NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2ol97uiw said:
Peter Vecsey ‏@PeterVecsey1
Source says almost living lock Phil Jackson will become front office face of Seattle-bound Kings' franchise. Won't coach. Will mentor choice

Can't vouch for the validity of that tweet, but DAYUM! Make it so.

This would be so awesome!

drdiags

Reaction score
What does "almost living lock" mean? Is Phil now some undead guy or Demi-god? Come on Mr. Fancy Author dude, tell me what that means. ...smile....

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
drdiags":z7z0qgkj said:
What does "almost living lock" mean? Is Phil now some undead guy or Demi-god? Come on Mr. Fancy Author dude, tell me what that means. ...smile....

No idea, mate. Wondered that myself. Just quoting the tweet verbatim. My guess is the intent was something along the lines of "almost a living legend HOF lock". But still! That would be awesome news.

drdiags

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":vcpa54le said:
drdiags":vcpa54le said:

No idea, mate. Wondered that myself. Just quoting the tweet verbatim. My guess is the intent was something along the lines of "almost a living legend HOF lock". But still! That would be awesome news.

Awesome indeed if Phil can help these guys get started. I agree with your Peter Vescey translator. Makes sense.

drdiags

Reaction score
Snohomie":wgtomcgo said:
Wow. 525m for 65%? Hansen is not bargain shopping.

If this is true, it's awesome news for us. I can't help but feel bad for the Sacramento fans, though. Nobody deserves an owner like the Maloofs.

Sounds like Hansen only pays $340M

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5
RT @wojyahoonba: The $525m price is a "valuation" on the total franchise. For 65 percent, Seattle group would pay approximately $340 million

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Sonics back to seattle? :pray:

Phil Jackson to have a role in the franchise?? :pray: :pray: :pray:

chris98251

Reaction score
Roll does not mean coach, he has no front office experience, consultent to find a GM and or coach maybe.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
chris98251":540yzv0w said:
Roll does not mean coach, he has no front office experience, consultent to find a GM and or coach maybe.

I'll still take it! :mrgreen:

TestMo1337

Reaction score
chris98251":3kvynui6 said:
This a guy that inherited Jordan/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe... let's not get too crazy with the idea that the Zen Master is able to build a Championship Team.

While it's exciting that we can even talk about actually front-office people, I'm beyond giddy.

Anyone else from the Spurs FO that we can pilfer from?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
160642_o.gif

Tumblr inline mgpgo7uqyY1rcy668

Tumblr m0subcXVdT1rrdywqo1 500

Throwdown

Reaction score
160642_o.gif

Someone should totally put the Sonics logo on that N64 lol

lol When I heard the news, I swear I looked like the baby.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If Phil Jackson is going to be choosing a coach I would bet my house that your coach would be Brian Shaw.

That duo almost came to the Blazers last year and it was rumored that Jackson would coach home games and Shaw would coach road games.

If i'm a Sonics fan i'd be happy about this as I think Shaw is going to be a hell of a coach. I dont think Phil Jackson will be anything special as a GM though (if thats his role).

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":23ovz63j said:
If Phil Jackson is going to be choosing a coach I would bet my house that your coach would be Brian Shaw.

That duo almost came to the Blazers last year and it was rumored that Jackson would coach home games and Shaw would coach road games.

If i'm a Sonics fan i'd be happy about this as I think Shaw is going to be a hell of a coach. I dont think Phil Jackson will be anything special as a GM though.

My thoughts exactly!

I hope to god they don't talk to Larry Bird, that would suck major ass. He was horrible running the Pacers.

Renohawk

Reaction score
My wifes comments....Crap, another damn sport you are going to start watching again. YEP, GO Sonics. Heard Kevin Calabro announcing a game the other day, I wonder if he would come back?

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Throwdown":2bqsh6y8 said:
JSeahawks":2bqsh6y8 said:

If i'm a Sonics fan i'd be happy about this as I think Shaw is going to be a hell of a coach. I dont think Phil Jackson will be anything special as a GM though.

My thoughts exactly!

I hope to god they don't talk to Larry Bird, that would suck major ass. He was horrible running the Pacers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--seatt ... 54007.html

Renohawk

Reaction score
Didn't the Sonics last GM come from San Antonio, Sam Presti? He was young, not many heard of him and does an outstanding job.

Status
Not open for further replies.