenly go from 3 teams to 5 teams.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Outfield":1frwrq8p said:
Don't care as much for an NHL team and it does seem like it would overwhelm sports fans to suddenly go from 3 teams to 5 teams.
Like I said, it's a bad day for the Seattle Mariners especially the 2 turds that ruin, I mean run that franchise, that being Howard Lincoln and Chuck Armstrong!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
The Outfield":txspjj5t said:

We have the Seahawks and the Mariners. Three?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":iaqg5co4 said:
The Outfield":iaqg5co4 said:

We have the Seahawks and the Mariners. Three?

Funny

Throwdown

Reaction score
If the mariners played their cards right, the summer could be theirs up until the Seahawks start.