What will you do when we win the Superbowl?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • :mrgreen: :0190l: :229031_thewave: We will be Champions.Too much negativity, so i hope this cheers everyone up. We're not going to win 1, not 2, not 3,4, but win 5 superbowls. I'll be right there in downtown seattle or wherever the parade may be

Actual Superbowl wins may vary, but it will be greater or equal to one.
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Starter

• Winning the super bowl is never a sure thing, one year you can be the TOP DOG and the next you can be at rock bottom. Just ask the Lions, they know ALL about that. I'm sure you guys won't fit into that category but never post stuff saying you WILL and avoid the "WHEN" phrases.
    kbreitkreutz
    NET Bench Warmer

• I'll probably troll the 49er forums for the next 30 years reminding them that we have a ring.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:I'll probably troll the 49er forums for the next 30 years reminding them that we have a ring.

me too buddy
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Starter

• I will be happy. All by myself. I will drink a beer. All by myself. I will rewind the last 2 minutes and re watch. All by myself. I will do a silly dance. All by myself. I will open my door and yell out to no one. EAT THAT YOU MOTHER .....! All by myself.
    Because I live in Upstate New York and no one but me and a couple people who live 50 Plus miles away even know what a Seahawk is. And I know that they too will be doing things. All by their self!
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• The Battle #83 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I'll probably troll the 49er forums for the next 30 years reminding them that we have a ring.

me too buddy

You guys already do, and you don't have a ring.

:0190l:
    kbreitkreutz
    NET Bench Warmer

• kbreitkreutz wrote:
    The Battle #83 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I'll probably troll the 49er forums for the next 30 years reminding them that we have a ring.

me too buddy

We don't, most people on this board don't really care that much about y'all.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• djb28 wrote:I will be happy. All by myself. I will drink a beer. All by myself. I will rewind the last 2 minutes and re watch. All by myself. I will do a silly dance. All by myself. I will open my door and yell out to no one. EAT THAT YOU MOTHER .....! All by myself.
    Because I live in Upstate New York and no one but me and a couple people who live 50 Plus miles away even know what a Seahawk is. And I know that they too will be doing things. All by their self!

Think there will be better parts to re-watch over RW taking the knee three times .... :)
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Throwdown wrote:
    kbreitkreutz wrote:

Not trying to start anything, but there is at least 4 or 5 guys constantly on our board talking smack to our guys. I'm sure its one of those "not-very-proud-of" fans but needless to say, annoying to say the least.

Like the guys who troll on here most of them are the "not-very-proud-of" fans that I wish would just jump of the bandwagon already.
    kbreitkreutz
    NET Bench Warmer

• Probably react like Tom Brady did after he won his first.

Hands on my head in disbelief screaming "We just won the (bleeping) Super Bowl!"
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Personally, I'm getting my first tattoo, which will be a Seahawks' logo/design of some kind. :thirishdrinkers:
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

• kbreitkreutz wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    kbreitkreutz wrote:

Not trying to start anything, but there is at least 4 or 5 guys constantly on our board talking smack to our guys. I'm sure its one of those "not-very-proud-of" fans but needless to say, annoying to say the least.

Like the guys who troll on here most of them are the "not-very-proud-of" fans that I wish would just jump of the bandwagon already.

yeah, I feel it lol
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Watch for the first we blew our draft pick by winning thread be made :)

Not a hoot and holler guy unless i'm there, most likely will quietly sit back and enjoy watching the team and players reactions.

Then come on here and watch the mods boot about 1000 posters for flaming us and saying we cheated somehow.

Oh and inside feel a large amount of satisfaction and pride for this team.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I was saying this already, but having been a Seattle sports fan my entire life, I've never had the opportunity for one of those Sports Illustrated deals, and their little tchotchkes. I don't really care what it is, I've just always wanted the SI withy team on the cover holding the trophy.

A tattoo isn't a bad secondary idea though. Not my thing, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it before.
    "Your Seattle Seahawks, 2013-14 World Champions"
    Adopt A Rookie 2014-15 - Kevin Pierre-Louis
    Adopt-A-Red-Shirt 2014-15 Christine Micheal
    Previously known as megamanflx1
    Seahawkscrazy
    NET Veteran

• Tanzanian flag tramp stamp, and hookers n blow
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• Great Topic!

Well.

I've thought about this question A LOT recently. And as recently as last week. See, from before our preseason started I had this idea that we would win the Super Bowl this year. And week after week as the season developed and the playoffs occurred I grew increasingly confident and began to witness changes in the way I experienced our team. In the way Vegas perceived our team. In the way co-workers friends and strangers all over via my travels related to me as an extension of our team. And, I guess, the way our fans experienced the media's experience of our team. (Sidenote: I have ALWAYS been more aggravated by the way our fans catalog and castigate perceived slights from the media than I get over anything the media says about us.). But that's just my trip.and on. And on.

And so through all of this envisioning another Super Bowl appearance and a first Super Bowl victory, I began to naturally ask myself what that would do to my team's history and my team's future and my team's fan base and a sense of superiority and a sense of entitlement or raised expectations etc..

What would it be like to see posers, wannabes, bandwagonners and 13 year old gangbangers in Minneapolis suddenly sporting Seahawks gear?

So I have considered your question in these ways and many others.

And I think I would breathe a huge self-satisfied breathe of relief. I think I would relax internally and approach the following year's games with pride, but with reserve. I think it would mellow me. I just need one for validation of my commitment. I don't think I would miss a game the following year, but I think I would spend a lot of time reflecting on what this Seahawks lifetime has been about. And why it was all worth it. I might join a monastery for a year. Or hike the Pacific Crest Trail. I would definitely buy a motorcycle and find a way to create a new ridiculous and ridiculed pursuit in my life and I would definitely imagine a way to pay tribute to us all. And there is a good chance that I would cream my jeans.

This is a great thread/question. It is like asking the next lottery winner what they would do if they won (when we all know by now that the reality is they often fall apart and are miserable after the fact).

It's an important thread/question. Because its quite likely to happen. And soon. Unless we just missed our shot. Which is also a possibility.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• I'll head straight to a Niners forum to troll the "This is why I rooted for the Seahawks to win the SB" thread.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• I'll probably spend the remainder of my life telling people to spell "Super Bowl" correctly, as it's two words; not one.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:I'll probably spend the remainder of my life telling people to spell "Super Bowl" correctly, as it's two words; not one.

Of course you would RolandDeschain :)

It's there and so obvious I had to use it.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Hasselbeck wrote:Probably react like Tom Brady did after he won his first.

Hands on my head in disbelief screaming "We just won the (bleeping) Super Bowl!"

Then Russell Wilson starts his offseason doing everything he can to be better. If Russell stays true to how he comes across, as a quarterback in the Tom Brady/Peyton Manning realm, it's going to be a great decade for Seahawk fans. I cannot wait.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I'll probably spend the remainder of my life telling people to spell "Super Bowl" correctly, as it's two words; not one.

Of course you would RolandDeschain :)

It's there and so obvious I had to use it.

A significant number of web forums don't allow spaces in usernames, so I just typically default to the way I have it here. Troll. ;)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I don't know if I will be able to talk very much with that huge 'ol grin stretched across my face...
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

• I am going to fill out applications to have my two son's names legally changed to Russell & Wilson.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• Go to church, voluntary once....

Maybe.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:I'll probably spend the remainder of my life telling people to spell "Super Bowl" correctly, as it's two words; not one.

When we win.....
    I promise to stop referring to the NFL Championship game as the SuperBlow (XL)
    Until then,
    I could give a sh!t who wins this year's addition of the SuperBlow ~ (one word)
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

• Root for three in a row!!!

Then we can take a break for a while. More than that and everyone would hate us.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• I'd probably pull off a good drunk for a day randomly screaming my ass off and then later that week head to the local tattoo shop to have Super Bowl champions added to my Hawk tattoo.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• I'm going to Disneyland for the win :0190l: :mrgreen:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• I'll die a happy man
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• I have a bad feeling that we're going to make it to the Superbowl and lose one more before we win it all. I hope we don't end up like the Buffalo Bills in the early 90's. I believe it was from 1990 to 1993 that the Bills made 4 straight Superbowls and lost every one of them.

We finally have a franchise QB that pretty much everyone likes, at least 99%. But that's not the important thing. The important part is that Russell Wilson has the entire package (minus the prototypical size, which Russ proved doesn't mean F-all). One thing that all Superbowl Champions have in common over the years is a winning quarterback, who's a natural leader and able play under immense pressure. RW has to be the most calm and collected QB that's I have ever seen. Especially when the heat is on. When its come down to the final minutes and you're down by more than one touchdown. Russ can keep his head and rally the team back into the game.

I think next season is going to determine whether or not Russell Wilson is that phenom we're all believing he is. I don't see him falling into a 'Sophomore Slump' but there is always that unfortunate scenario. It happens to some of the best players. Wilson has been on fire the last nine or ten games. Now he'll be cooling off of that momentum during the off-season and coming back next season with a fresh, neutral start. We'll see if he can build momentum from day one and roll through the season, destroying every in his path.

Anyway, to answer the question. WHEN the Seahawks win the Superbowl, and there is no doubt in my mind that they will. It's just a question of WHEN. I'll be relieved that we finally have our Superbowl victory [ring] and no one can hold being ring-less against us. The organizations 'prestige' will go up and we can make fun of the teams that don't have a ring. Then we move on to winning even more. Before I die, I would like the Seahawks to be up there with the 49ers, Steelers and Patriots. As a franchise with 3 or more Superbowl championships.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information