WOW - ND LB T'eo's dead GF story a HOAX!!!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
The Ray Lewis thing is a hard one for me. It's a "but for the grace of god goes I" thing.

Not that I'm a gangsta thug, far from it. But, I've seen dudes get put into comas, legs broken, jaws shattered into paste via circumstantial punches or falls. Another inch or two, it easily could've ended up a homicide, EASY. Anyone in the early 20's, who ended up in fights, could've been Ray Lewis. Or, to put it another way, any of us.

Greenhell

Reaction score
pehawk":j4v1b25o said:
The Ray Lewis thing is a hard one for me. It's a "but for the grace of god goes I" thing.

Not that I'm a gangsta thug, far from it. But, I've seen dudes get put into comas, legs broken, jaws shattered into paste via circumstantial punches or falls. Another inch or two, it easily could've ended up a homicide, EASY. Anyone in the early 20's, who ended up in fights, could've been Ray Lewis. Or, to put it another way, any of us.

gangsta-thumb-250x250.jpg

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
12evanf":nyneedix said:
In high school, Te'o had a 3.5 grade-point average and did volunteer work with the Shriners Hospital, Head Start preschool program, Hawai'i Food Bank and Special Olympics. Te'o also became an Eagle Scout in November 2008.[15] Te'o is an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).

That doesn't scream creep to me. The girlfriend situation sounds more closet-homosexual or closet-religious than dirt-bag masquerader.

fwiw.... when you are Mormon you are forced to do all those things (w/ the exception of GPA). Volunteer work, boy scouts, etc. If you don't do it you are looked at as a TOTAL outsider, bad kid, bad parents, and outcast.

signed, someone who was raised Mormon.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Anyone who's been in a barfight couldve easily had some douche slip and crack his head open. I.e. manslaughter.

12evanf

Reaction score
pehawk":80ke5muc said:
Anyone who's been in a barfight couldve easily had some douche slip and crack his head open. I.e. manslaughter.

Have you been watching Con Air?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
12evanf":2n3n0kz9 said:
pehawk":2n3n0kz9 said:
I've spent most of my life in a world of liars, thieves and masqueraders...I'm well-versed in people like this. You can dismiss that all you want, but anyone who's lived that type of life can recognize and identify personalities better than psychiatrists.

T'eo's Wiki page

In high school, Te'o had a 3.5 grade-point average and did volunteer work with the Shriners Hospital, Head Start preschool program, Hawai'i Food Bank and Special Olympics. Te'o also became an Eagle Scout in November 2008.[15] Te'o is an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).

That doesn't scream creep to me. The girlfriend situation sounds more closet-homosexual or closet-religious than dirt-bag masquerader.
Ted Bundy did charity work too...not saying Te'o's that kinda creep, but a lot of creeps hide behind a kind, compassionate front.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SuperHawks":rreduq4j said:
A lot of people are painting this issue as black and white when in reality it is probably mostly gray.

Has he lied? Yes, there really is no denying that. But, the real issue here is what the intent was.

If he lied to cover up the embarrassment of being in love with a girl he's never met online that's a whole lot less of a big deal than if he lied and was involved in a big conspiracy in order to get publicity for personal gain.

It really isn't that hard to believe that he he lied initially to cover up that embarrassment and then had it spiral out of control rapidly.

Who here hasn't spun a lie before where you have to keep lying so you don't get caught? Now imagine that the spotlight is on you 24/7 by the entire nation and having that pressure to keep the lie going by any means necessary. Not a pretty picture right? Don't know about you guys but I sure as hell wouldn't be chomping at the bit to fess up to all of this nonsense.

Is he guilty of terrible judgement? Absolutely, no matter what else happens at the very least he's not only naive but not the brightest bulb because there is no way this wouldn't come to light at some point. Who knows, maybe he was just hoping to ride it out another few months until after the draft and then it wouldn't really matter if it came out. While embarrassing he'd still be set for life financially.

All I'm saying is there are still plenty of unknowns here and to assume that it's automatically the worst case scenario and to absolutely destroy him the way he's been destroyed the past few days is at best premature, and at worst could be just flat out wrong.

Having said all of that I have no idea what happened and he could turn out to be the POS you guys are claiming him to be but until I see all the evidence from both sides I'm withholding judgement.
The part for me that is very telling is that he knew about the hoax at the VERY LATEST (I don't believe for one second he didn't know before that) on Dec. 6th and continued to push that story line in the public afterwards. Why? My best guess...he understood what the storyline did for his Heisman chances and his exposure during the BCS Championship game.

12evanf

Reaction score
-The Glove-":opjai1qk said:
Ted Bundy did charity work too...not saying Te'o's that kinda creep, but a lot of creeps hide behind a kind, compassionate front.

Yeah but we usually look past creeps that can play football. Michael Vick and Ray Lewis both seem like bigger high risk people to me and they've broken past their stigmas. Manti can play football, somebody is going to take a chance on him. I'm not even saying we necessarily SHOULD, but I could see the Seahawks being the team that does. We usually don't pass by risky bargains.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
12evanf":wwafewed said:
pehawk":wwafewed said:

Have you been watching Con Air?

Quite possibly one of the best action movies of all time, and not because it's good in a Die Hard kind of way.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
12evanf":3q38oyq7 said:
-The Glove-":3q38oyq7 said:

Yeah but we usually look past creeps that can play football. Michael Vick and Ray Lewis both seem like bigger high risk people to me and they've broken past their stigmas. Manti can play football, somebody is going to take a chance on him. I'm not even saying we necessarily SHOULD, but I could see the Seahawks being the team that does. We usually don't pass by risky bargains.
True...I actually wouldn't mind Te'o on the team. I just find this story incredibly sad, and honestly, really funny.

blue 22

Reaction score
Manti Te'o news reaches Taiwan
[youtube]cWmpGhIZJWw[/youtube]

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
You want to know what else is offensive? The fact the term "catfish" is being used. I was SO pissed off watching that, I thought it was real heading into it. 5 minutes in, I was livid and threw a lil tantrum over it.

Catfish wasn't real either, assholes.

CPHawk

Reaction score
12evanf":1qc73l3m said:
Back to watching T'eo as a football player, am I the only one that thinks he still has a place on the Seahawks? Potential top talent that may be able to be had at a bargain, just needs a gutsy team to take a chance on him... who does that sounds like?

Even if he is "simple" or "child like," the dude has football instincts.

No, you can't bring a jackass like this into the locker room. Guys won't respect him now, and any mistake will be amplified by the fans. Would much rather have a guy like Vontae then this clown. At least a guy who is to emotional can grow up, but a guy who lies for attention to the country is just creepy.

kearly

Reaction score
One of the things NFL GMs often do that I don't believe in is completely removing players from their boards. That's how Tom Brady goes in the 6th round. That's how Russell Wilson reaches the 3rd round. I think if there is some feature you really don't care for, but the talent is there, you knock them down several rounds, but you never rule them out. Generally speaking.

I would rule out Manti Te'o. If I was a GM, I would not even call him in UDFA. Scott has already said it better than I could, Te'o shows all the signs of a future cancer, and his lack of accountability could effect his ability to grow as an NFL player. Maybe he'll end up a pro-bowler for some other team, but to me the risk is simply not worth it.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
CPHawk":1riitghg said:
12evanf":1riitghg said:
Back to watching T'eo as a football player, am I the only one that thinks he still has a place on the Seahawks? Potential top talent that may be able to be had at a bargain, just needs a gutsy team to take a chance on him... who does that sounds like?

Even if he is "simple" or "child like," the dude has football instincts.

No, you can't bring a jackass like this into the locker room. Guys won't respect him now, and any mistake will be amplified by the fans. Would much rather have a guy like Vontae then this clown. At least a guy who is to emotional can grow up, but a guy who lies for attention to the country is just creepy.

We have dudes that robbed drug dealers on our team..... Teo is a sissy.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
"Mr Te'o, hi, Mike Brown here....welcome to the Bengals"

To pile on kearly, the Bengals are managing their team by targeting these types. Allows Brown to hold the financial leverage. Makes sense when you're a farm team, competing in the pros. Total sense.

I was surprised they didn't take Polk, actually.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The locker room is gonna react in a more favorable manner to Irvin than they would to someone who's lied for national attention.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Throwdown":364omzni said:
The locker room is gonna react in a more favorable manner to Irvin than they would to someone who's lied for national attention.

:th2thumbs:

Who would you be willing to mess with? Dude that robs drug dealers with dreads that look like he was homeless for years or dude that is clean cut and can't get chicks.

Latest posts