My Seahawks nightmare coming true?

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
I was dreaming of the 'hawks last night -- like every night -- and I suddenly caught myself thinking of the nightmare scenario of Mark Sanchez coming to Seattle as a backup.

Well, today I was on Twitter and found that someone posted that their is a 'rumor' that Sanchez is heading to Seattle to be the backup...

This cannot be true. I want absolutely no part of that heartless, unmotivated, expletive, expletive, coming to Seattle. He would be worse than a disease to the team. He holds no value, and what would be gained by him coming here?

Please tell me this scenario won't happen!

Here's the tweet:
Anthony Nusbaum @Anthony_Nusbaum
@makeitmorain true. Rumor is flynn to az, Sanchez to Seattle as a backup. The ole USC connection

I'm starting to feel sick!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
This isn't going to happen but Sanchez as a back up is far from a nightmare scenario.

OP
OP
bigdaddydave

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":kxd4xxj9 said:
This isn't going to happen but Sanchez as a back up is far from a nightmare scenario.

HA, maybe for you! Personally, I absolutely despise Mark Sanchez. He has no heart for the game. No leadership. Nothing.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bigdaddydave":28u9skqo said:
Zebulon Dak":28u9skqo said:

HA, maybe for you! Personally, I absolutely despise Mark Sanchez. He has no heart for the game. No leadership. Nothing.

If it was as a starter I'd agree. But as a back up? Who cares. He's not even gonna see the field anyway.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Why in the world would we want a vastly overpaid and completely useless quarterback? JS would never even consider such a silly trade.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
From a cap perspective, the Jets simply can't afford to get rid of Sanchez - it would be excessively cost prohibitive.

They are stuck with him for the short term.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about this too much. Sounds like someone just trying to get attention. From a football perspective, there is nothing that makes any sense about this...not to mention sending Flynn to a division rival who only really lacks a competent QB.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":gd5820u2 said:
From a cap perspective, the Jets simply can't afford to get rid of Sanchez - it would be excessively cost prohibitive.

They are stuck with him for the short term.
100% true. I believe it would cost the Jets $17 million against the cap if they traded or released him this year.

I also have a hard time believing that Flynn would be traded to a team in the division. Reporters like this just say anything they flipping want to because there is no recourse for it. Flynn might be a possibility for them, but they don't even have a head coach yet. Why would they look at quarterbacks before they even decide what kind of offense they are going to run?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Why would we sign a QB who can't throw or run?

Where's Vince Young?

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't mind having TJack back as the 2nd QB and trade Flynn elsewhere.

I know most people would say he's dumb and has no football IQ as a QB. But he has the physicality in the zone read offense we implemented for Wilson.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":rqnczspo said:
The only way we give Flynn to AZ is if he sucks.

Truth. Unless there was a way to get Fitz in return and we know that ain't happenin'.

tubbs51

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":lu6ax515 said:
bigdaddydave":lu6ax515 said:
Zebulon Dak":lu6ax515 said:

If it was as a starter I'd agree. But as a back up? Who cares. He's not even gonna see the field anyway.

Careful with your words. We dont want any jinx's happenin' .

I'm not to worried about Sanchez as a back up but that may be because i've become too faithful to Pete and Co turning mediocre or unknown players in to high quality athletes.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
NO WAY we trade Flynn to Arizona unless they offer 2 firsts or some other ridiculous package (Fitzgerald or Dockett + a pick). I'd still have to think hard about answering a division rivals QB question for them.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am half hoping Sanchez gets cut and signs here to play QB now. Just so the OP poops himself a little.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
TheHawkDoc":n0so84xe said:
NO WAY we trade Flynn to Arizona unless they offer 2 firsts or some other ridiculous package (Fitzgerald or Dockett + a pick). I'd still have to think hard about answering a division rivals QB question for them.

I don't think there's even a parallel universe where our FO doesn't give up Flynn for a single 1st rounder, even to a division rival.

They can free themselves of his contract, have an extra 1st rounder to fill glaring holes (hello, D-line), feel altruistic about giving Flynn the chance to start somewhere else, and have plenty of knowledge of his strengths and weaknesses whenever they have to play him.

garydrake425

Reaction score
We would need a backup qb with some mobility that is similar to DangeRuss. TJack wouldn't be a bad option imo. I just know that we won't be getting a sraight up pocket passing backup. Even tho I don't feel Sanchez would be a bad backup Qb in this league.