1/20 Full Seahawks mock draft

JSeahawks

Reaction score
First I take care of the d'line in free agency. Signing either Starks or Melton to play DT. And bring in Osi on a one year deal.

I'm also holding on to Matt Flynn for another year. (if i could trade him for a 3rd I probably would and draft a QB there and change that round 7 pick to a CB).

The theme of my draft is "suddenness". As in, suddenly they had the ball and they're gone. Or, suddenly he beat his block and made a big play.

Round 1: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson.
Round 2: Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
Round 3: Denard Robinson, Athlete, Michigan
Round 3: (i'm trading our 4th, a 5th and a 7th to move into the 3rd): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
Round 5: Random offensive linemen. I'm not going to pretend to know who.
Round 6: Quanterus Smith, Leo, Western Kentucky
Round 7: Quarterback.
Round 7: Michael Clay, LB, Oregon

Then if he goes undrafted i'd love to pick up John Boyett, S, Oregon. Probably would have been a 4th round pick or so if he hadnt gotten injured this season. Would have liked to pick a cornerback in there somewhere but didnt have room for one.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
May I suggest
Patrick Lewis C - Texas A&M
as your random OL
and
Matt Jones QB AZ as your random QB
might have to switch the order you draft them to get both

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
knownone":10sjxjho said:
No defensive lineman?

Q. Smith in round 6 is a d'linemen. And as I mentioned I would make the d'line the focus of free agency, and then go elsewhere in the draft.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SeaHawk80":2foylba4 said:
May I suggest
as your random OL
and
You mean Matt Scott?

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
:229031_banghead: Yes, Yes I do mean Matt Scott... Matt Jones is a golfer from AZ ST. DOH,......Stupid Brain

chris98251

Reaction score
3 players from Oregon, hmm sounds a bit biased but have not looked into draft much yet.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":35p0vi0t said:
3 players from Oregon, hmm sounds a bit biased but have not looked into draft much yet.

Its not bias its just putting in what i know. I dont search around youtube and scout a bunch of players or research a bunch of players, I have absolutely no interest in doing that, i'm just a football fan who watches a ton of football. I love the Seahawks ten times more then I love the Ducks so i wouldnt put a Duck on the Seahawks just because of where they went to school, i put them on the Seahawks because I think they would help the Seahawks.

I think Kiko is a better player than Bobby Wagner. And I think he could play any of our 3 LB positions. Much like I thought Russell Wilson was our best QB the day he was drafted I think Kiko would be our best LB the day he was drafted. He's going to be that good, imo. I think he'll be first round value, just as was our 3rd round pick last year. There's no doubt in my mind that he's better then Mantei Teo. Maybe Kiko should have made up a fake gf or something.

Michael Clay will give his heart and soul to whatever team drafts him and in the 7th round would be a great value.

As for Boyett, if he were a basketball player he would be the gym rat. He's just a football player. He might never be an all pro but I can almost guarantee he'd make the team as an undrafted free agent. Especially if Chancellor gets moved to linebacker as some suspect.

12evanf

Reaction score
I want Quanterus Smith. Love everything I've seen of him. I would be elated if we got him in Round 6.

CPHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3byklu3k said:

What school has the most players in the super bowl this year? No like picking guys who went to 4 strait BCS games is a bad thing.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Good mock. The only problem I have is Robinson with a 3rd rounder. I'd rather draft directly for a position of need such as CB or WR instead of drafting an Athlete and hope he can fill that role.

If he could play slot CB I'd be more willing to take a gamble on him, but he seems set to play as a receiver and at 5' 10", he doesn't bring enough size to a team already filled with smaller receivers, IMO.

So, KR/PR stud? Don't we already have that in Leon?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
SeaHawk80":3irwl4nz said:
May I suggest
as your random OL
and
I love the idea of drafting a linemen who has played a lot of games with two very mobile quarterback in Johnny Football and Tannehill.

NYCoug

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":17rwf49b said:
Don't forget at least two defensive backs after Round 3.

Here's hoping NC State CB David Amerson's subpar junior season scares away teams. If he falls on draft day, I could see the Seahawks taking a shot on him. 6'3 195 with big play ability. True, he got toasted way too often last season, but he actually did a solid job on DeAndre Hopkins when the two went head to head. Up until Hopkins caught him with a sick double move for a big TD that is.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
:13:

I don't think this FO is that worried about the position. Baldwin was great in 2011, and was coming back to form late this season. Tate is finally looking like the player they hoped he'd become when he drafted him, and Rice is straight up good.

I see this team following Ted Thompson's lead when it comes to drafting receivers. Schnieder has his own way of doing things, for sure, but he still comes from the Green Bay school of GM'ing, and Thompson has never taken a WR in the first round. He has, however, taken four in the second round, and one in every succeeding round, totaling 9 receivers drafted.

Schnieder has already stated that he sees this as a deep class for the position and I fully expect him to take advantage of that depth, just not in the first. Rounds two or three is my guess.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":wlwxmrq5 said:
Pass rush is priority #1 according to Pete. They ain't gonna WR in round one J. Now round 2.......that may well be another story.

It doesnt matter what the priority is if there's no pass rusher's there worth the spot.