trade up for Warmack, am I crazy?

BASF

Reaction score
Am I the only one that noticed that as soon as McQuistan was permanently slotted next to Okung and Unger our offensive production took off? He is not the most talented and he is not the most consistent but he fits perfectly between those two. They each know what the others are doing and breaking up that trio doesn't seem like it is in the teams best interest. I like Carpenter, but he does not seem to have the same rapport with the others. Using so much draft capital to break up a good line combination does not make much sense.

In regards to Sweezy, there were a bunch of very well respected posters here who wanted to cut Max Unger after his rookie season playing RG. He was too weak at the point of attack they said. He was missing assignments they said. Well, now he is a Pro Bowl/All Pro player, and only a few of them have even said they were wrong about him. Sweezy will get it and when he does we will be happy with the result. However, I was never happy with him starting this season.

justafan

Reaction score
No on the trade but I do think better play from the guard spot is essential.I feel Gs were one of our weakest positions on the team this year and easiest to upgrade.
I agree with the poster about the Oline when Carp went down.Same thing last year.We didnt miss a beat in fact I think we got better.I am not saying I think Mq or Breno are exceptional Olineman but how we really dont gain much from Carp playing.
As far as Rang and his mistakes. cherry picking peoples mistakes on the past drafts is the easiest thing to do.Dwight Jones name comes to mind.For all the people who thought he was the most talented WR in the draft last year and worth a first round pick, we can get him for nothing.Undrafted, I dont think he even went to a training camp.Or the kid from So.Miss in the 2nd or 3rd.Predicting the draft is a tough tough thing to do and props to all that love the game enough to put in so much work to bring us information. I love reading opinions but I think we can all be more fair with criticism about others mistakes.
I dont know anyone who is even close to being right all the time judging talent and who will make it at the next level,even the brightest minds in pro football screw it up every year.