Keenan Allen

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I like this description, specifically the areas I have highlighted which I think we need big time:

If he hadn't become a wide receiver, it's entirely possible that Allen could be a coveted safety in this draft. His experience on defense shows up on offense, where he has a great knack for finding space in coverage, working back to the ball to help his quarterback and using great hands as a dependable pass-catcher. He's dangerous with the ball in his hands. Allen has dealt with nagging injuries during his time at Cal, but is the kind of wideout who can come in and make his mark early, and Houston needs to find another weapon for Matt Schaub, with Andre Johnson on the backside of his career.

(ESPN Insider content)
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...701/2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-first-mock-draft

McGruff

Reaction score
Allen's ceiling is a #2. He's a nice, safe pick. But he's not what we need. We need someone who at least has a chance of developing into a bonafied #1 receiver.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I'd prefer Hopkins, just think those kind of traits are things we should look for. It was amazing how many times Wilson would have to run or throw the ball away because our WRs can't get open when a play breaks down.