Wes Welker, Danny Amendola, Michael Johnson

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • and Osi Umenyiora.

Gotta think these guys will be huge targets this free agency. Yeah?!
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• I like the idea of Amendola. Gets open all the time and would likely cost plenty less than Welker. He's also 4 1/2 years younger than Welker (he's 27 and will turn 28 in November). Bonus would be a dagger to a division rival.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Count me in for Amendola.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Amendola fits what we need, but it's worth noting that he's incredibly injury prone. He's only had 9 starts in the last two years combined. He's also a career 8.8 yards per catch player, which is very, very low. Amendola might be an upgrade over Baldwin, but not by much. They are similar players.

Lots of good FA options this offseason. Personally, I'd give Tony Gonzalez a call and see if he has one more season in him. Sounds like he might retire, but if not he's still got gas in the tank. He'd be an ideal fit for Seattle's short term TE situation.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I like the idea of michael johnson, hes young and would be an upgrade for red if we expect to get pressure from both sides with just a 4 man rush. Love bryant to death, but his pass rush blows, and his run defense degraded alot for the last half of the season. Would also like to get one of the younger pass rushing DTs.
    CFraychineaud
    NET Bench Warmer

• Sign Wes Welker, give him Baldwin's spot and baldwin can be his backup.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• No, No, and I guess, and no on Osi.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:No, No, and I guess, and no on Osi.

+10

I'm not in favor of over paying for other teams discards. I hope they show major restraints when trying to shop for the talent.
    2013-2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• Draft!Draft!Draft!!!
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• I really hope they don't spend big in free agency. They don't need to. I'd really like to see Kam extended, ASAP. Then, keep rolling that cap forward.

We are eventually going to have to 'pay the piper' for paying Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, KJ Wright, Brandon Browner, and Doug Baldwin relatively nothing. The Seahawks are paying their probable franchise QB and an All Pro CB about 1 mil/yr... combined. (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/yearly/)

The guys listed by the OP are fine players, but for someone else's team. However, I do understand the allure of Amendola considering that it seems like he kills us.
    njh
    NET Bench Warmer

• We don't need a possession receiver like Amendola. We need a game-breaker.

I'd like to see a big, strong, young WR target that defenses have to account for every snap - like AJ Green, Julio Jones, Stevie Johnson.

I'd rather us draft DeAndre Hopkins.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• No, no, dunno, and no.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Last couple years it seems like the Hawks mainly have targeted Offense in free agency and defense in the draft (except for 1 or 2 defensive FA signings like Alan Branch or Jason Jones). I would expect that trend to continue. Seems like that is where they think the value is.

Of course that could just be a coincidence and all change, but that is the trend the last 2 years.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Lots of WRs in this draft - very deep should make the market for Amendola smaller and we could offer less. So kind of funny might make him more attractive.

I know Rice lasted all season but I think that is the second time in his career that he played a whole season. So maybe if we get Amendola we know we will get one full season between him and Rice.....

The others are going to cost to much
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• No, he'll want to much money.
    No, he gets hurt all the time so why waste cap space on him.
    Maybe, I don't know much about him but if he fits our system he fills a big need.
    Maybe, only because he is old and the demand/price could be low.

Personally I say draft. Cap space rolls over so why use it all on free agents who are going to demand big money. They will need all the cap space they can get at the end of the 2014 season.
    ceej22
    NET Rookie

• You stay away from Amendolla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really hope we re-sign him, him and Bradford have great chemistry and would hate to see him go to a division rival. Now if he could only stay healthy.....
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

• I'd give Jared Cook a call. He has excellent athleticism for a TE, and has performed well despite playing in the mess that's been Tennessee's offense lately.

I know Dwayne Bowe isn't really popular at the moment, but I think he could end up coming at a bargain.

You've got to look at Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett as well. They could be pass rush upgrades to Red, and they're both guys that can have success as gap shooting DT's.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• nanomoz wrote:I'd give Jared Cook a call. He has excellent athleticism for a TE, and has performed well despite playing in the mess that's been Tennessee's offense lately.

I know Dwayne Bowe isn't really popular at the moment, but I think he could end up coming at a bargain.

You've got to look at Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett as well. They could be pass rush upgrades to Red, and they're both guys that can have success as gap shooting DT's.

I really like the idea of signing Cook and I'd love to see if we could entice Bennett back to the fold.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Jared Cook, Jermichael Finley, or Fred Davis could be an affordable upgrade over McCoy and provide Wilson a good weapon.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:We don't need a possession receiver like Amendola. We need a game-breaker.

I'd like to see a big, strong, young WR target that defenses have to account for every snap - like AJ Green, Julio Jones, Stevie Johnson.

I'd rather us draft DeAndre Hopkins.

Exactly. Tate and Baldwin are proving to be good slot guys like Amendola is. No need to overpay for redundant positions. If Hopkins isn't available then Patterson from Tenn may be a draft choice to consider.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Wenhawk wrote:Jared Cook, Jermichael Finley, or Fred Davis could be an affordable upgrade over McCoy and provide Wilson a good weapon.

I would love Davis. Still wish we would have grabbed him instead of Carlson. The other two are overrated big time.
    ceej22
    NET Rookie

• There is a reason you build through the Draft, because it's sustainable. Ask the Patriots. Do I think the Patriots are great drafters, no, but they compensate for it with the best offensive mind pairing in the league (Brady/Check, though there is an argument for Brees/Payton).

Anyways, luckily people will pipe in with the complicated world of CAP space, and I'm convinced to keep it as much as possible. I forget the thread but it was compelling, keep the money for all the free agent signings in 2014.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• There just aren't any big name free agents (or potential FA's) that really wow me this year. I just don't see the bang for the buck. We've got plenty of cap room but hopefully we'll be able to use some of it to lock up some of our own players long term rather than throwing down a huge chunk of money for one of this year's free agents.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information