Bradley goes to the Jags

Scottemojo

Reaction score
We play Jacksonville next year. With Bradley's insider knowledge, what should be an easy game just got a bit tougher.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Best of luck to Gus. Any HC job is a place to start. Hopefully the owner gives him a decent shot and he can at least get their D firing. A lot depends on who he can get for an OC and whether or not they can do anything at the QB spot.

Almost salivating to see who PC brings in. We are a VERY attractive DC position right now. In a great spot to find a really great DC.

Subzero717

Reaction score
HawksSoc":3u0n8va9 said:
On the article on the subject on nfl.com;
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... uars-coach

It states that the Hybrid system we run was Bradley's thing, "Bradley favored", I was under the impression this was Pete's system?

Also go go Jason Babin to be Bradley's new Leo!

This article is wrong on msny becsuse it is Petes defense. I don't know if Gus hsd it as well. I didnt follow North Dakota but Petes run this for years.

nwgamer

Reaction score
The Jags new GM already stated he wasn't bringing in Tebow. Now the Flynn issue is another story.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I hope things go well for him in Jacksonville and I'll be rooting for him to succeed. Bradley has done a good job for us, and I'm not sure why some fans are taking the "you didn't dump us, we dumped you!" approach. He will be making a lot more money with more responsibilities and I'm sure the Hawks genuinely wish him the best.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3oajrej1 said:
We play Jacksonville next year. With Bradley's insider knowledge, what should be an easy game just got a bit tougher.

First thought I had as well...but then I realized we have infinitely more talent than Jacksonville, and that trumps.

Will be interesting to see how they game plan Wilson.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3gdktj1g said:

Nah.

Bradley next year: "Oh shoot, they blitz now."

thebanjodude

Reaction score
AgentDib":29l6v8cw said:
I hope things go well for him in Jacksonville and I'll be rooting for him to succeed. Bradley has done a good job for us, and I'm not sure why some fans are taking the "you didn't dump us, we dumped you!" approach. He will be making a lot more money with more responsibilities and I'm sure the Hawks genuinely wish him the best.
Chicago, Detroit, Miami, and Atlanta

ParisPC07

Reaction score
Another reason for me to root for the Jags in the AFC. They play Seattle this season, so to hell with them for now. They're just so bad I can't root against them in most cases. Like a sad dog in the rain.

drdiags

Reaction score
Best of luck to Gus. He obviously has some juice with those in the know around the NFL. Lurie would have signed him in Philly if you believe the reports. I think this is a better spot for him than Philly. I bet the press and fans aren't going to give him the grief Kelly will get with the Eagles if things start slow.

The amount of time he spent in Tampa, being back in the Southeastern part of the country should not be a big impact on re-locating his family?

Thought for sure Greg Roman was going to get that job. Surprised the Jags went from Del Rio to Murlarkey and one year later back to a defensive-minded HC. Though with the new GM and 1 yr owner, the past leanings of the team doesn't hold them back going forward. Wonder what the Jags fans think about this hiring?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm kinda glad hes gone I feel like we would always be one move short with him at the helm of DC. Wish him the best and am excited for someone new, more blitzing please.

Sturm

Reaction score
I feel we're giving up a good coordinator, but at the same time I think someone else can come in there and do just as good a job, especially if they use our fast LBs to blitz more. Losing Gus Bradley shouldn't hurt this D too much.

Frankly, one of the other things that bothered me about Gus Bradley is that his players never seem to get many fumbles. I'd like to see Lovie Smith come in here and change all that since he was a master of it in Chicago. Sure, he might only be here for a year or two but I'd like that kind of culture to be instilled here and passed on to the next guy who is trained under his wing...like Ken Norton.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Not gonn lie.....I was kinda hopong that Gus would return for continuity sack mainly since since Pete has gotten here we have had a high level of coach turnover and eventually it will hurt us. This is that instance where I think it will hurt more than people think it will.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1fs52m8i said:
Not gonn lie.....I was kinda hopong that Gus would return for continuity sack mainly since since Pete has gotten here we have had a high level of coach turnover and eventually it will hurt us. This is that instance where I think it will hurt more than people think it will.

Yeah, if the D falls off out of the Top 10 next year, a lot of people are going to go into panic mode and say Gus was the only reason we were good (for the record, I think Pete is the main guy and that losing Gus won't hurt too bad, but you know how people will respond if there is a drop-off).

Continuity is better, IMO. Sad to see him go.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I am bummed that he's gone. He is a good coach that the players loved to play for. Yes, this is Pete's D but I really think that those of you that are dismissing this as a good thing are wrong. I trust Pete in finding his successor but I just don't think he is as bad as some make him out to be. I'm happy for him and wish him luck. Pete, go find us a good one...

Almost forgot- I AM sooooo happy that Gus didn't get the Cards gig.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I truly like Gus, think he did a terrific job for us and I wish him well in the swamp. That being said, please go get Dan Quinn to sign up here at your next earliest convenience.

Atradees

Reaction score
The defensive scheme changed entirely when Pete got here. Was the "Bandit" a Jim Mora innovation or Gus Bradley's?

Those game changing halftime adjustments also belong to Pete.

A head coaching gig is great and I wish Gus the best.

I want someone that can blitz or challenge Pete to do things like the Choas LB/DE role that GB Bay uses.
Irvin would be great at that.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Alright, this is fine. Hopefully we will keep Bevell now. That's who I really want to keep because I feel like he had a good rhythm going with the offense at the end of the year.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Am i the only one that finds it funny that all of the credit goes to Pete but all of the Defense's blame goes to Bradley. I don't believe this is all that big of a loss because the system we run is mostly Pete's but to put the blame of our Defensive lapses strictly at the hand of Bradley is wrong imo.

Latest posts