Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: trade up for Warmack, am I crazy?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:09 pm 
NET Veteran

Am I crazy in thinkig this, pair him with Okung, a lot of analysts absolutely eat him up.

Post subject: Re: trade up for Warmack, am I crazy?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:35 pm 
NET Starter

Depends what we have to give up? If told me I had to give up our 1st and 2nd to pick @ 10 to 17, I would consider. Given that everyone in Seattle was love feast over the idea of drafting David Decastro last year, People will like this idea. There is to ways to look at it...

Option 1 pro's:

We would have the best offensive Line in football... Okung Warmack Unger Sweezy/Moffit Giocomini

With our next pick you probably grab your WILL LB

RESIGN BOTH BRANCH AND JASON JONES

AND THE REST OF YOUR DRAFT LOOKS LIKE THIS: DE, TE, DT, CB, WR

Option 2 con's

Didn't dedicated the early rounds to your pass rush issue but you did do something's to help it

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:42 pm 
NET Veteran

Trade up for a guy when we have huge other needs, not my idea of using your resources very well. Carpenter, Moffit, a FA, Sweezy. We have players, most are coming back from injuries and probably will contribute much better this next year as a more cohesive unit with a year of working together under their belt.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:44 pm 
NET Starter

chris98251 wrote:
Trade up for a guy when we have huge other needs, not my idea of using your resources very well. Carpenter, Moffit, a FA, Sweezy. We have players, most are coming back from injuries and probably will contribute much better this next year as a more cohesive unit with a year of working together under their belt.

Agreed, but it cant ever hurt to have enough big fellas...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:46 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

chris98251 wrote:

I agree

I think the team would just have to give too much up when there are other areas in need of help. A trade up in the 1st will do that no matter the situation imo

Many fans across the league are gonna be really into Warmack and don't get me wrong op, he looks monstrous and NFL ready, but I think we're good where we are to look elsewhere.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:51 pm 
NET Veteran

agreed with your input, we do have other needs but our gaurds are pretty weak so it is a position of need, I have also heard this guy is perhaps the best gaurd he's ever evaluated per Mcshay and Breer (including Hutch who holds it right now). I believe the hawks will figure out pass rush in FA, and draft a wide reciever later. But man if you can dominate the LOS and passing game our offense will be incredible for years to come and pete will always hold the D together

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:57 pm 
NET Veteran

Remember Last year DeCastro- Guard from Stanford, was suppose to be the best prospect since Hutch. He got drafted by the Steelers. The only problem is he had very little impact this year due to injury.

So to me it's not worth it trading up big to get one player. Say that player get's injured now you have no impact with that player in the current year, + you have less rookies to groom.

Everyone was praising the Redskins trade to get RG3, but now they are out their next 2- 1st round picks and now he's on the shelf 6 or more months. Taking his injury into account it's looking alot more favorable to the Rams. I'd rather stay @ 25 and get real value for the pick.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:14 am 
NET Veteran

jlwaters1 wrote:
Remember Last year DeCastro- Guard from Stanford, was suppose to be the best prospect since Hutch. He got drafted by the Steelers. The only problem is he had very little impact this year due to injury.

So to me it's not worth it trading up big to get one player. Say that player get's injured now you have no impact with that player in the current year, + you have less rookies to groom.

Everyone was praising the Redskins trade to get RG3, but now they are out their next 2- 1st round picks and now he's on the shelf 6 or more months. Taking his injury into account it's looking alot more favorable to the Rams. I'd rather stay @ 25 and get real value for the pick.

Not very sound logic here. I'm not saying that trading up for Warmack is the best idea, but not drafting the top prospect at a position because last year's top prospect at the same position had injury issues in his rookie season is absolutely ridiculous.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:18 am 
* NET Starfish *

There's no chance we do this. None. It's not even close to a need right now, and Warmack is going in the top 10. Forget it.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:39 am 
* NET Baller *

considering Carpenters our LG, I'm not moving up for a RG, you crazy?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:01 am 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:

The Sweez is our RG of the future anyways.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:35 am 
* NET Baller *

hawksfan515 wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

I hope not, that boy sucks.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:40 am 
* Report Button *

No way. Rang hinted last year the Hawks wont be investing high picks in the OL again, because they believe Cable can turn ANYONE into a legit starter.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:58 am 
NET Veteran

Not to derail from main question to much, but instead of trading up i'd rather just sit tight and hope Jonathon Cooper is available at 25. Would definietly not be against drafting him there as we need to upgrade that Right Guard spot BIG TIME!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:17 am 
* NET Philistine *

Considering how much better we'd be by investing in a WR, DL, or LB, I'm going to say no.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:18 am 
NET Veteran

hawksfan515 wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

:13:

Its funny how little patience people have around here. If the .net fans had their way PC/Bevell would both be fired and we would be rolling with Flynn.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:10 pm 
NET Veteran

Seanhawk wrote:
jlwaters1 wrote:

Not very sound logic here. I'm not saying that trading up for Warmack is the best idea, but not drafting the top prospect at a position because last year's top prospect at the same position had injury issues in his rookie season is absolutely ridiculous.

Um I think his point was not to trade up lots, thereby putting all your eggs in one basket to get one guy, rather then drafting the best prospect available. The two examples he gives are the two biggest trades from last year's draft and he mentions specifically 'So to me its not worth it trading up big to get on player'.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 pm 
NET Veteran

HawksSoc wrote:
Seanhawk wrote:
jlwaters1 wrote:

Um I think his point was not to trade up lots, thereby putting all your eggs in one basket to get one guy, rather then drafting the best prospect available. The two examples he gives are the two biggest trades from last year's draft and he mentions specifically 'So to me its not worth it trading up big to get on player'.

Steelers took DeCastro with their original pick...no trade involved there.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:57 pm 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:
No way. Rang hinted last year the Hawks wont be investing high picks in the OL again, because they believe Cable can turn ANYONE into a legit starter.

He also said we'd be surprised by how close the Notre Dame-Alabama game would be because ND's offensive and defensive lines were both SEC quality.

And he said Jimmy Clausen to Seattle with the #6 pick in his final 2010 mock draft.

And he said Cam Newton wasn't a first round pick.

I shall stop now.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:05 pm 
* Report Button *

theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
pehawk wrote:

He also said we'd be surprised by how close the Notre Dame-Alabama game would be because ND's offensive and defensive lines were both SEC quality.

And he said Jimmy Clausen to Seattle with the #6 pick in his final 2010 mock draft.

And he said Cam Newton wasn't a first round pick.

I shall stop now.

Yeah, but when the Seahawks we're the laughing stock of the NFL by drafting Lofa, he said "Lofa will lead the Seahawks in jersey sales within a few months". I give him credit for that.

I agree with the logic. Cable's had a few picks and proved himself so adept, he's not getting any more high picks. You disagree?

Hutch wasn't a need pick, total BPA. I guess if that repeated, ya have too.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:24 pm 
NET Veteran

Oh sure I agree with Rang on that issue. 100%

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:31 am 
NET Veteran

Am I the only one that noticed that as soon as McQuistan was permanently slotted next to Okung and Unger our offensive production took off? He is not the most talented and he is not the most consistent but he fits perfectly between those two. They each know what the others are doing and breaking up that trio doesn't seem like it is in the teams best interest. I like Carpenter, but he does not seem to have the same rapport with the others. Using so much draft capital to break up a good line combination does not make much sense.

In regards to Sweezy, there were a bunch of very well respected posters here who wanted to cut Max Unger after his rookie season playing RG. He was too weak at the point of attack they said. He was missing assignments they said. Well, now he is a Pro Bowl/All Pro player, and only a few of them have even said they were wrong about him. Sweezy will get it and when he does we will be happy with the result. However, I was never happy with him starting this season.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:21 am 
NET Starter

No on the trade but I do think better play from the guard spot is essential.I feel Gs were one of our weakest positions on the team this year and easiest to upgrade.
I agree with the poster about the Oline when Carp went down.Same thing last year.We didnt miss a beat in fact I think we got better.I am not saying I think Mq or Breno are exceptional Olineman but how we really dont gain much from Carp playing.
As far as Rang and his mistakes. cherry picking peoples mistakes on the past drafts is the easiest thing to do.Dwight Jones name comes to mind.For all the people who thought he was the most talented WR in the draft last year and worth a first round pick, we can get him for nothing.Undrafted, I dont think he even went to a training camp.Or the kid from So.Miss in the 2nd or 3rd.Predicting the draft is a tough tough thing to do and props to all that love the game enough to put in so much work to bring us information. I love reading opinions but I think we can all be more fair with criticism about others mistakes.
I dont know anyone who is even close to being right all the time judging talent and who will make it at the next level,even the brightest minds in pro football screw it up every year.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]