Shocker: 9er Fan Stabs Falcon Fan In Neck

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Well I didn't see a thread in the main forum, so I posted, but apparently all 49er related stuff is being moved here...

Just another reminder of why to not like that fanbase...

Sounds like the Falcons fan punched first, but im sure the 49ers fan started it off with some verbal diarrhea.

nategreat

Reaction score
That's cowardly and sad. Man up- use the fists, quit cheating.

I hope that Falcon's fan is okay, Niners fans deserve a whole lot of bad things coming their way- hopefully that starts in the Superbowl with the team itself.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
BallHawker":29g501hm said:
Stay Classy, 49ers fans.
That's about as classy as they CAN get, it has something to do with the mateing of a Raiders fan guy, with a 9rs fan guy.

mikeak

Reaction score
Look I don't condone stabbing anyone but from the reports this guy was attacked. The NFL has allowed an atmosphere to be created where visiting fans are verbally and physically attacked every single game. It is not in jest or good spirits it is hateful attacks at every game. I am not surprised that someone felt that being outnumbered 20 to 1 could be equalized by bringing a knife.

Don't know the specifics but if this guy was attacked first and stabbed the guy that attacked him then I am sorry but I don't pity the fool in the hospital...

drdiags

Reaction score
I am with Mikeak on this one. Talk all the crap you want but if you put your hands on another person, all bets are off as far as retaliation. We assume the 9er fan instigated it but the report was the Falcons guy was the first to get physical. More details to come once the police report is filed and what, if any charges are filed.

Football games now seem to be more of a gang-related thing where colors indicate the friendlies from the enemies. It's cool to bash your rival but I have been one of those bad actors who lets a game get the best of them combined with idiotic drinking. I am really an easy going guy, but football makes me crazy. If one cannot draw a line, stay at home and cheer on your team (but buy season tickets to keep those other losers from filling up the stadium with their colors. LOL!).

925NinersFan

Reaction score
Ugh, such a disgrace. There are a lot of people who wear 49ers gear, cheer for the team, show up at games, and post ignorant comments on boards like this one, posing as 49er fans. But let's not confuse them for the true 49ers fans. Chances are, like previously mentioned, they're Raider bandwagon fans -- or more likely gang-bangers, like the Nortenos which is a Northern California based gang that wears Niners colors and therefore affiliates themselves with the team.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
925NinersFan":c9jlohnn said:
Ugh, such a disgrace. There are a lot of people who wear 49ers gear, cheer for the team, show up at games, and post ignorant comments on boards like this one, posing as 49er fans. But let's not confuse them for the true 49ers fans. Chances are, like previously mentioned, they're Raider bandwagon fans -- or more likely gang-bangers, like the Nortenos which is a Northern California based gang that wears Niners colors and therefore affiliates themselves with the team.

Well, this happened in Georgia; and gangbangers aren't known for travelling a couple thousand miles to see an NFL game. They might miss a collection or two on their rounds.

That makes two weeks in a row that a 49ers fan has stabbed an opposing fan after the 49ers played. You're right, this is an absolute disgrace. I wonder who's gonna get it after the Super Bowl?

925NinersFan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2kmsq2l9 said:
925NinersFan":2kmsq2l9 said:

Well, this happened in Georgia; and gangbangers aren't known for travelling a couple thousand miles to see an NFL game. They might miss a collection or two on their rounds.

That makes two weeks in a row that a 49ers fan has stabbed an opposing fan after the 49ers played. You're right, this is an absolute disgrace. I wonder who's gonna get it after the Super Bowl?

Oh, there are plenty of gangs or wanna-be gang-bangers in Georgia, most of them located in Atlanta. I was simply using the Nortenos as an example. Unfortunately, the red color draws these types. As a long-time Niners fan, I hate seeing the way our fanbase has changed over the years, especially at Candlestick. This sentiment is shared by many of us. Shoot, we used to be known as a "wine and brie" crowd!

Btw - I just looked up, and apparently the Nortenos have territories in Washington, as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norte%C3%B1os

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
It is a shame for you guys that it happened that way. It's a shame that our rivalry is more about your fans being cocks than our teams history at this point. I feel bad for the good niner fans (we know you guys exist), but guess what the face of your fanbase is thugs and bandwagoners now.

925NinersFan

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure part of it also has to do with where Candlestick is located, and the surrounding neighborhood demographics. Our current ticket prices are pretty cheap, so it's easy for anyone to show up at a game, and it'll tend to attract a lot of casual or bandwagon "fans". Raiders are the same way.

Hopefully the new stadium we're building (in Silicon Valley) will price out these thug types.

You also have to look at the fact that our fanbase is very large in number. This will account for more rotten apples that give us a bad name. I'm not sure if our thugs-per-capita is any different than most other teams in large metropolitan areas.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":3rjp9qc7 said:
I am with Mikeak on this one. Talk all the crap you want but if you put your hands on another person, all bets are off as far as retaliation. We assume the 9er fan instigated it but the report was the Falcons guy was the first to get physical. More details to come once the police report is filed and what, if any charges are filed.

Football games now seem to be more of a gang-related thing where colors indicate the friendlies from the enemies. It's cool to bash your rival but I have been one of those bad actors who lets a game get the best of them combined with idiotic drinking. I am really an easy going guy, but football makes me crazy. If one cannot draw a line, stay at home and cheer on your team (but buy season tickets to keep those other losers from filling up the stadium with their colors. LOL!).

The article doesn't say much. I'm having a hard time believing that the 9er fan was just minding his own business when a Falcon fan came up and punched him. Maybe you shouldn't run your mouth after a win. I sure as hell wouldn't be jawing at someone after an emotional loss and the end to their season when things looked so good for their team this year. Douchebaggery begets repercussions.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
90% chance the 49ers fan was mouthing off, big-time. I hope someone's cell phone video springs up and shows the whole thing.

mikeak

Reaction score
There are articles after articles this season about families getting verbally attacked at games. There are posts in this forum seeing people just up an hit opposing fans in the concourse area of our stadium. There were open letters to the papers from a mom about how they were verbally abused and threatened. The season started with POLICE OFFICERS embarrassing themselves and the Seattle police to the point that they lost rank and salary.

And somehow you can't believe this guy was punched unprovoked? I don't know if he was but I would not be one but surprised if he was. I also wouldn't be surprised if he screamed out go miners or somethin. Should he be attacked for that? Doesn't justify the knife but I don't care to feel sorry for the guy in the hospital....

I will take my kid to games. I will never take him to away games in Seahawks gears. This is from a guy that travelled to european soccer games and saw way worse - maybe that is part of my thinking. I have seen this before and it doesn't end well.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
You guys implying its not safe to wear opposing teams jerseys at an away game are being a little ridiculous. There might be one or two specific stadiums where it's not a fantastic idea. However 99 percent of the time it's no problem, most of the home fans will just have fun with you.

Now, on the other hand if you are a douche when your team wins, or just in general you are asking for something.

Right now in go to exclusively road games due to my location. I don't even remember what a home game feels like. Every single time there is enough 12s there to make me feel like a little piece of the clink got shipped in.

Go to road games, don't be a douche, have a great time, and represent the 12th man and DO wear your gear for Christ sake.

I might think twice at candlestick. Just the combination of that being what it is, and being specifically a Seahawks fan... I'd think twice but if probably still wear it.

Oakland is another think twice but who the hell would want to go to that game anyway.

Going to Atlanta and Carolina have been very good experiences...although Carolina was a little tamer than Atlanta.