The first time Wilson blows a game for us....

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Can we please not do the typical .net Whipping Boy Show on this board. Although there were times he played like a rookie, never could you pin an entire loss on his shoulders.

But eventually that day is coming and we should be prepared for it. I think Wilson has built up enough equity that when, inevitably, he does finally have a game in which the loss is clearly on his shoulders, he had earned a few mulligans before we question things like "Sophomore Slump" and "Still too short".

I know it's premature now, but food for thought. I was going through the schedule last year and realized that outside of the 1st STL game (fluky, bounce off fingertips interceptions), he didn't even have a "poor" or "typical rookie" performance this season. But it still doesn't mean he won't next year at some point.

At some point we will watch him have one of those 4 int, 52% completion, 6 sack days in a losing effort and before we go crazy on this board, we will have to remind ourselves that Russell will beat himself up over that performance way more than we ever could.
    entropyrulesall
    NET Rookie

• impossible. if wilson struggles, its bevells fault
    No autographs please
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter

• Is it training camp yet?
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Ahh. I think he'll be alright barring injuries. Kid has a head on his shoulders.
    ^ Niners Fan
    Babsmack
    NET Bench Warmer

• FlyingGreg wrote:Is it training camp yet?

Dude! It's the 16th of January!
    But yea Russ was done with training camp for TWO days now!
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

It's closer than it was yesterday.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Human nature. Even if he started off as the #1 overall pick, some would attack him (or any QB) if he didn't perform to the standard they want. I bet there are folks that are Patriots fans that rag on Brady once in a while. Just discuss those critiques that are fair and challenge those that are off the wall.

It is going to happen.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• He wasn't able to bring us back in the 4th QTR in San Francisco.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Fox0r wrote:He wasn't able to bring us back in the 4th QTR in San Francisco.

He threw a pick on the final drive of the first Rams game too.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• So since the season is over for the Seahawks does this make RW a 1 year veteran?.......
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• .net, the place where the cult of Wilsonizm was born? Or is it just fostered? At least a few people are keeping it real...
    birdman5
    NET Rookie

• I already have a whole piece written calling for the benching of Russ and the trade for Tavaris as soon as he throws one bad pass next season...

Sarcasm font
    kinesmajor
    NET Rookie

• HawkFan72 wrote:
    Fox0r wrote:He wasn't able to bring us back in the 4th QTR in San Francisco.

He threw a pick on the final drive of the first Rams game too.

Still though, did he COST us the game? I'm not talking about a subpar day. I'm thinking more of an unequivocal, no doubt about it, Wilson-threw-a-GW-pick-6 for the other team type of game. Because he still hasn't had one of those and I think it's foolish to expect he won't at some point. Unless he really IS a robot and, in that case, we should REALLY be mad about Sundays loss. :sarcasm_on:
    entropyrulesall
    NET Rookie

• I am pretty sure that the first fan to drunkenly blame Wilson will be summarily crucified within moments by 20 pages of incredulous comments. I'm not worried.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I'm sold on him. I've not bitched about his play in months whether in victory or defeat. Yes, he's made a few mistakes. I've seen Manning make more.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Knowing Russell Wilson. He probably practices and prepares until he can't fail, so we may never see the day where a loss is his fault.
    strohmin
    NET Starter

• The legions will argue this (and flame me) but I put the loss to Zona on RW. Those passes to the end zone would have required circus catches. No big deal. It was his first game in the NFL and by year's end, he was frikin Elway-esque (IMO, he better compares to Steve Young but Young-esque just sounds odd).
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Give this kid some protection and he is lethal. Dave Kreig labored under the delusion that he might someday get an o line that would protect him. It never came and it was a huge disservice to him (IMHO). I can only hope that promise is fulfilled here. When your quarterback is running for his life he's bound to make a few mistakes(SF, STL). So far his sheer athleticism has served him well and the good has FAR outweighed the few mistakes he made.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• I believe he threw 21 TDs in the red zone and ZERO FREAKIN' INTERCEPTIONS this year, his rookie season. And still you think he's going to blow a game for us?
    OK seriously I suppose it's bound to happen. Right?
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Let's just file this thread topic away until 2027 when Wilson starts to decline.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• Instant QB controversy.

I'm having a hard time seeing a just awful, ugly, nasty outing from Wilson. Even when he's struggled, it hasn't been just egregious screw up after screw up.
    Founding Father of the Bevell-Be-Gone Movement

Currently riding SHOTGUN on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Renton Chapter Seahawkers Booster Club
    Section 316 @ CenturyLink Field

Kuendelea Mwewe - Go Hawks
    SilkMonkey
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• If Wilson has a bad day it's only because he was sick and his stunt double screwed up. All kidding aside, Manning has had bad days and nobody prepares better, except maybe Wilson at this stage. Both appear very OC. It's the bounce back factor that makes Manning maintain his elite status. People have short memorys.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• SilkMonkey wrote:Instant QB controversy.

I'm having a hard time seeing a just awful, ugly, nasty outing from Wilson. Even when he's struggled, it hasn't been just egregious screw up after screw up.

+1
    He's so innately efficient that I think any sup-par outings will be rare. After taking six sacks against Stl, his rating was still off tbe charts. That ability alone puts him in exclusive company.

Think about what caused bad outings from our QB's in the past...Who would have fared so well against such withering pressure? Hass could only take so much before making WTF type throws. Wilson is ice no matter what's happening...CHECK! Fumble-happy Dave Kieg? Wilson has hands that look like catcher's mitts..."CHA-CHING!"
    Mobility? Zorn was quite the scambler, but wasn't near as elusive. Arm? The dude has a canon. Among anybody who's started for us successfully for any length of time, he clearly has the strongest arm and best deep ball. Hass was pretty good at reading D's, but I dare say Russell will pass him next season.

I wouldn't be wringing my hands over Russ somehow having a bad day. More often than not, the 'bad day' will be suffered by the opposing D.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Wilson doesn't blow games, games blow him.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• HawksSoc wrote:Wilson doesn't blow games, games blow him.

First out loud laugh of the day. :mrgreen:

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Impossible. Russell Wilson is no Tony Romo. He doesn't choke on big games, let alone regular season games.

Jk.

It is inevitable. No one is perfect. But I don't see RW blowing many games. If you do pin a game on him, it will be a pick, but the pick will most likely be a weird bounce off a receiver or the opponents D-line. Then we'll hear the, "Oh, if Russell Wilson was taller, that pass wouldn't have been tipped by their DT!" There are too many Debby Downers around to just let something go.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

• Do you really see Wilson totally blowing a game. That's really hard to picture. Maybe he has the flu and refused to take himself out, like an RGIII type decision. But I just don't see it.

Besides, for how many times he brought the team back from the brink this season he deserves to lay an egg. But even then, I don't see it happening.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• volsunghawk wrote:
    HawksSoc wrote:Wilson doesn't blow games, games blow him.

First out loud laugh of the day. :mrgreen:

^^^

chawx
    NET Veteran

• entropyrulesall wrote:Can we please not do the typical .net Whipping Boy Show on this board. Although there were times he played like a rookie, never could you pin an entire loss on his shoulders.

But eventually that day is coming and we should be prepared for it. I think Wilson has built up enough equity that when, inevitably, he does finally have a game in which the loss is clearly on his shoulders, he had earned a few mulligans before we question things like "Sophomore Slump" and "Still too short".

I know it's premature now, but food for thought. I was going through the schedule last year and realized that outside of the 1st STL game (fluky, bounce off fingertips interceptions), he didn't even have a "poor" or "typical rookie" performance this season. But it still doesn't mean he won't next year at some point.

At some point we will watch him have one of those 4 int, 52% completion, 6 sack days in a losing effort and before we go crazy on this board, we will have to remind ourselves that Russell will beat himself up over that performance way more than we ever could.

We are talking about Russell Wilson here. Impossible for him to have a bad game. Ever.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

Too bad we couldn't have a counter on this statement to see how many times it will be posted.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

• Greatness makes an off day easier to forgive or dismiss. Look at how long the Dolphins stood behind Marino. Do you hear Pat's fans spewing negativity about Brady when he has a less-than-stellar outing? The Hawks have never had a truly 'great' QB. We've had above-average at best.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information