The first time Wilson blows a game for us....

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
Can we please not do the typical .net Whipping Boy Show on this board. Although there were times he played like a rookie, never could you pin an entire loss on his shoulders.

But eventually that day is coming and we should be prepared for it. I think Wilson has built up enough equity that when, inevitably, he does finally have a game in which the loss is clearly on his shoulders, he had earned a few mulligans before we question things like "Sophomore Slump" and "Still too short".

I know it's premature now, but food for thought. I was going through the schedule last year and realized that outside of the 1st STL game (fluky, bounce off fingertips interceptions), he didn't even have a "poor" or "typical rookie" performance this season. But it still doesn't mean he won't next year at some point.

At some point we will watch him have one of those 4 int, 52% completion, 6 sack days in a losing effort and before we go crazy on this board, we will have to remind ourselves that Russell will beat himself up over that performance way more than we ever could.

Babsmack

Reaction score
Ahh. I think he'll be alright barring injuries. Kid has a head on his shoulders.

drdiags

Reaction score
Human nature. Even if he started off as the #1 overall pick, some would attack him (or any QB) if he didn't perform to the standard they want. I bet there are folks that are Patriots fans that rag on Brady once in a while. Just discuss those critiques that are fair and challenge those that are off the wall.

It is going to happen.

mikeak

Reaction score
So since the season is over for the Seahawks does this make RW a 1 year veteran?.......

birdman5

Reaction score
.net, the place where the cult of Wilsonizm was born? Or is it just fostered? At least a few people are keeping it real...

kinesmajor

Reaction score
I already have a whole piece written calling for the benching of Russ and the trade for Tavaris as soon as he throws one bad pass next season...

Sarcasm font

OP
OP
E

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3da06586 said:
Fox0r":3da06586 said:
He wasn't able to bring us back in the 4th QTR in San Francisco.

He threw a pick on the final drive of the first Rams game too.

Still though, did he COST us the game? I'm not talking about a subpar day. I'm thinking more of an unequivocal, no doubt about it, Wilson-threw-a-GW-pick-6 for the other team type of game. Because he still hasn't had one of those and I think it's foolish to expect he won't at some point. Unless he really IS a robot and, in that case, we should REALLY be mad about Sundays loss. :sarcasm_on:

kearly

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that the first fan to drunkenly blame Wilson will be summarily crucified within moments by 20 pages of incredulous comments. I'm not worried.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm sold on him. I've not bitched about his play in months whether in victory or defeat. Yes, he's made a few mistakes. I've seen Manning make more.

strohmin

Reaction score
Knowing Russell Wilson. He probably practices and prepares until he can't fail, so we may never see the day where a loss is his fault.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The legions will argue this (and flame me) but I put the loss to Zona on RW. Those passes to the end zone would have required circus catches. No big deal. It was his first game in the NFL and by year's end, he was frikin Elway-esque (IMO, he better compares to Steve Young but Young-esque just sounds odd).

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Give this kid some protection and he is lethal. Dave Kreig labored under the delusion that he might someday get an o line that would protect him. It never came and it was a huge disservice to him (IMHO). I can only hope that promise is fulfilled here. When your quarterback is running for his life he's bound to make a few mistakes(SF, STL). So far his sheer athleticism has served him well and the good has FAR outweighed the few mistakes he made.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I believe he threw 21 TDs in the red zone and ZERO FREAKIN' INTERCEPTIONS this year, his rookie season. And still you think he's going to blow a game for us?
OK seriously I suppose it's bound to happen. Right?

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Let's just file this thread topic away until 2027 when Wilson starts to decline.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Instant QB controversy.

I'm having a hard time seeing a just awful, ugly, nasty outing from Wilson. Even when he's struggled, it hasn't been just egregious screw up after screw up.