What kind of receiver will Denard Robinson be?

Throwdown

Reaction score
This just popped in my head, do people see him as a slot guy? or an outside guy?

Dude runs like a track star which would usually equate to being outside, but I'm not really a draft guru I just like talking about the draft, anyone of draft guys got answer for this?

pehawk

Reaction score
Sproles/Bush type multi-faceted RB/HB.

I'd snap dude up in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
pehawk":2gstzuli said:
Sproles/Bush type multi-faceted RB/HB.

Me too and let Russell turn him into a pro bowler.

pehawk

Reaction score
I see Denard as LaMichael James, if Lamichael had a boy parts.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
As long as he never ever ever ever ever takes a snap with intentions of throwing the ball he could be a nice weapon. I'd imagine he'd be a slot guy who could exploit mismatches with his speed. Definitely an intriguing prospect.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Watch the senior bowl practices next week, I expect to see him focused on quite a bit.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If we don't get a proven WR in the first 3 rounds I'd be intrested in D-Rob in the 4-5th.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by Shoelace. I can definitely see him being the type of "Bruce Irvin/Russell Wilson" pick for the Hawks this season, meaning a guy they believe in that they're willing to take a little higher than most others would, if they're sold on his abilities to be the "touchdown maker" this team would like to add. If it were up to me, surprise it's not, I'd snag Robinson and sign Ramses Barden. Two minor moves that might go a long way in adding a few more capable weapons for Russell Wilson, as well as improving the depth at receiver. I just feel like Robinson is going to be a special player at the next level.

Oh, and we've seen that Bevell likes his receiver passes. Robinson might not even have the gun that Sidney has, but it'd be another element that defenses would have to consider.

pehawk

Reaction score
He's NOT going past the 3rd. NO WAY. He'll go late 2nd early 3rd, minimum.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think he could be a pretty special kick/punt returner early in his career as he develops NFL receiver traits. It took Golden Tate 3 years to make that transition so he probably will have a similar learning curve. I think if he shows some true receiver talents in the pre-draft stuff I'd be interested in taking him.... Maybe he could take over for Leon on third downs. Bevell could set up some pretty explosive plays for him if he can get into open space.

kearly

Reaction score
pehawk":2sjh7a0r said:

Agreed. Not a great year for RBs this year, and Robinson looks like he's got some nice potential there. He'll be the best RB on the board somewhere in that range.

Given the incredible depth at WR in the draft this year, it seems very likely that Robinson will be drafted by a team that likes him as a RB before a team who likes him as a WR pulls the trigger.

pehawk

Reaction score
kearly":3drsaqzw said:
pehawk":3drsaqzw said:

Agreed. Not a great year for RBs this year, and Robinson looks like he's got some nice potential there. He'll be the best RB on the board somewhere in that range.

Given the incredible depth at WR in the draft this year, it seems very likely that Robinson will be drafted by a team that likes him as a RB before a team who likes him as a WR pulls the trigger.

You see him as a better RB or WR? I see him as a cross between Sproles and Percy Harvin...leaning more towards Sproles.

As I type that, New Orleans makes a ton of sense for Denard. Sproles will age like all RB's, overnight and without warning. That position makes Brees n' friends tick...they cant live without that.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
We could work up some bitching run options with Denard and Lynch and Wilson.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2rckv6rq said:
We could work up some bitching run options with Denard and Lynch and Wilson.

For sure. Imagine the fun Cable and Bevell would have?

Okay, now I'd be fine with JS pulling another JS and nabbing him in the 2nd.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Philly.

If Chip runs the Oregon offense (which I expect some of but i dont think it will be all he does) Robinson would be perfect for the De'Anthony Thomas role. Hell, he might even be able to play some QB with what Chip likes to do although usually Chip likes his QB's to be throwers first who just happen to be great runners.

Imagine Leshaun McCoy, Deshaun Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, and Denard Robinson. Chip is going to make that offense filthy if he can build the o'line. Maybe he'll even let Chris Polk hold for FG's or something.

If i'm Chip Kelly i'd go o'linemen round 1. Defense round 2. Denard Robinson round 3. Matt Scott round 4.

Of course, I would absolutly love Denard to become a Seahawk. Just thinking of other potential destinations.

kearly

Reaction score
I could see Philly for both Robinson and Scott. Both strike me as Chip Kelly types. I kind of hope that doesn't happen though. Philly could actually be scary if Scott pans out for Kelly like I think he can. Kelly doesn't give a shit if you check through reads. He just wants the ball out of your hand in 1.7 seconds or less. Very good fit for Scott, who can check through reads but is accustomed to a very fast pace offense.

BTW, I wonder if Andy Reid lies awake at night wondering what things might have been like if he had taken Wilson in round 2 instead of Kendricks. Wonder if the Seahawks will troll the Eagles out of their QB again this year? Going to be similar criteria I'm sure.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I don't think the curve will be as bad for him as it was for Tate since Tate had to learn the slot and the outside positions and was developed to be an every down type of player with raw talent and high potential. (I thought I've heard that John rated Tate a 1st rounder?)

A talent like Robinson you create certain sets of play specifically for his skill set like reverse, option/pistol HB packages, screen out of the backfield, WR hand-off pass plays and such, about 5 or so plays in the playbook with some different alignments and just let him do stuff. I could see innovative coaching staffs jump at this kind of player to throw even the best defenses off balance, sadly I could imagine SF targeting him for just these types of situation football along with NO which would piss me off if he ended up in SF. He is probably more tailback than WR though, interestingly he is listed most places as WR.

I think Robinson's highest grade is probably a mid second rounder but we could probably afford to wait until the 3rd and perhaps trade up in front of NO to make that pick depending on what we did to address DE, DT, WR in the first 2 rounds and FA. I would love to have Robinson on this team as he adds a lot more speed to the team and has shown he can make plays even against legit defenses.

two dog

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1lh8pwmv said:
Philly.

If Chip runs the Oregon offense (which I expect some of but i dont think it will be all he does) Robinson would be perfect for the De'Anthony Thomas role. Hell, he might even be able to play some QB with what Chip likes to do although usually Chip likes his QB's to be throwers first who just happen to be great runners.

Imagine Leshaun McCoy, Deshaun Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, and Denard Robinson. Chip is going to make that offense filthy if he can build the o'line. Maybe he'll even let Chris Polk hold for FG's or something.

If i'm Chip Kelly i'd go o'linemen round 1. Defense round 2. Denard Robinson round 3. Matt Scott round 4.

Of course, I would absolutly love Denard to become a Seahawk. Just thinking of other potential destinations.

You said, for me, a magic word. To this point I really like Matt Scott for the Seahawks.
His skill set seems to be ideal for a backup to Wilson, minus the deep ball that Russell
throws. I am really anticipating watching him in today's East-West Shrine game.
Whether or not Flynn is moved, I would like to see Scott a Seahawk.

pehawk

Reaction score
Apparently Denard's not impressing at the Senior Bowl. Fine by me, all the more chance of him beng a Seahawk.