Jed Fisch OC in Jacksonville

Subzero717

Reaction score
So gus made his first move and hired good old Jed Fisch as OC. Interesting choice I thought.

I watched part of Gus's presser and he gave Pete and John a ton of credit.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Miami fans were big supporters of Fisch. Gave him a lot of credit for making their offense "explosive". He's got his work cut out for him in Jacksonville, however.

sc85sis

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":kvjr97rm said:
So gus made his first move and hired good old Jed Fisch as OC. Interesting choice I thought.

Its pretty obvious from watching the introductory presser that Gus is now a Pete Carroll disciple. He repeatedly talked about energy, passion, competing, and getting better every day--he even used Pete's, "do it better than it's ever been done before" phrase a couple of times.

The challenge for Gus will be to take those concepts and use them in a way that is unique and true for him rather than just trying to duplicate Pete in every way. If he can do that, and successfully deal with all the extra details and tasks that go with being a head coach, I think he'll do well. At least on the surface, the Jags appear to now have ownership and management that will work in synergy with the coach, which will be the other key determiner in whether Gus has a chance to succeed.

The Jags may very well end up a "sister" team to the Hawks in terms of how they rebuild their franchise. It should be interesting to watch.

chris98251

Reaction score
sc85sis":zsmh9zwj said:
CALIHAWK1":zsmh9zwj said:

Its pretty obvious from watching the introductory presser that Gus is now a Pete Carroll disciple. He repeatedly talked about energy, passion, competing, and getting better every day--he even used Pete's, "do it better than it's ever been done before" phrase a couple of times.

The challenge for Gus will be to take those concepts and use them in a way that is unique and true for him rather than just trying to duplicate Pete in every way. If he can do that, and successfully deal with all the extra details and tasks that go with being a head coach, I think he'll do well. At least on the surface, the Jags appear to now have ownership and management that will work in synergy with the coach, which will be the other key determiner in whether Gus has a chance to succeed.

The Jags may very well end up a "sister" team to the Hawks in terms of how they rebuild their franchise. It should be interesting to watch.

Well we should know when FA opens up, if they start signing every street FA and available ball boy we know they are turning over every stone like we diud year one.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yeah, though that's also going to depend on where they see their talent level hitting. And they don't necessarily have to follow Seattle's exact model to find success. I just think that philosophically there's a lot of similarity now.

Latest posts