Were we punked by the Atlanta mayor

GoHawks

Reaction score
saw on the news, that Seattle had the Atlanta Falcons flag flying, but our previous bet
with the DC mayor, was to fly the City of Seattle flag

Did our Mayor change the bet? - or -

Did the Atlanta mayor punk us?

They really are dirtly birds !

Respect unearned . . .

Fox0r

Reaction score
GoHawks":1pztmx7n said:
saw on the news, that Seattle had the Atlanta Falcons flag flying, but our previous bet
with the DC mayor, was to fly the City of Seattle flag

Did our Mayor change the bet? - or -

Did the Atlanta mayor punk us?

They really are dirtly birds !

Respect unearned . . .

The Atlanta mayor better starting asking the SF mayor which flag they want flown over SF, because the Falcons are going to get killed.

OP
OP
G

GoHawks

Reaction score
It's a conondrum

2nd Try: Seattle mayor had a bet with the Washington DC mayor, loser flys the other city's flag

On tonight's news, they showed the city of seattle was flying the Atlanta Falcons team flag not the city of Atlanta flag

Did are mayor change the bet or were we duped?

ensett

Reaction score
I dont know how are you connecting the bet with DC with the bet with Atlanta. Seems pretty obviously 2 different things unless I'm missing something

drdiags

Reaction score
BGHawk":37x3b06a said:
which is it?...atlanta or wasington DC..im confused..and whos flag?..whos on first?

D.C flew the City of Seattle flag after they lost to Seahawks.

Mayor McGinn on a roll bet Atlanta but probably changed it to be team flags or something because a picture taken outside City Hall shows a flag of the Atlanta Falcons flying on the flag pole underneath Old Glory.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't know what the choices of the bet was, we flew the team flag and DC flew the city flag, I think the DC Mayor waggled on the bet somewhat considering how they felt we won the game. I know there was a thread asking why the city and not the team or 12th man flag was being flown there.

garydrake425

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3eedt3u9 said:
Mayor McGinn changed the bet with the Falcons to fly the team flags after everyone whined about the bet with D.C. using city flags.

The bet with Atlanta was Falcons/Seahawks flags, fair and square. Like the bet with D.C. should have been.
This

Galen96

Reaction score
It was a different bet... Mayor McGinn got quite of a bit of flak for the "Seattle Flag" So upped the ante with Atlanta to do team flags instead, to further enhance the spirit of the game/wager

CANHawk

Reaction score
Galen96":1kdfe1fx said:
It was a different bet... Mayor McGinn got quite of a bit of flak for the "Seattle Flag" So upped the ante with Atlanta to do team flags instead, to further enhance the spirit of the game/wager

I bet the Seattle mayor bet city flags against the Redskins because he didn't want to risk any political flack that may accompany flying that cigar store indian flag over city hall. Falcons mascott is a bird. No political flack there...

Reason #243 to change the Redskins name; opposing cities won't even make a decent flag bet against you.

Fisherhawk

Reaction score
Good point,CANHawk. I think you nailed the reason.We all know how overly political correct some people in Seattle can be.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Fisherhawk":gq7m7w4q said:
Good point,CANHawk. I think you nailed the reason.We all know how overly political correct some people in Seattle can be.

Lord, you know we're in trouble when CANhawk gets it right about the DC, and now people are agreeing with him.

I'm still going with the Illuminati.