NFC West rivalry chart

The Radish

Reaction score
That must be wrong cause the ninnir fans have assured me they're undefeated in that time frame.

:roll:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
In one respect, yes... cool. Great, the Hawks have done enough to show some overall divisional dominance. But, looking at these charts can actually be a little depressing as well. I'm usually a half is glass full sort of guy, too. One observation in looking at these charts would be that the Seahawks, Eagles and Chargers are due. This is probably one of those things they look at in consideration for those "most starved for a championship" cities. Philly has the Flyers and Phillies, though. Now that the Seahawks have an elite QB and "off the charts" leader for the foreseeable future with other pieces in place to make it happen, the only thing that is going to truly satisfy is "Super Bowl Championship" (preferably plural). I've followed this team for their nearly 40 years of existence. So, while it's somewhat satisfying to look at this "since 2002 chart"... after nearly 40 years, I could probably be diagnosed with the favorite sports team equivalent of Alkalima - the chronic disease of starvation. These more recent divisional round losses and charts of success over the last 10 years are not enough to act as some remedial medicine to keep the starvation at bay (even though, of course, I'll take being IN the tournament with a shot at it, no doubt.) Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. The older I get... I realize that there's only so many seasons. This is why grown men were crying after the final seconds ticked off the clock at the NFC Championship in that 2005 season. We were finally engaged (only to be left standing at the altar as if it were some cruel joke.)

Having said all that... we all know optimism abounds. Go 2013 Hawks!!! (And thank you, God, for Russell Wilson.) Perhaps we'll get to revel in seeing our beloved team celebrate their first Super Bowl Championship in the city that never sleeps... perhaps the biggest stage in the world for a coming out party for what will be several consecutive championships.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
I'm with you Team Of the Century. I just want one to "break the seal" (then we can get a couple more hopefully).

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":3g1zjzws said:
.....The Rams....good lord.

What do you mean? Averaging 2.2 wins a year (in the division, including playoffs I'm guessing) is amazing.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2xr415ni said:
SouthSoundHawk":2xr415ni said:
.....The Rams....good lord.

What do you mean? Averaging 2.2 wins a year (in the division, including playoffs I'm guessing) is amazing.

If you like mediocrity...sure.

Latest posts