who will bradley take with him?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
who will bradley take with him?
Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:28 pm
  • I think todd wash is as good as gone, he was with gus at ndsu and tampa.
    bkit29
    NET Practice Squad

Re: who will bradley take with him?
Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:29 pm
  • Flynn for a 2nd round pick.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:43 pm
  • I am just hoping Bradley doesn't poach some of our good young defenders when they hit free agency in the next couple years. You know he has a great relationship with these guys and he's going to try to woo them to Florida. Especially some of the guys who are from the East Coast who would get to play closer to home.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:52 pm
  • I just don't see anyone wanting to go to the Jags.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:55 pm
  • I hope he doesn't get Richards, that would stink. And I too worry about some of our potential young FA's going with him while he is down there.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:59 pm
  • v1rotv2 wrote:I just don't see anyone wanting to go to the Jags.

Money talks. Being closer to home is a draw. Being close to the head coach is a draw.

Josh Brown was a town hero and he left to go to a bottom-dweller Rams team, our division rival, because of the first two items on that list. Great players go to crappy teams all the time in the NFL.

Mario Williams last year to the Bills?
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:02 pm
  • Who in the hell would want to go to Jax?
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm
  • I say if a guy would rather go play with Bradley on the Jags, then I'd rather he leave, because he's not 100% committed to winning. It's one thing to be confident, it's quite another to be realistic. They aren't going to win a lot of games next year.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:08 pm
  • Well there is the advantage of Pete, he was Richard's coach and then gave him his opportunity, USC alumni and all that. Richard was alos drafted by the Seahawks so he has strong ties going back a while. Bradley was a Mora holdover, I think the working relationship that Pete has with his guys is strong. Most the position guys are Pete picked and if it's money I don't beleive after how we performed last year that a raise would be out of the question in negotiations. Also what position are they going to go to thats a promotion?

If they want that staying here make much more sense, Jags are going to be a team of turmoil for a couple years minimum, most these guys just did that and may want to see the fruits of their labor if it's going to a lateral move.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:17 pm
  • The one that scares the crap out of me is Cable going to be the OC. That is the one and only coach that I'm genuinely worried about, and here's why.... I think if you're Tom Cable, you see that Gus is a risky hire, that the Jags new owner isn't real patient, and that there is a real possibility of the franchise relocating to LA. Maybe Tom wants to put himself in line for an interim head coaching position, which let's face it... could happen at some point this coming season if the Jags just flounder. Or... he could be the head coach next season. Many first time NFL coaches don't last long. Cable would then be the obvious replacement, and would likely do fairly well as they have some pretty tough players, and he knows how to run a team inside and out, I don't think Gus quite does. Gus would have been much better off in a place that was more established. There isn't really a worse situation in football right now than in Jacksonville, especially in a draft that is so weak at QB. So... let's hope Cable gets the wink-wink-nudge-nudge head coach in waiting contract extension within the next few hours. If he really wants to be a head coach ASAP, then this may honestly be his shortest path. Not that I think Gus is a bad coach. I just think that he is going into a really crummy situation with an owner who is somewhat unrealistic in his expectations.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Leroy Hill wouldn't be a bad pick up for Jax. He isn't likely to be re-signed here and could be a decent backup with the Jags. He has been with Bradley since he came to Seattle to coach. Branch is another as well as Jones if Bradley liked what he saw out of them.

Coaches, maybe Seto or Richards if he offers them a step up from coaching DBs. Wash as already mentioned. Who knows which quality control guys on defense we have that may be future rock stars and he can entice to come to Jacksonville?
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

This :13: No need to worry
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Location: Victoria BC or my Galactic Stonghold on Nar Shaddaa

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:19 pm
  • bkit29 wrote:I think todd wash is as good as gone, he was with gus at ndsu and tampa.

Todd Wash was my first thought as well.

I wonder if Rocky Seto or Kris Richard leave to coach Dbs?
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:20 pm
  • Cable is an assistant Head Coach, I think thats why we gave him that title to protect him from being pilferred. The only upgrade would be head coach and as we at least thru the media we saw there was no interest.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:22 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:I am just hoping Bradley doesn't poach some of our good young defenders when they hit free agency in the next couple years. You know he has a great relationship with these guys and he's going to try to woo them to Florida. Especially some of the guys who are from the East Coast who would get to play closer to home.

Never thought of that...

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:37 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Cable is an assistant Head Coach, I think thats why we gave him that title to protect him from being pilferred. The only upgrade would be head coach and as we at least thru the media we saw there was no interest.

Good point Chris. Are guys prevented from making parallel moves now? They used to be able to if they were under contract if they were taking the same position or higher. I know there was some tweaking to that rule, and they were required to get permission. I haven't seen the Hawks ever stand in anybody's way since Carroll has been here though. If Cable saw it as a good shot as a head coach, do you think he'd go? He'd probably end up as the head coach in Jacksonville sooner than in Seattle as I don't see Pete leaving or 5 years or so at this rate (if even that). He may decide to just move upstairs like Walsh did and let Seifert take over.... but I think Pete is a bit more interested in being on the field high fiving guys than Walsh ever was. He seemed to want to be the mastermind and let his coaches call the game while he stood there and worked his evil geniusness without a lot of enthusiasm or energy involved.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:39 pm
  • Cable leaving for Jax would shock me. The best chance he has of becoming a HC again is pounding home wins with Marshawn (he is also from here, sure he digs that). Talented players make head coaches out of coordinators ala Wilson/Bev, Legion of boom/Bradley.

If someone is going to leave, it is going to be a position/quality control coach that will be promoted to coordinator in Jax. Norton/Seto etc.

As for the players, I am confident the hawks will keep who they need to keep to win. Simple as that. We won't let vital pieces get away. You won't see sherman or early in jacksonville. Kam or Browner, maybe (good but not vital).
    Last edited by Coug_Hawk08 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:39 pm
  • I dunno. The Hawks have a "thing" going on right now.

If I was a player I would want to stay with the Hawks right now. They are young and, they are hot.

Sure we play in Northern Alaska but..........

We have an extremely bright future.

I would hope that the players and coaches could see this as well.
    shawnsim
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:45 pm
  • Cable is a guy that doesn't pull punches, worked great with Al Davis due to his mentality, also Al called the shots and Cable spoke right to him. In some other place Cables brash demeanor may not go over as well. The other thing is he is from Snohomish, this is home and from all I have seen he is having fun. Most lateral moves we can squash, not that we would do that if he really wanted to go. Doesn't seem like Petes style, I also think with needing to ask permission it give the Seahawks time to evaluate his importance and do what they did to Bevell, offer a raise and extension of his contract.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:47 am
  • if he does take someone with him, id like us to look at Horton the ex DC from Arizona. He is supposedly going to be looking at assistant jobs and it would be nice for him to stick it to arizona after they spruned him to go for arians.
    CFraychineaud
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 am
  • CFraychineaud wrote:if he does take someone with him, id like us to look at Horton the ex DC from Arizona. He is supposedly going to be looking at assistant jobs and it would be nice for him to stick it to arizona after they spruned him to go for arians.

I know its slightly off the topic of the thread, but anyone think they were nuts to let him go? He made their D into a force with some great players, maybe they wanna go a different direction then Horton's with the D. Kinda sucks for him though, one week hes a D-Coordinator interviewing to become a HC, the next week he's unemployed..:?: Kinda hope it bites em in the ass abit though!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:43 am
  • SharkHawk wrote:The one that scares the crap out of me is Cable going to be the OC. That is the one and only coach that I'm genuinely worried about, and here's why.... I think if you're Tom Cable, you see that Gus is a risky hire, that the Jags new owner isn't real patient, and that there is a real possibility of the franchise relocating to LA. Maybe Tom wants to put himself in line for an interim head coaching position, which let's face it... could happen at some point this coming season if the Jags just flounder. Or... he could be the head coach next season. Many first time NFL coaches don't last long. Cable would then be the obvious replacement, and would likely do fairly well as they have some pretty tough players, and he knows how to run a team inside and out, I don't think Gus quite does. Gus would have been much better off in a place that was more established. There isn't really a worse situation in football right now than in Jacksonville, especially in a draft that is so weak at QB. So... let's hope Cable gets the wink-wink-nudge-nudge head coach in waiting contract extension within the next few hours. If he really wants to be a head coach ASAP, then this may honestly be his shortest path. Not that I think Gus is a bad coach. I just think that he is going into a really crummy situation with an owner who is somewhat unrealistic in his expectations.

The Jags aren't going to fire Bradley after 1 season. I just dont' see that happening.
    Sturm
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:17 am

Why not? Los Angeles is supposed to be a great city to live in :) :stirthepot:
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:53 am
  • they cant steal Cable from what I've read. Cant steal aguy with a lateral move, against the rules.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:56 am
  • Todd Walsh. I don't really see anyone for the team. Flynn would be a very, very remote option.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:23 pm
  • Why does everyone seem to think there's some meaningful connection/loyalty between Flynn and the Seahawks? Why would a former coach or front-office guy want to "bring Flynn along?"

Flynn's been on the Seahawks one season and rode the bench.

He has no reason to feel a special connection to the Seahawks organization, and the Seahawks organization obviously isn't all that attached to him either. He's probably more likely to follow a former Packers coach to a new organization, than a Seahawks coach.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:57 pm
  • I could see Todd Wash going to Jacksonville if Bradley wanted to bring him on as Defensive Coordinator. I could also see Robert Saleh going to Jacksonville if Bradley wanted to hire him on as his linebacker coach.

Don't see Richards, Norton Jr., Seto, Carroll or Udeze leaving and obviously don't see Quinn leaving. Carl Smith might be a good offensive coordinator for Gus Bradley to take a look at and he might leave Seattle to be an offensive coordinator.

As for players... He's had long relationships with Mebane, Clemons, Bryant, Hill, Farwell and Trufant here in Seattle.
    firebee
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:09 pm
  • minormillikin wrote:Why does everyone seem to think there's some meaningful connection/loyalty between Flynn and the Seahawks? Why would a former coach or front-office guy want to "bring Flynn along?"

Flynn's been on the Seahawks one season and rode the bench.

He has no reason to feel a special connection to the Seahawks organization, and the Seahawks organization obviously isn't all that attached to him either. He's probably more likely to follow a former Packers coach to a new organization, than a Seahawks coach.

Flynn isn't going anywhere, unless we trade him, and he's a JS guy. He was drafted by Green Bay while JS was there and Flynn was brought into Seattle by JS. JS likes Flynn at QB and I don't see Flynn going anywhere until JS and PC draft another QB that JS and PC are both comfortable with as a backup or possible starter, unless someone is willing to give up the farm for Flynn. Flynn would probably be considered one of the top 5 backup quarterbacks in the league.
    firebee
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:42 am

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:05 am
  • sc85sis wrote:I doubt he'd take Norton. Ken seems very loyal to Pete, and for good reason. http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2004-1 ... rl-dorrell

I just wonder if/when Norton takes that next step in coaching? He may be a lifelong position coach but with the uproar about the lack of qualified minority coaches, if he has the make-up I wonder if he tries moving up the coaching tree? He has value where he is now or if he decides to branch out. Just glad to have him here now.

Must have been a tough pill for the UCLA alumni to swallow seeing him on the USC sidelines. Dorrell missed an opportunity. Probably helped lead to his removal as I am sure many held a grudge for missing the Norton chance.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information