Bevell signs extension to stay Hawks OC

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Evil_Shenanigans wrote:Just surprised that Bevell is the one the Seahawks fought to keep here. See ya Gus!


    I think there are a couple possibilities why. The most likely one being that Pete might not have felt Bradley had much left to learn in his system and he was ready to strike out on his own, as it were.

    Or they just really wanted to bring in Quinn.

    I'm really glad to see this. I think, given that we're going to have at least one drafted receiver this year, Bevell's going to be a good choice for integrating the rook into our system. I can only hope it's someone like DeAndre Hopkins.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15453
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Seanhawk wrote:
    shawnsim wrote:
    Simply because we should have gone for the points. We should have gone for momentum. We blew it and lost by a field goal. Not too hard to understand.


    Your gripe is with Pete then, not Bevell. It was not Bevell's decision to not kick the FG.


    Exactly. If anyone blames Bevell for the call to go for it on 4th and 1, they don't know how the team works.

    Blame him for the playcall, sure, but not the call to go for it. (even though the playcall itself was fine too. That same play has worked every time this year and we have run it multiple times).
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11747
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • HawkFan72 wrote:(....That same play has worked every time this year and we have run it multiple times).


    And Atlanta was ready for it....they scout too!
    "I didn't do anything...i just headbutted him!"
    User avatar
    purpleworld
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 388
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 11:18 am


  • HawkFan72 wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    shawnsim wrote:
    Simply because we should have gone for the points. We should have gone for momentum. We blew it and lost by a field goal. Not too hard to understand.


    Your gripe is with Pete then, not Bevell. It was not Bevell's decision to not kick the FG.


    Exactly. If anyone blames Bevell for the call to go for it on 4th and 1, they don't know how the team works.

    Blame him for the playcall, sure, but not the call to go for it. (even though the playcall itself was fine too. That same play has worked every time this year and we have run it multiple times).


    That's kind of a problem too though, if we've run it multiple times and it's been successful don't you think a team as good as ATL would notice and prepare for it?

    They called the perfect defense for that situation.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10402
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


  • purpleworld wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:(....That same play has worked every time this year and we have run it multiple times).


    And Atlanta was ready for it....they scout too!


    You think all the other teams hadn't prepared for it as well? Sometimes there are plays that are successful even when the other team knows it is coming. If you execute correctly, there is no way to stop it from getting 1 or 2 yards.

    The Hawks just did not execute on that play. They let a blitzer come right through the running lane.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11747
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • v1rotv2 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I have questioned the way we handcuffed Wilson early in the season, and even had some issues early in games later in the season, but I do think they are learning each other and another year of continuity should be a positive thing for both of them.



    PC said many times it was him that kept the leash on Wilson. Bevell answers to PC.


    Not only do I know this, but I was pretty adamant about it when it happened. Pete is the head coach and should take responsibility, as it is he who makes the final call on something like that. Of course if Pete is the kind of person and coach I believe him to be, he doesn't just make these decisions arbitrarily. He's going to listen to the input of the position coaches and coordinators. My point being that pete rightfully owned the decision, but that doesn't mean it wasn't partially Bevell, Cable or any of the other coaches inputs that didn't help bring him to that decision.

    Still, I like Bevell overall more tha I've disliked him, and I think we made a ton of positive strides last season from game 1 through game 18. This alone says we should try to remain consistent in our coaching philosophy here and to do that we should remain consistent with the coaches as well.

    All in all, keeping Bevell, IMO is much more important than keeping Bradley. I think our team will continue to grow under the current staff.
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14050
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Im good with this, young QB needs consistency.
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm


  • If Russell Wilson wasn't our QB and Matt Flynn didn't have a spectacular season, then this move would probably piss most people off.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • Zowert wrote:If Russell Wilson wasn't our QB and Matt Flynn didn't have a spectacular season, then this move would probably piss most people off.


    Basically you're saying if our offense sucked we'd blame the coordinator.....surprise surprise. kinda like when a team fails to achieve it's goals they blame the coach and/or gm. This is kind of how the system works. Do a good job, keep your job. Get crappy results, lose your job.
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14050
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • HawkFan72 wrote:
    purpleworld wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:(....That same play has worked every time this year and we have run it multiple times).


    And Atlanta was ready for it....they scout too!


    You think all the other teams hadn't prepared for it as well? Sometimes there are plays that are successful even when the other team knows it is coming. If you execute correctly, there is no way to stop it from getting 1 or 2 yards.

    The Hawks just did not execute on that play. They let a blitzer come right through the running lane.


    Pete said the play failed because it was so loud, they missed an 'alert.' Whatever that is...
    Image
    Sturm
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2345
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:11 pm


  • Sturm wrote:Pete said the play failed because it was so loud, they missed an 'alert.' Whatever that is...


    Since Giacomini and McQuistan both blocked the same guy, I'm guessing the "alert" was that there was going to be someone coming in unblocked. These protection calls are made at the line of scrimmage and in noisy stadiums they will use hand signals if it gets too loud. I'm just guessing that what pete means is that there was an alert called out pre-snap, but it wasn't heard, and nobody blocked the guy. If we'd gotten a blocker on that guy, we very well may have made that yard. That is basically why it broke down.
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14050
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Sturm wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:
    purpleworld wrote:[quote="HawkFan72"](....That same play has worked every time this year and we have run it multiple times).


    And Atlanta was ready for it....they scout too!


    You think all the other teams hadn't prepared for it as well? Sometimes there are plays that are successful even when the other team knows it is coming. If you execute correctly, there is no way to stop it from getting 1 or 2 yards.

    The Hawks just did not execute on that play. They let a blitzer come right through the running lane.


    Pete said the play failed because it was so loud, they missed an 'alert.' Whatever that is...[/quote]
    From what I heard, Wilson called a certain protection and the linemen didn't hear him. I think the announcers also said something about it and that's why they started using hand signals more after that.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7211
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • kearly wrote:I think Bevell deserves a lot of credit. Most teams that run read-option in the NFL commit to it fairly strictly (SF with Kaepernick, Carolina, Washington, etc), and the offenses they run are very obviously dumbed down. Late in the season I thought Bevell did an awesome job of mixing read option with a traditional offense. The result was a whole lot of games over 400 or even 500 total yards. People talk about playcalling/predictability but that is just one aspect of what an OC brings to a team. How that OC fits the existing talent is what is most important, and Bevell fits it perfectly. And for the record, I think Bevell's playcalling is just fine. Most of the crying over his playcalling comes in brutal losses where the offense did it's job and the defense didn't, and MMQB'ing takes over.

    Sure, Wilson made Bevell and not the other way around, but I'm fine with that. At the end of the day Bevell may not be the greatest OC in the game, but he fits Wilson as well as anyone would. If Andy Reid or Jon Gruden came in to run our offense, I don't think it would be a whole lot better, simply because Wilson and Bevell seem to have developed chemistry working together.


    Plus One. I love Bevell and think he is very creative. IMHO, he is one of the best OCs in the league and our offense will demonstrate that belief next year when it ranks in the top 10. :th2thumbs:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 8724
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • ivotuk wrote:
    kearly wrote:I think Bevell deserves a lot of credit. Most teams that run read-option in the NFL commit to it fairly strictly (SF with Kaepernick, Carolina, Washington, etc), and the offenses they run are very obviously dumbed down. Late in the season I thought Bevell did an awesome job of mixing read option with a traditional offense. The result was a whole lot of games over 400 or even 500 total yards. People talk about playcalling/predictability but that is just one aspect of what an OC brings to a team. How that OC fits the existing talent is what is most important, and Bevell fits it perfectly. And for the record, I think Bevell's playcalling is just fine. Most of the crying over his playcalling comes in brutal losses where the offense did it's job and the defense didn't, and MMQB'ing takes over.

    Sure, Wilson made Bevell and not the other way around, but I'm fine with that. At the end of the day Bevell may not be the greatest OC in the game, but he fits Wilson as well as anyone would. If Andy Reid or Jon Gruden came in to run our offense, I don't think it would be a whole lot better, simply because Wilson and Bevell seem to have developed chemistry working together.


    Plus One. I love Bevell and think he is very creative. IMHO, he is one of the best OCs in the league and our offense will demonstrate that belief next year when it ranks in the top 10. :th2thumbs:


    Even with our "slow start" we were #9 in scoring in offense this year. I think if we continue at the rate we finished the season (which to me is more telling than our start), we should be in the top 5 at the very least next season.

    Yes the NFL likes to use the yards per game to measure the stats, but I think that scoring is the most important part of both offense and defensive stats.
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14050
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • hawkmanj wrote:Good. We need continuity, especially for RW


    Agreed, continuity will be very important for Wilson as he grows. Not happy we lost Bradley...but sooner or later we where going to lose both of them....i sure hope Quinn is better at play calling when there is 30 seconds left on the clock and the win is in danger.
    Steve Largent is greatest Seahawk WR of all time
    User avatar
    xCalibur
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 196
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:29 pm
    Location: Santa Barbara


  • Yards means your going the full length of the field on every possession, points and effciantcy is better, if we get what we want the defense should provide turnovers and good field position, shorter drives more points.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11256
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • VancitySeahawk wrote:According to ESPN Bevell received a contract extension and a raise. He accepted and withdrew from the Arizona coaching race.

    IMHO he is lucky to have a job here, his playcalling is craptastic at best. Him getting a raise is money NOT well spent. I think Bradley was the worst of the 2, but Bevell was a real close 2nd.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11947
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • I agree, Wilson made Bevell. I feel like Bevell was slow to adjust in both playoff games, trying to stick with his brainiac game plan when in the end the solution was to press the "Easy" button and just hand it to Russell and say do your thing RW. That pisses me off. I also felt like by trying to spare RW from pressure early in the season they ended up putting him in pressure-PACKED situations where 4th quarter heroics was needed, time after time, starting with the very first game of the season. But I get they were trying to bring RW along slowly, I get that they couldn't bring themselves to believe in Russell's godliness quite so early, and I get that it was as much Pete as Bevell.

    For those saying this is good because RW likes him, RW only spouts team-first sentiments so how would we know what Russell really thinks? And everyone here KNOWS Russell would be just fine no matter who was calling the plays, as long as when things didn't work out they turned it over to the Russell magic show and let him do his thing.

    But if Russ doesn't have to learn a new playbook that's more time he can spend studying opposing defenses or working hard on other aspects, so I do buy the continuity aspect of it. I don't think Bevell is a make-or-break decision for this team, but I like that we kept him. I do have to say I agree with those who say that of all the read-option offenses, Bevell did the best job integrating it in such a fashion as to make it only a small part of a "real" NFL offense, but a part that could be leaned on heavily in crunch time to great effect. That's deserving of some praise. And his playcalling overall did get much better.

    If I don't see a heaping helping of Zach Miller, throws to Turbin out of the backfield, targeting Rice more, and in general a more Russell-focused offense from the very beginning next year I'm going to take back all the nice things I said about Bevell though and call for his head.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5253
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm


  • Well Bevell is one part, Pete being a defensive guy gets forgotton in this but wasn't it him that was the one studing the offense of Washington and brought in the read option to be a compliment here as well.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11256
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • I agree Chris that Pete may have been the idea man on the read option, but my guess is the particulars of integrating the read option were given to Bevell to handle, and he did a good job with those details.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5253
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm


  • I am wondering what credentials anyone here has to criticize Bevell? The dude is an NFL Offensive Coordinator for a reason. Not some high school junior varsity coordinator. If the Seahawks management are able to pick talented players consistently, then I think they know what they're doing when they sign an offensive coordinator too.

    Good thing these are 'humble opinions' because that's all they're worth...

    Not trying to be a jerk here.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • Zowert wrote:I am wondering what credentials anyone here has to criticize Bevell? The dude is an NFL Offensive Coordinator for a reason. Not some high school junior varsity coordinator. If the Seahawks management are able to pick talented players consistently, then I think they know what they're doing when they sign an offensive coordinator too.

    Good thing these are 'humble opinions' because that's all they're worth...

    Not trying to be a jerk here.


    They post on seahawks.net???
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9294
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Zowert wrote:I am wondering what credentials anyone here has to criticize Bevell? The dude is an NFL Offensive Coordinator for a reason. Not some high school junior varsity coordinator. If the Seahawks management are able to pick talented players consistently, then I think they know what they're doing when they sign an offensive coordinator too.

    Good thing these are 'humble opinions' because that's all they're worth...

    Not trying to be a jerk here.


    They post on seahawks.net???


    I'm just saying.. I don't understand how or why so many people think negatively of Bevell when the guy is obviously doing something right. I mean, he still has a job and he was even being pursued as a potential head coach.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • I too see nobody actually giving examples of how Bevell's play-calling was bad, except for sporadic instances. We were one of the hottest offenses in the league after Week 5.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11327
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Zowert, it is a time honored tradition to question the coordinators and coaches. Sure they are paid millions for their knowledge but there are those that are better than others. Most fans aren't allowed to look at the game within a game. Paranoia or trade secrets, coaches aren't going to walk folks through a gameplan or game film.

    I usually will not question authority, since I am not in the position but others are free thinkers and figure they have seen enough Xs and Os over the years that they want to give their opinion. It isn't like folks are 100% wrong or guessing when they called out earlier play calling The coaches themselves admitted that they had reigned in the playbook because they didn't know the boundaries of their young QB. They even said they would to their credit. It just frustrated fans and observers nationwide when they did.

    It is certainly a fact that others thought enough of the Seahawks coaches that both the OC and DC got several Head coaching interviews. Your point may be valid but fans have to have something to talk about and voice alternatives. Even if those may not be from professionally trained coaches. It is a little give and take.

    If some are going overboard, maybe you can give a counter that they have to think about. The "you aren't a pro" argument isn't going to carry much weight but I guess it at least lets you get it off your chest. Just like the others wanted to do with their posts.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9340
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I too see nobody actually giving examples of how Bevell's play-calling was bad, except for sporadic instances. We were one of the hottest offenses in the league after Week 5.

    The numerous times at various points in .NET chat during games this year where I begged him not to run for a second or third time in a row because the defense would see it coming, and then watching Marshawn get 1-2 yards or get stuffed for a loss don't count? Sure, some of those ended up working, but not most. We had to punt because of stupid consecutive run plays this year more times than I can count. For the record, I'm not against consecutive run plays, it was more the constant up-the-gut stuff without changing it around some that killed me. Get creative if you're going to run three damn times in a row. Running to either side of the center 3 consecutive times is something that you simply cannot do.

    It got old watching us march 80 yards down the field like it was nothing, repeatedly, 3 times as much in the second halves of games as in the first halves because we started calling better plays suited to our personnel and quarterback, then watching us go back to the boring, predictable, bland stuff to start the next game with. I'm also only referring to the second half of the season; I get that Papa Pete kept a leash on it the first half, I don't blame Bevell for that.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26427
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I too see nobody actually giving examples of how Bevell's play-calling was bad, except for sporadic instances. We were one of the hottest offenses in the league after Week 5.

    I will be compiling my list and checking it twice.
    Serious question, Brandon. Do you think it was entirely necessary for Seattle to have the highest run split in the league?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11269
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • I did give examples of Bevell's play calling stating that certain formations meant one or two plays only from those formations. Diags got after me for it, but I stand by the assertion. It was not until the Lions game that it was changed. Whether that was Pete saying, we need to stick to the basics on this stuff until Wilson gets to the point I want him at or not is the question.

    When Pete stated that he opened up the offense is when all of that changed. I know that most fans out there do not understand the chess game that is play calling, so I will try to explain some of it. You show things to the opponents coordinator by formation and the routes you have your players run. It is like magic shows. You show them one hand while the other hand is doing the actual work. Bevell did a great job building on the plays he called early when he changed things up.

    Now, my biggest criticism of Bevell that happened throughout the year is that quite a few of the plays he has end up with the receivers too close together. There were no fewer than 9 instances of one receiver catching or knocking down a pass that was intended for a different receiver. Part of that is that the other receiver in the pattern was isolated on one side of the field and we were trying to pull the safety to the side with the multiple receivers, but the isolated receiver still didn't get the separation desired to make the throw.
    FIRE CABLE!
    Image
    User avatar
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1538
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm


  • Scottemojo wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:I too see nobody actually giving examples of how Bevell's play-calling was bad, except for sporadic instances. We were one of the hottest offenses in the league after Week 5.

    I will be compiling my list and checking it twice.
    Serious question, Brandon. Do you think it was entirely necessary for Seattle to have the highest run split in the league?


    Pete took responsibility for that early on.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9294
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


  • Scottemojo wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:I too see nobody actually giving examples of how Bevell's play-calling was bad, except for sporadic instances. We were one of the hottest offenses in the league after Week 5.

    I will be compiling my list and checking it twice.
    Serious question, Brandon. Do you think it was entirely necessary for Seattle to have the highest run split in the league?


    Like CALIHAWK1 said, I think a lot of that had to do with protecting Wilson early on. I also wonder what that split would look like without so many of Wilson's passing attempts turning into scrambles for various reasons. Maybe your split accounted for that, but Wilson was one of the league's most scramblesque QB's.

    I agree with BASF's assertion that play-calling lies more in the looks given than in the plays executed. Running three times in a row is not an inherently dumb idea. Just because a team runs to the left on one play doesn't magically make it more probable that they'll do it on the next play. So unless the formation is giving too much away, I place the blame for failed plays more execution than calling.

    And honestly, I just don't remember nearly as much run-run-pass as Roland does from this season. I think a lot of us are fixated on such series because we hate them so much, and notice them more easily than we notice the alternative. In fact, towards the middle of the season I did some play-charting and saw that Seattle was passing on first down much more often (like 74% over some interval that I've now forgotten) than we were running.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11327
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • This is a key move for the future of the Seahawks and Russell Wilson

    I'm sure there will still be irrational hate towards Bevell, but those people can just hush since they're ignoring the facts anyways.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1661
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


  • I'm glad we have him for at least another year. If we have the same or better success next season he will be a head coach somewhere IMO.
    GO SEAHAWKS!!
    User avatar
    grizrgood
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 87
    Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 am
    Location: Selah, Washington


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:And honestly, I just don't remember nearly as much run-run-pass as Roland does from this season. I think a lot of us are fixated on such series because we hate them so much, and notice them more easily than we notice the alternative. In fact, towards the middle of the season I did some play-charting and saw that Seattle was passing on first down much more often (like 74% over some interval that I've now forgotten) than we were running.


    You're projecting. I never gave a number or percentage, I simply said it's too much. Chart the success of our run-run-pass sets of downs compared to any down we start with a pass on, I suspect you'll see a ginormous discrepancy.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26427
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Previous


It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information