Fitzgerald for Flynn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pehawk

Reaction score
No I am not. I'd catch 800 and 7 TD's with Eli.

Classic Deon Branch syndrome, except neither of those two were ever talented enough to be drafted in round 1.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
warden":3kpspvsi said:
DavidSeven":3kpspvsi said:
but truly elite QBs don't need all-world receivers to run a dominant offense. .

Hmm

Peyton Manning had Harrison/ Wayne
Montana had Rice
Steve Young had Rice
Marino had Duper and Clayton
Warner had Bruce and Holt
Aikman had Irvin
Bradshaw had Swann and Stalworth

Just for starters , would you like me to continue

Gee, you think playing with HOF QBs might have aided in the development of some of those guys? Go look at Harrison and Wayne's career trajectory. Harrison's receiving yards went from 776 to 1,663 in Peyton's second year. It took Wayne four seasons with Peyton to break 1,000 yards. And now look what Peyton's doing for Decker and Thomas in Denver.

Please go see what Tom Brady has done for an entire career without a legitimate #1 receiver (besides Moss for one season). Please check out how the 2005 Seahawks had the most dominant offense in the NFL with a receiving corp worse than what we have now. Please take notice that Victor Cruz and Wes Welker were undrafted free agents who developed chemistry with great QBs. And finally, you might have already recognized that Russell Wilson has helped Golden Tate go from consensus bust to valuable contributor in a single season.

No one is denying we need to add more depth at WR. We just don't need to compromise significant cap space or talent to do it. Obsessing over finding "stud receivers" is quick way to bury your franchise. Go ask Detroit or Oakland how that worked out for them.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
You would catch VD with Eli. If you were on the Giants, I give you 6 yards, 1 catch, and an extra point for the year.

True, Eli is a gambler and creates opportunities, but Nicks is good, and Cruz is a better UDFA than Baldwin by far.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Also, regarding the perception that our receivers can't get "separation": a lot of this has to do with how careful Russell is with the ball, which is a great thing at this stage in his development. He doesn't make a lot of risky throws. As he continues to build chemistry with his receivers and as his own skills continue to develop, he'll become more confident in making the tighter throws, and the whole "separation" thing will become less of an issue.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Tony Ventrella and Clare Farnsworth for a six pack and some scratch tickets?

lukerguy

Reaction score
DavidSeven":13agcbdv said:
warden":13agcbdv said:
DavidSeven":13agcbdv said:
but truly elite QBs don't need all-world receivers to run a dominant offense. .

Hmm

Peyton Manning had Harrison/ Wayne
Montana had Rice
Steve Young had Rice
Marino had Duper and Clayton
Warner had Bruce and Holt
Aikman had Irvin
Bradshaw had Swann and Stalworth

Just for starters , would you like me to continue

Gee, you think playing with HOF QBs might have aided in the development of some of those guys? Go look at Harrison and Wayne's career trajectory. Harrison's receiving yards went from 776 to 1,663 in Peyton's second year. It took Wayne four seasons with Peyton to break 1,000 yards. And now look what Peyton's doing for Decker and Thomas in Denver.

Please go see what Tom Brady has done for an entire career without a legitimate #1 receiver (besides Moss for one season). Please check out how the 2005 Seahawks had the most dominant offense in the NFL with a receiving corp worse than what we have now. Please take notice that Victor Cruz and Wes Welker were undrafted free agents who developed chemistry with great QBs. And finally, you might have already recognized that Russell Wilson has helped Golden Tate go from consensus bust to valuable contributor in a single season.

No one is denying we need to add more depth at WR. We just don't need to compromise significant cap space or talent to do it. Obsessing over finding "stud receivers" is quick way to bury your franchise. Go ask Detroit or Oakland how that worked out for them.

Wayne had 1355 yards this year without Manning..
Also, the year Brady had Moss it was by far his best statistical year.

No doubt that the HOF QB is good on his own, but to say that the QB makes them is a stretch. The only conclusion I can come to would be that it would definitely help a lot to have a pro bowl caliber WR on our team

DavidSeven

Reaction score
lukerguy":cqpbcbkd said:
Wayne had 1355 yards this year without Manning..
Also, the year Brady had Moss it was by far his best statistical year.

No doubt that the HOF QB is good on his own, but to say that the QB makes them is a stretch. The only conclusion I can come to would be that it would definitely help a lot to have a pro bowl caliber WR on our team

Wayne is the only decent skill player on that team, and Luck was chucking it this season. Of course he was going to get yards. The main point was that Manning helped develop Wayne into a good WR. He didn't walk into the league with pro-bowl skills.

And look, of course the offense gets a boost with super talented receivers. That generally happens when you put better players at any position. All I said was that an elite QB doesn't need all-world receivers to run a dominant offense, which has been proven time and time again. If the next Calvin Johnson falls in our lap, then great! But we don't need to spend tons of money or overreach in the draft to address this need. All I'm saying.

themunn

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3s1vhdxu said:

Yeah and Harrison's yards actually went DOWN Peyton's rookie year (despite him breaking the record for rookie passing yards), despite the fact that a year previously he had John "led two teams in three years to the number 1 overall pick" Harbaugh throwing him the ball.

Terrible examples, Oakland didn't have a quarterback (as did Detroit for many years), and Detroit were doing pretty well with Johnson until they lost their running game completely

Zowert

Reaction score
No way Matt Flynn is worth Larry Fitzgerald.

The Cardinals already traded for a QB similar to Flynn, with the same amount of experience in the NFL. His name was Kevin Kolb. That didn't work out too well for them. Kolb has a stronger arm than Flynn too.

I wonder if Steve Raible can still catch? Lets have him come out of retirement and sign him if we can't find a franchise receiver.

Zowert

Reaction score
We are paying Sydney Rice $8.5 million next season, while his cap# is $9 million..

Larry Fitgerald's salary for next season is listed at $5.25 million, but his cap# is $20 million..

How does that work?

garydrake425

Reaction score
Sounds good but do u honestly think that would ever be considered from AZ point of veiw? :pray: Probably not. But there is a chance there's a trade made for Flynn at some point. :D

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Throwdown":18d5fdc2 said:
no body is on this Calais Campbell train with me huh?

He's a monster too. The Cards have a lot of talent on D. Hope they don't find a QB any time soon

HUGGY

Reaction score
Larry is 29. His 128 million dollar contract takes him to 37. The way he looked this season I don't see him physically making it to the end of his agreement.

Our problem is not in recieving. It is in the O-Line not being able to open holes for our running backs against certain teams personell in the first half of a game. The Rams..Wash...The Falcons.. were all trouble for our O-Line in the first half of those games. The read option stagnates if our opponent doesn't respect the run.

It would be nice if we didn't have to put the team on the back of Wilson to come from behind in crucial second halves.

Whatever the problem is with our O-Line ..Fix it. Everything else will fall into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.