D.C. Since Bradley has bolted

Status
Not open for further replies.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned DeWayne Walker... but he was the hot tip to be DC when Carroll first got the job. In the end Carroll stuck by Gus Bradley.

His record as a coach at New Mexico State is pretty crappy, but he has NFL experience and worked under Greg Williams - so he'll know how to get creative up front and cause pressure. He's close to Carroll.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I"m not sure if his name is mentioned,

but if he can do the job I'm all for him.

Dave Wyman.

themunn

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2m2lsn0o said:
mikeak":2m2lsn0o said:
.........Rob Ryan but probably won't match
Pure 3-4 guy isn't he? If so, you're right for sure.

thought he ran the 46 D which is a 4-3 really?

NYCoug

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":10c724zw said:
Nobody has mentioned DeWayne Walker... but he was the hot tip to be DC when Carroll first got the job. In the end Carroll stuck by Gus Bradley.

His record as a coach at New Mexico State is pretty crappy, but he has NFL experience and worked under Greg Williams - so he'll know how to get creative up front and cause pressure. He's close to Carroll.

CAN has convinced me that Dan Quinn would be the perfect fit for the job, but DeWayne Walker wouldn't surprise me either. I'd prefer Quinn, but Walker would be a fine #2 option. Don't know if Quinn would want to leave his DC job in Gainesville for another DC job in Seattle, although it's an NFL DC job, but Walker might be easier to convince to leave Las Cruces considering the state of the program down there.

CPHawk

Reaction score
My guess is the Pete runs the d, so hiring a big name coach isn't going to happen with Pete in his ear all the time.

edogg23

Reaction score
I would love to see Lovie Smith as the DC. He is all about 4-3 and turnovers which seems to mesh well with Pete.

Atradees

Reaction score
I dont care as long as the guy can spot talent, works well with players to bring out their best, and he has to be better
at playcalling than allowing 3 0R 4 4th quarter comebacks.

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
I wonder if we'll see an internal promotion. Norton won't move up, his background is form a totally different scheme. The best fit without knowing anything about how he's called plays in my opinion though is Rocky Seto

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm sure P & J have already narrowed it down since they knew about interviews last week.

It will be interesting for sure.

Zowert

Reaction score
They will just move someone up within the organization. Pete will run the defense (even more than he already has) until they have a guy they can trust to call plays.

I wonder how this is going to affect Bobby Wagner? DC and Middle Linebacker relationships are important if you want a finely tuned D with good chemistry. Just like the QB and OC relationship.

Zowert

Reaction score
Zowert":6nxnh78x said:
They will just move someone up within the organization. Pete will run the defense (even more than he already has) until they have a guy they can trust to call plays.

I wonder how this is going to affect Bobby Wagner? DC and Middle Linebacker relationships are important if you want a finely tuned D with good chemistry. Just like the QB and OC relationship.

Rocky Seto is my dentist's brother-in-law (he works on Rocky's teeth too). My mom works for my dentist (as an assistant), so she hears a lot about the Seahawks, especially Rocky. I'm going to have her ask and see if she can get any info out of him.

kjreid

Reaction score
Rocky Seto was Pete's DC in 2009 USC, then brought to Seattle for "back 7 passing coordinator". I think he might have a shot as the DC (beside he has a great football name)

GCrow

Reaction score
If were keepin on the PC connection, another name i've seen is Joe Berry. Currently Linebackers coach with the Chargers and apparently worked under Carroll at SC albeit briefly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Barry

Also, Marinelli would be awesome.

aredub

Reaction score
I'd be on board with Marinelli as well, either that or an internal hire makes the most sense.

GCrow

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
There is a "strong possibility" Florida DC Dan Quinn will return to Seattle to replace Gus Bradley as DC, though CLEV and PHIL interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.