NFL Offseason Dates of Note

chris98251

Reaction score
2013 NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE IMPORTANT DATES
– DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE –

JANUARY
January 5-6 -- Wild Card Playoffs

January 6 -- Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that have byes in the Wild Card weekend may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of the Wild Card games.

January 12-13 -- Divisional Playoffs.

January 13 -- Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that won their Wild Card games may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of Divisional Playoff games.

January 15 -- Deadline for underclassmen to petition for special eligibility for the 2013 NFL Draft.

January 19 -- East-West Shrine Game, Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Florida.

January 20 -- AFC and NFC Championship Games.

January 24-25 -- Regional Combine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii

January 26 -- Senior Bowl, Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, Alabama.

January 27 -- AFC-NFC Pro Bowl, Aloha Stadium, Honolulu, Hawaii.

January 27 -- An assistant coach, whose team is participating in the Super Bowl, who has previously interviewed for another club’s head coaching job may have a second interview with such club no later than the Sunday preceding the Super Bowl.

FEBRUARY
February 2 -- Texas vs. Nation College All-Star Game, Eagle Stadium, Allen, Texas.

February 3 -- Super Bowl XLVII, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana.

February 9-10 -- Regional Combine, Orange Coast College-Lebard Stadium, Los Angeles, California

February 16 -- Regional Combine, Methodist Training Center (Texans), Houston, Texas

February 17 -- Regional Combine, Cleveland Browns Training Facility, Cleveland, Ohio

February 20-26 -- Combine Timing and Testing, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana

MARCH
March 2-3 -- Regional Combine, Atlantic Health Jets Training Facility, New York/New Jersey

March 9 -- Regional Combine, One Buccaneer Place, Tampa, Florida

March 10 -- Regional Combine, Halas Hall (Bears), Chicago, Illinois

March 9-11 -- Clubs are permitted to enter into contract negotiations with certified agents of players who will be Unrestricted Free Agents at the end of the current League Year.

March 12 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2013 on all players who have option clauses in their 2012 contracts.

March 12 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit Qualifying Offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts and to whom they desire to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.

March 12 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a minimum salary offer to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2012 contracts and who have fewer than three seasons of free agency credit.

March 12 -- All 2012 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 12 -- Top-51 Begins. All clubs must be under the Salary Cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 12 -- The 2013 League Year and Free Agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 12 -- Trading period begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, for 2013 after expiration of all 2012 contracts.

March 16-17 -- Regional Combine, Atlanta Falcons Training Facility, Atlanta, Georgia

March 17-20 -- Annual League Meeting, The Biltmore, Phoenix, Arizona.

March 23-24 -- Regional Combine, Virginia Mason Athletic Center (Seahawks), Seattle, Washington

March 23-24 -- Regional Combine, Baltimore Ravens Training Facility, Baltimore, Maryland

APRIL
April 7-8 -- Super Regional Combine, Cowboys Stadium, Dallas, Texas

April 25-27 -- NFL Draft, New York City, New York.

MAY
May 20-22 -- NFL Spring League Meeting, Hyatt-Harborside, Boston, Massachusetts.

SEPTEMBER
September 5, 8-9 -- NFL Kickoff 2013

More helpful Info

Preseason:

@San Diego August 8-12
Denver August 15-19
@Green "Wail Mary Play" Bay August 23
Raiders August 29-30

Home Games
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Minnesota
Arizona
St. Louis
San Francisco

Away Games
Atlanta
Carolina
Houston
Indianapolis
N.Y. Giants
Arizona
St. Louis
San Francisco

Actual Schedule and times copied from other post.

@ Panthers 10am start
SUN Night Niners
Jaguars
@ Texans 10am start
@ Colts 10am start
Titans
Thurs @ Cardinals
Mon @ Rams
Bucs
@ Falcons 10am start
Vikings
Bye (week 12)
Mon vs. Saints
@ Niners
@ Giants 10am start
Cardinals
Rams

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":djuitml5 said:
So free agency begins March 12?

From what that says I would think so. I do think we can renegotiate all contracts of players that are currently under contract with us though for a short window of time prior since it's still considered the 2012 season till then.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I consider visiting .Net all throughout the long offseason to be the methadone to my Wilson addiction. Time to sober up, reach out to the family and friends again (hopefully they will have me even though I'll be a stung out junkie again come August).

mikeak

Reaction score
Thanks but at least we can keep debating going for it on 4th down and RW vs RW3 and how Russell got screwed in OROY voting...

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
It only gets boring for about six weeks from the end of the May mini-camps to the start of training camp at the end of July. Otherwise there is always something going on. Something to debate.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Gonna get real boring.. Sad this is im still gonna check a couple times a day lol

vant

Reaction score
March 23-24 -- Regional Combine, Virginia Mason Athletic Center (Seahawks), Seattle, Washington

Can normal fans attend this?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Draft party anyone? Already booked my ticket up to Seattle on Apr 25th. Hopefully they'll do it at the Clink again because last year was freaking awesome.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
osprey6":37wl7xlk said:
Missing the most important day of all. Schedule release day!

I'd argue the most important day for Hawk fans is missing, but it's the superbowl on Feb. 2, 2014.

:th2thumbs:

kidhawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":jry8n0tw said:
when are schedules released

Right around the Draft. Give or take a week. It's never on the "official" schedule when it's going to be released, but as it gets closer, they generally will release the exact date, including an NFL Schedule release show on either the NFL Network, and/or ESPN

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://blog.seahawks.com/2013/02/04/seahawks-offseason-already-underway/[/urltargetblank]

Here are some dates from the Seahawks website. Obviously some of the dates will overlap with the OP's, but they have listed OTA's, Mini-camps and reporting date for Training camp in their schedule:

February
Monday, 4th – Waiver system begins
Monday, 18th – First day clubs can designate Franchise or Transition players
Wednesday-Tuesday, 20th-26th – NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis
March
Monday, 4th – Deadline to designate Franchise or Transition players
Tuesday, 12th – Free agency begins
Sunday-Wednesday, 17th-20th – Annual Owners Meeting in Phoenix
April
Friday, 19th – Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets
Thursday-Saturday, 25th-27th – NFL Draft
May
Friday-Sunday, 10th-12th – Rookie minicamp
Monday, 20th – OTA sessions begin
June
Tuesday-Thursday, 11th-13th – Mandatory minicamp
Friday, 14th – Conclusion of offseason program; veterans break begins
Sunday-Saturday, 23rd-29th – Rookie Symposium in Aurora, Ohio
July
Final weekend – Tentative date for players to report to training camp

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I would like to attend the NFL draft one of these damn years. How do I get I there!!?