D.C. Since Bradley has bolted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Dan Quinn would be a great choice. What he has done with the Florida defense has been impressive. He is familiar with the system, and expectations - and could be paid a load of money from Allen. But is he frustrated at the fact that he was not chosen originally as DC when brought in by Pete? Quinn seemed to be preferred coach for the position, but then Gus was brought back as DC. He is also a East Coast guy, only spending two short stints on the West Coast - 2 years with SF and one year with Seattle. I think it is the best choice, but I get the feeling it is a long shot

lukerguy

Reaction score
Dan Quinn would be an upgrade to Bradley IMO. Similar style, but his speciality was Dline pressure, and stopping run. Florida was exceptional at both of those categories last year.

GCrow

Reaction score
Ya, i'd be pretty happy with Quinn. He is a D-Line guy and to be frank ours needs quite abit of work

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Largent80":3h1lqwnt said:
Who is your choice for DC if Bradley leaves?

I am undecided.
You guys think Romeo Crennell fit the bill for your D? He is an AMAZING D coordinator! (who has had AWFUL luck as a HC)

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I doubt we go with a guy like Romeo or Lovie. This is Pete's defense and whoever comes in won't be able to do their thing. Guys that have been around and been head coaches don't fit that profile, imo.

GCrow

Reaction score
sc85sis":omcunhoe said:
GCrow":omcunhoe said:
If were keepin on the PC connection, another name i've seen is Joe Berry. Currently Linebackers coach with the Chargers and apparently worked under Carroll at SC albeit briefly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Barry

Also, Marinelli would be awesome.
Barry worked as LB coach under Kiffin after Pete left for Seattle.

Holy heck did I get my years mixed up there. /brews another pot of coffee

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
There is a "strong possibility" Florida DC Dan Quinn will return to Seattle to replace Gus Bradley as DC, though CLEV and PHIL interested.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1a6u0heo said:
There is a "strong possibility" Florida DC Dan Quinn will return to Seattle to replace Gus Bradley as DC, though CLEV and PHIL interested.

PC should have his pick of litter. I can't imagine why any aspiring coach would not frothing at the mouth to coach the Hawks' D. I'm not worried about any other teams being more appealing roster-wise, but obviously compensation is just as important.

drdiags

Reaction score
Another name (didn't read all current 5 pages) is Ray Horton. I saw references that he may not be retained if Arians comes on board. Not sure his style meshes with Pete but folks wouldn't be complaining about soft zones I bet.

Sturm

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2wm0f0kj said:
It doesnt matter. PC runs the defense.

I expect to elevate one of our own.

What does this mean exactly and where's your proof?

pehawk

Reaction score
drdiags":1citnwx3 said:
Another name (didn't read all current 5 pages) is Ray Horton. I saw references that he may not be retained if Arians comes on board. Not sure his style meshes with Pete but folks wouldn't be complaining about soft zones I bet.

This is why Bevell will end up getting the AZ job. Arians already has a DC, forget whom, but he's not going to budge on it.

Although, I wish you're statement was probable. I dont know why, but having a brother with cornrows running a defense just feels right to me. That's either racism or years or narcotics use.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":17nsz8df said:

I really hope this is true. If Quinn is looking to be an NFL head coach at any point, Seattle is a going to be a great place to get his name out there if Seattle has another top 5 defense next year. (Ironically enough given our South Alaska location.)

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Sturm":1ujazx2h said:
JSeahawks":1ujazx2h said:
It doesnt matter. PC runs the defense.

I expect to elevate one of our own.

What does this mean exactly and where's your proof?
Ray Horton brings nasty QB pressure and he's from Seattle. Make it happen

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Dan Quinn seems to be the most logical choice. Would be a real seamless transition.

Sounds more and more like Lovie Smith is sitting 2013 out. He wants a HC job.

drdiags

Reaction score
As others pointed out, Ray comes from the Pittsburgh/Bengals Labeau 3-4 style, so having him mesh with Pete's 4-3 under may not be the best of fits. Sounds like Dan Quinn makes the most sense but the point about him leaving to go to Florida after Bradley got DC from Mora and then with Pete, we will have to see if he wants to come back to the PNW. Not sure he does.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
Quinn is going to go to JAX with Bradley. They are already close and with Quinn at the University of Florida, it's a short move for him too. Quinn was the one who suggested the Red Bryant experiment though so I'm not sure if him coming back would be a good thing.

What about AZ's DC?

pehawk

Reaction score
I know the conventional wisdom is Pete WONT switch to a 3-4, but I'm not so sure. He's done nothing BUT adapt and change his ways since joining the team. From Bates, from flirting w/ J McDaniel, from Bandit, Hass, Tjack, Wilson's zone-read, he's adapted when he's had to. The Hawks defense is actually built for a 3-4, from a personnel perspective.

Pete would do it, if he thought it was best. Hell, he let Gus call the plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.