• Picks up where he left off.

Votes: 145 56.2%
  • Has a statistically worse year.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Improves in TD/Int ratio

Votes: 39 15.1%
  • Has a sophomore slump.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Performs light years ahead of 2012 season.

Votes: 62 24.0%

• Total voters

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I expect the same numbers wise regarding balance I see it 60-40 in favor of running.
RW will cut picks and increase TD runs....5-7 maybe? . I suspect high 20s on TD passes. Around 3800-4200 passing yards.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Aros":2njxrby1 said:
Will we even lose a game in 2013?

I think that it's incredibly likely that we lose a game in 2013. We may even lose several, but I don't think it will be more than 4.

Unfortunately, the Seahawks don't exist in a vacuum where they improve while the rest of the league stays exactly the same. Other teams will be working to improve, getting more from their young players, and bringing in new bodies in the hopes of exceeding expectations.

ceej22

Reaction score
He'll be better. No way will he hit a sophomore slump. He works too hard and does not hang his head after making a mistake or being down by 20 in the 4th qtr.

Regarding defenses having a full year of film..child please. ATL had 17 games of film. Russell only threw for 385 yards/2 TDs and scrambled for 60 yards/1 TD. Teams might be able to shut the read option down, but he'll still beat them in the air.

I'm most concerned about the health of the line, WRs, and Lynch. As great as Wilson is his success is still tied to the talent around him. If one of those elements gets weakened he'll be fine but if all three were to crumble the offense would struggle.

formido

Reaction score
I think that Wilson will lead the NFL in passer rating, probably significantly. I think he will lead an absolutely dominant Seattle team and will enter the national conversation as the best QB in the NFL. I think, unfortunately, Colin Kaepernick might be in the conversation, too, although I expect Wilson to both better and less system dependent. Wilson will always be a better passer and the gap will get wider over the next couple years.

To understand Wilson's progress over the season, note that over the last half of the season, he led the NFL in passer rating, by far, at around 120 to RG3's 110:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... ass_rating

Not only that, his second half was the 6th best second half for a QB ever, not just rookies:

Passer rating, Games 9-16 of any season 1900-2012 (through Profootball reference)
2010 Tom Brady - 128.2
1994 Steve Young - 123.6
2010 Aaron Rodgers - 122.0
2011 Drew Brees - 121.6
2004 Peyton Manning - 121.0
2012 Russell Wilson - 120.3

Hat tip: http://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/commen ... he_second/

Last year Chip Kelly gave a Nike sponsored coaches clinic presentation called "Efficient Use of Practice Time." As Kelly is a brilliant and innovative coach it was a gold mine of information. One thing I noticed is that Kelly would not have been fooled by any of the deprecating analysis about Russell Wilson at draft time. According to Kelly's simple model of finding QB talent, Wilson is right in the sweet spot:

"lf the quarterback is not tall, look at his hands.
That is the biggest coaching point to finding
a quarterback. How big are his hands, and how
well can he control the football? The height of
the quarterback is not the important thing. No one
playing quarterback throws over the line. They
throw through lanes in the linemen. The important
thing is the size of their hand"

Source: http://fishduck.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... mplete.pdf

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":22x2p8dj said:
There's a reason why Rodgers, Brady, Brees etc put up gawdy numbers every season - the talent eclipses all else. I'm not saying Wilson is in their class, ...
Well, if you won't, I will.

Russell Wilson is in the same class as Rodgers, Brady and Brees.

kearly

Reaction score
Great post formido.

My expectation is that Wilson will start where he left off. If we were an east coast team, I'd predict he'd win MVP, but being what we are, I'll settle for predicting that he'll be an MVP candidate.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Twitter:

Russell Wilson ‏@DangeRussWilson

I truly dislike not being able to prepare for a game this week. Miss my teammates and fans. #GoHawks

Heard him on the radio yesterday saying he had spent part of the day at the practice facility. He's going to New Orleans for SB weekend just to get a feel for what type of environment he needs to prepare for in the future.

This guy is unreal. It ALMOST makes me happy that we lost in 06 if it created the butterfly effect that allowed us to get this guy.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
14-2
4000+passing yards
650 rushing yards
34 passing TD
8 rushing TD
MVP of the NFL
SuperBowl win
GO HAWKS & Rock ON
Those are my expectations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:0190l: :stirthepot: :snack: :thirishdrinkers: :les:

Almost forgot, those are regular season #'s

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
Where he left off, to be sure. Having said that, he'll improve, IMO, exponentially. And no more (or very little) of that Fran Tarkenton stuff. The team will improve with him and PC/JS, et al. will find a way to get him an O-line that gives him the chance to become the pocket passer so many here seem to want for him.

and a D-line improvement, too....

ProckHawks

Reaction score
I expect us to win the same amont of games. Maybe 12. Wilsons stats could look like this.

Yards 3,850 PCT 62% 32 TD's 12 INT's 625 RUSH YARDS 6 TD's

Wilson will have a few sub 200 yard games but will have more 300 yard passing games. I think we draft a WR or get someone in FA. Wilson will throw more to Miller. Rice, Tate, Baldwin and and X wideout will step up. He'll continue to impress and will bring us a Super Bowl soon.

garydrake425

Reaction score
More TDs less ints. I don't see him picking up where he left off because I'm pretty sure he's going to try and improve some during the off season. I think he already started from what it sounds like. So I could see him getting more TDs and less ints all while performing light years ahead of 2012. Go Win Seahawks!!!!!!!!!!!!12 :icon_new:

SE174

Reaction score
Regular season #'s:
12-14 wins
3800-4000 yards passing
65%
32 TDs, 7 INTs
500+ yards rushing
5 TDs

Post season #'s:
3 wins
800-1000 yards passing
67%
8 TDs, 1 INT
120+ yards rushing
2 TDs
Superbowl MVP

chris98251

Reaction score
Knowing what we know I am not worried about his growth. Someone said no or little of that Tarkenton stuff, those roll outs and sprints or avoiding sacks is what makes him dangerous and special, don't shy away from what makes him who he is.

I just want him to continue to be healthy, he plays smart and protects himself pretty well now, I would expect that to improve more as the game really begins to slow down for him even more.

bellingerga

Reaction score
At the very absolute worst, he'll continue where he left off. I Think we'll see a light improvement, and more consistency, and it will be yearlong without this seasons growing/learning pains throughout the first half of the Season.

lobohawk

Reaction score
First years at NC State:
Balancing school work, baseball, and football = exceptional player (tops in the conference)

Year at Wisconsin:
Balancing school work and football = nationally recognized player (among top 3 QBs in country / best passer rating)

First year at Seattle:
Rookie experience and shared early season practice time = nationally recognized player (among top 3 rookie QBs and top 10 QBs in NFL)

He now can devote a 100% of his work effort toward his craft. With the resources currently available through a professional team coupled with his effort and focus, it'll be interesting to see what kind of leap he makes next year. There has to be a ceiling for what kind of productivity he can have in his career, but I'm guessing we'll see him get pretty close to it next year.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I was thinking about this last night, so I'm glad this topic exists.

I'm gonna go with:

13-3 or 14-2 as a starter, not sure yet, but for the sake of the thread I'll go with 14-2
4240 Yards Passing (265 per game, not too crazy to imagine)
40 Passing TD's (2.5 per game, again, nothing crazy)
800 Rushing Yards (50 per game, realistic)
8 Rushing TD's (.5 per game, might be a stretch but nothing would surprise me with him)
4 INT (Not as many fluke dropped INT's, reverts to Wisconsin/NC State form)
70% Completion
Finishes as the runner up for MVP but his perceived "robbery" by the nation wins him even more fans and he becomes the nation's favorite QB and player in the NFL. A bigger name like Rodgers gets the award but many will want Russell to win it.

Hawks go to the postseason as the #1 seed and win it all, Wilson wins Super Bowl MVP. Thus, the dynasty starts.

HUGGY

Reaction score
formido":13h1rpc4 said:
I think that Wilson will lead the NFL in passer rating, probably significantly. I think he will lead an absolutely dominant Seattle team and will enter the national conversation as the best QB in the NFL. I think, unfortunately, Colin Kaepernick might be in the conversation, too, although I expect Wilson to both better and less system dependent. Wilson will always be a better passer and the gap will get wider over the next couple years.

To understand Wilson's progress over the season, note that over the last half of the season, he led the NFL in passer rating, by far, at around 120 to RG3's 110:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... ass_rating

Not only that, his second half was the 6th best second half for a QB ever, not just rookies:

Passer rating, Games 9-16 of any season 1900-2012 (through Profootball reference)
2010 Tom Brady - 128.2
1994 Steve Young - 123.6
2010 Aaron Rodgers - 122.0
2011 Drew Brees - 121.6
2004 Peyton Manning - 121.0
2012 Russell Wilson - 120.3

Hat tip: http://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/commen ... he_second/

Last year Chip Kelly gave a Nike sponsored coaches clinic presentation called "Efficient Use of Practice Time." As Kelly is a brilliant and innovative coach it was a gold mine of information. One thing I noticed is that Kelly would not have been fooled by any of the deprecating analysis about Russell Wilson at draft time. According to Kelly's simple model of finding QB talent, Wilson is right in the sweet spot:

"lf the quarterback is not tall, look at his hands.
That is the biggest coaching point to finding
a quarterback. How big are his hands, and how
well can he control the football? The height of
the quarterback is not the important thing. No one
playing quarterback throws over the line. They
throw through lanes in the linemen. The important
thing is the size of their hand"

Source: http://fishduck.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... mplete.pdf

Only 6th all time? SO!! He is not a "God" after all!. LOL

OR....Is he ?????

hawk45

Reaction score
Voted picks up where he left off.

I think no matter what his TD/int ratio will remain good, yardage-wise I expect better. How much better depends on this: there were games last year, especially the early games, where we'd stay run-first WAY too long. I hope they've learned their lesson, if the other team is stopping the run, let Russ throw on 1st down a lot more and let it be the RW show until we get a lead and then fine go back to grinding it out.

I also expect him, now that we've discovered Zach Miller, to continue to torture teams with that, so I think that's another boost to his yardage totals.