In the distant future....

Zowert

Reaction score
Start him off as Offensive Coordinator (skip QB coach, that would be a waste of a great mind). Then if he does well coordinating the offense, make him the Head Coach.

Pete Carroll is 61. I could see him retiring around 68 years old. Pete is pretty youthful for his age. So who knows.

Russell Wilson is just 24 years old. I can see Russ settling down to be a pocket passer as he ages, but still his style of play will take a toll on his body and he will most likely retire a little younger than most good quarterbacks. Like Peyton Manning, who is turning 37 in March. The crazy thing is, Manning signed a 5-year contract in early 2012. So he is contracted to play to the age of 41 (three months shy of 42).

Not saying Russ will be as great of a QB as Peyton Manning, just using his age as an example.

I doubt RW will play to the same age as Manning. If I had to guess, I'd say Russell Wilson retires somewhere around 34-36 years old. Meaning Pete Carroll will have retired and we would be a couple years in with a new coach. Which could be perfect timing, if they hire Wilson as OC, by the time the next Head Coach's time is up. Russ will be ready to step in.

This is all looking way into the future and speculating that Wilson will not only be a great QB that we all believe he can be. But he'll also want to coach after his playing career and be good at it.

purpleworld

Reaction score
Lifetime contract....Coordinator, then Coach, then GM, then President.....then Owner!

GoHawks

Reaction score
RW will need to be winding down his NFL career by age 35 to begin his candidacy for President of the U.S.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
CHEESE AND RICE, DUDE!

Can we please let the guy play season number two before we elect him Pope?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":zo1fuhry said:
CHEESE AND RICE, DUDE!

Not sure how he's going to balance his Papal duties with the research/lab work he'll be doing to cure cancer and CTE at the same time. Dude's only human.

Steve2222

Reaction score
GoHawks":25pwil3a said:
RW will need to be winding down his NFL career by age 35 to begin his candidacy for President of the U.S.

I approve this message

mikeak

Reaction score
I said it last week. I think he can step in as DC right now. He is obviously twiddling his thumbs when not playing and there is always room for some more film watching. I think dual-hatting like this would help him on the offensive side of the ball as well.....

Do I need a sarcasm off sign?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
mikeak":4n53f786 said:
I said it last week. I think he can step in as DC right now. He is obviously twiddling his thumbs when not playing and there is always room for some more film watching. I think dual-hatting like this would help him on the offensive side of the ball as well.....

At the very least, it would help keep his head in the game. Do you see how disinterested he can seem when he's on the sidelines? As if he doesn't even care?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3dyoxe0q said:
Scottemojo":3dyoxe0q said:
CHEESE AND RICE, DUDE!

He's too short to be the Pope.
It is a pretty tall hat.

Happy

Reaction score
Did the Friday 5 o'clock free crack giveaway start a little early today?