Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why I am rooting for the 49ers the rest of the way
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:21 pm 
NET Veteran

Rooting for the 49ers, as if it somehow will benefit the seahawks. Worst Idea Ever.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:23 pm 
NET Veteran

formido wrote:
kearly wrote:
I've noticed that most people here are pulling for the Falcons next week. I'm rooting for the 49ers for a few reasons:

#1: There is a well established trend of Superbowl winners declining the next season. Maybe it's purely psychological, I don't know. But teams tend to let down the next season after they win it. Even the exceptions (2011 Green Bay and 2008 Giants) had quick exits in the postseason.

#2: There is an even more established trend of Superbowl losers declining the next season. An astonishingly high number of Superbowl losers missed the playoffs the next season.

#3: They would have a slightly lower draft pick. You never know, sometimes a couple spots in the draft can a huge difference. I'm still getting over Cameron Jordan / James Carpenter in 2011. SF picked 30th last year and had a terrible draft.

#4: It ratchets up the SF-SEA rivalry to a new high next season.

#5: SF is representing our division. One way to get respect is if people respect the NFC West more.

Sure, Harbaugh is a douche, but I don't really care who wins. I just want whatever situation benefits the Seahawks the most, and I think that SF winning does that. Anything, no matter how small, that helps Seattle's division chances next year is worth rooting for, I think.

Anyway, I'm sure 90% of you will disagree, but those are my :twocents:

Great topic and 100% agreed. Rivalries are one of the fun things about sports. Rivalries are better when both teams are as good as possible. Beating a Niners team that's on top of the world is practically the most satisfying thing ever.

Just like anything in life, you have to endure some hardship and pain to get the best rewards. In the short term, it sucks to hear the Niner fans gloat. But the payoff, like 24 days ago on Sunday night, is so worth it. I want Seattle to be the only team that can beat SF and the team that does it consistently. Let's be their roadblock.

I'd like us to win ours first while they are still looking to win one since 1995.

5 to 1 sounds better than six to 1, coupled with the fact that they will have won ANOTHER while we haven't won our FIRST.[/quote]

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:26 pm 
NET Veteran

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:31 pm 
NET Starter

Only the last thing you've done counts. Even today, 42-13 wins a lot of arguments and

Wilson: 1
Kaep: 0

...head-to-head wins a lot of arguments. No matter what happens this year, when SF loses its first game to us next year, you're gonna be able to cut the angst in the Bay Area with a knife.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:37 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm with the 99% here... I can't root for the 49ers no matter WHAT!

I'm in the boat where if the team you lose to wins it all, then you lost to the best and you have nothing to be ashamed of.

So, go Falcons!

Honestly, the way I would love to see it play out, is to have the Falcons beat the 49ers based solely on terrible call after terrible call from the refs. I want people to be talking about that game as the second worst officiated game behind *XL. I would love to see all the 49ers fans pissed about the refs only because they gave us (and still give us) so much grief about our "whining" about the officials in *XL.

I just want them to feel that complete and utter helplessness of watching your team get hosed over and over and have the game have nothing to do with how good your team is or how well they're playing... That is the HELL I want them to feel.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:40 pm 
NET Veteran

6 GOLDEN RINGS! Oh god please no. 49er fans (minus that Box guy) make my seasons long enough as they are. Another Lombardi for them to gloat about might cause me to have a mild heart attack.

At the end of the year, I want to be able to say that we lost to the Super Bowl Champions. Not the runner up. Only they were capable of ending our season.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:40 pm 
NET Starter

formido wrote:
Only the last thing you've done counts. Even today, 42-13 wins a lot of arguments and

...head-to-head wins a lot of arguments. No matter what happens this year, when SF loses its first game to us next year, you're gonna be able to cut the angst in the Bay Area with a knife.

LOL, regular season is only for playoff seeding, if it makes you feel better that Carrol finally beat Harbaugh then more power to ya...Playoff wins are all that matters and winning the SB is the only goal.
see ya next season!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:46 pm 
NET Veteran

chawx wrote:
I'm with the 99% here... I can't root for the 49ers no matter WHAT!

I'm in the boat where if the team you lose to wins it all, then you lost to the best and you have nothing to be ashamed of.

So, go Falcons!

Honestly, the way I would love to see it play out, is to have the Falcons beat the 49ers based solely on terrible call after terrible call from the refs. I want people to be talking about that game as the second worst officiated game behind *XL. I would love to see all the 49ers fans pissed about the refs only because they gave us (and still give us) so much grief about our "whining" about the officials in *XL.

I just want them to feel that complete and utter helplessness of watching your team get hosed over and over and have the game have nothing to do with how good your team is or how well they're playing... That is the HELL I want them to feel.

Great post and point and I am 100% with you.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:47 pm 
NET Veteran

Ninerguy wrote:

LOL, regular season is only for playoff seeding, if it makes you feel better that Carrol finally beat Harbaugh then more power to ya...Playoff wins are all that matters and winning the SB is the only goal.
see ya next season!

Kearly, you wanna see more of this $#!@ all offseason? No thank you.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:56 pm 
NET Veteran

Mistashoesta wrote:
Ninerguy wrote:

see ya next season!

Kearly, you wanna see more of this $#!@ all offseason? No thank you.

:13: except multiply it by 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:57 pm 
NET Veteran

Reasons to NOT root for the 9ers :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

#1 Seeing images of Kaepernick kiss his own biceps
#2 Hearing "who's got it better than us?"
#3 9ers fan: "We won 5 SBs before I was even born...Therefore we are better than you!"
#4 9ers fan: "Quest for 6 rings"
#5 Harbarf makes me want to vomit

Blowing them out was the best game of the season. They are lucky they are not facing us in the NFC championship.

Bleeding blue and green, I don't know anyone can root for such a hated rival.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:58 pm 
NET Starter

Ninerguy wrote:
formido wrote:

see ya next season!

Your need to respond and nervous laughter tells me just how worried you are. :) Russell Wilson is better than Colin Kaepernick and that means your window is this season.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:02 pm 
NET Veteran

Sarlacc83 wrote:
I want anything that hastens the eventual Harbaugh explosion and having Kaepernick mess up in the NFC Championship game would make for a rather delightful post conference, don't you think?

even if they did melt down the Falcons still aren't that good of a team, my honest opinion Seahawks and Niners are the 2 best teams out there right now.

the Falcons on the other hand would get whooped on a regular basis by both those teams, same for the other 30 teams in the NFL, taken to the woodshed like a red headed step child caught skipping school...

what the niners did to Green Bay should have been a big eye opener, not only are they ready, they're able..

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:05 pm 
NET Veteran

I tried to tell everyone how important the first Niner game was but few listened, even though it prolly didn't matter, home field and a week off may have been the perfect recipe? and maybe the extra rest may have had some brains functioning better?

home field?

let this off season be the focus of beating every single team in the division, TWICE

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:11 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

BTW, hate to be a fuddy duddy, but this seems more like an NFL Forum Post. Though it tries to tie back to Seahawks interest if really is just a 9ers fan magnet and I see no reason to have to read 9ers posts in the main forum. The OP knows this but he tends not to like posting in the outlands because he likes for all to review his take. All I ask is that we be fair to those of us that really could do without the 9ers beehive this was intended to stir.

EDIT: And for the record. No way in hell do I want the 9ers to win the Superbowl or this coming weekend. I don't want to catch them while they were sleeping off a victory party. Catch them hungry. If you believe Pete's mantra of competition, you would want the team beating its opponents at their best.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Last edited by drdiags on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:12 pm 
*Net Enemy Forum Guy*

:tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Think the 9er fans are bad now? :pukeface:

:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:36 pm 
NET Starter

I have a feeling the SB this year will pit the two Harbaugh brothers against one another.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:53 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

I am pulling for the Niners.. Sort of. Of one team has to win, I figure it might as well be them.

Yeah, most of their fans are atrocious, but they are like the perpetual rival that makes you better. I like the players on their team and while Harbaugh is a Dyna-Douche, if Carroll wasn't the coach here, I wouldn't mind him at all at the reigns.

It is like I want the league to take notice of what we have going on out here. The NFCW has been the laughing stock for years.. Even after the NFCC choke by SF last year. The way I see it, if you can compete in this division, you can compete anywhere. I expected the Niners to be right where they are, but I did not expect the Hawks to do so well in RW's first season.

There are many teams with a "window", the Hawks is just opening and the way things are built, it won't be closing for a long time, I just don't get the feeling that last week was our last chance, but more like a coming out party.

It is going to be fun this offseason, that is for sure.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:57 pm 
NET Rookie

I could never root for the whiners, because of their douchbag coach and douchbag fans.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:59 pm 
NET Veteran

Not in my lifetime will I ever root, pull for or otherwise support any 49ers team to win in the playoffs. Now if by them beating a team in the regular season at some point benefits the Seahawks, then I'll simply hope the other team loses....

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:11 pm 
NET Rookie

I posted this in a thread on Sunday in response to a fellow poster saying "I don't get why people are rooting for the 49ers to lose". It pretty much summarizes how I feel and is obviously pertinent to the topic at hand.

"Because their coach is a MONSTER douche, their players (specifically Crabtree, Anthony Davis, Dashon Goldson, Vernon Davis, plus a few others) are also douches, and their fan base consists primarily of smug, jerkoff bandwagoners who love to talk about the Super Bowl's they won 25 years ago. They're our biggest rival and I hate them. The next best thing to Seattle winning is San Francisco losing. It'll feel good to beat them next year regardless, I don't need them to win a Super Bowl to feel better about it. I'm rooting hard for Atlanta next week and if SF happens to win I'll be rooting for whoever comes out of the AFC. I don't have NFC West "Pride" I have Seattle Seahawks pride. If SF, STL, and AZ lost every game outside the division for the remainder of time I'd be ecstatic."

So, yeah. **** THE 49ERS AND **** THEIR FANS.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:18 pm 
NET Rookie

I just don't understand how the 49ers winning the Super Bowl makes the rivalry better or makes the Seahawks better? I don't need the 49ers winning a SB to feel good about kicking their ass. Unreal.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:25 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Screw the 49ers. I'd have a hard time rooting for them if they were in a position that if they won, Seattle would make the playoffs or something. I don't think hoping they have some kind of SB hangover is a good enough reason to hope they go. No one is thinking the NFCW is soft anymore, even with the mess that is the Cardinals. Other than the Steelers, I can't think of a single team (maybe Dallas) that I would like to see win than the 49ers. i want both Harbaughs to go home crying Sunday like they did last year. Hopefully Sunday will be a bad day to be a dog at a Harbaugh's house (and hopefully if they do kick Rover, they'll get arrested for it!)!

Plus, if we're going to lose, I'd rather it be to the team that wins it all so at least we lost to the best.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:26 pm 
NET Starter

I live in 49er territory (when they have a winning team), and I have to deal with these douche bag fans. At least the folks I dealt with today expressed relief that their beloved whiners would not have to play the Hawks this week (and suffer further humiliation). I agree with Kearly that there are benefits if SF beats Atlanta, but these fair weather fans will be completely insufferable if their team goes to the SB. I may just lose it on somebody.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:29 pm 
NET Rookie

Root for the Niners so their fans can become more arrogant than ever?

No way...

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:33 pm 
NET Veteran

I'd rather crash my car head first into a tree than ever get behind this.

:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

Go Hawks.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:36 pm 
NET Veteran

I will never understand the constant need for validation from the media, especially when the desire is so great that it is the impetus for rooting for our biggest rival. Its utterly insane.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:43 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Geez, I never knew that all this time, Kearly wasn't actually a Seahawks fan. ;)

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 pm 
NET Veteran

So, let me get this straight... would this is what Kearly is suggesting would be the next phase of training for Seahawks fans already stinging from this latest divisional round loss when we were mere seconds away from possibly doing the same to our arch rival? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VP9M4iR8TQ

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:35 pm 
NET Veteran

I tend to root for our division as long as they are not playing the seahawks, just like in college I always root Pac 12 but if you are playing UW then I'm rooting UW.

There is some logic to it.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm 
NET Veteran

The only way I could ever root for SF is if it somehow helped Seattle. But over a couple spots down on the draft board. No way. I will be rooting for Atlanta the rest of the way.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:59 pm 
NET Veteran

godawg wrote:
Ibut these fair weather fans will be completely insufferable if their team goes to the SB. I may just lose it on somebody.

only till the Hawks school em next season game one... ;)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:28 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

kearly wrote:
I've noticed that most people here are pulling for the Falcons next week. I'm rooting for the 49ers for a few reasons:

#1: There is a well established trend of Superbowl winners declining the next season. Maybe it's purely psychological, I don't know. But teams tend to let down the next season after they win it. Even the exceptions (2011 Green Bay and 2008 Giants) had quick exits in the postseason.

#2: There is an even more established trend of Superbowl losers declining the next season. An astonishingly high number of Superbowl losers missed the playoffs the next season.

#3: They would have a slightly lower draft pick. You never know, sometimes a couple spots in the draft can a huge difference. I'm still getting over Cameron Jordan / James Carpenter in 2011. SF picked 30th last year and had a terrible draft.

#4: It ratchets up the SF-SEA rivalry to a new high next season.

#5: SF is representing our division. One way to get respect is if people respect the NFC West more.

Sure, Harbaugh is a douche, but I don't really care who wins. I just want whatever situation benefits the Seahawks the most, and I think that SF winning does that. Anything, no matter how small, that helps Seattle's division chances next year is worth rooting for, I think.

Anyway, I'm sure 90% of you will disagree, but those are my :twocents:

I'm pretty much with you.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:22 am 
NET Rookie

Nope. Can't do it. Nope.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:58 am 
NET Starter

Rooting for the Niners hmmm ?

I'll pass.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 am 
NET Pro Bowler

No way. No how. CANNOT do it. Period.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:18 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

HaHaHa. Well. That makes it a clean sweep of the division, kearly.

In 2009, you threatened to leave the Seahawks behind and support the Arizona Cardinals because you were pissed off about the Aaron Curry selection.

In week 17 of 2010 you openly supported the Rams to beat the Seahawks for the division and draft position.

And, here in 2013 you are rooting to see a San Francisco Super Bowl Chamqpionship.

Man. You get around.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:26 am 
NET Veteran

I'm rooting for the 49ers through to the two minute warning, where Atlanta score to take it to 39-38 49ers. Then on the kickoff niners fumble and Atlanta run the ball 3 times for a first down, then take three knees, a timeout with 3 seconds to go then score a FG to win it

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 am 
NET Veteran

I'm rooting for the Falcons to win 100 to -2. I don't know how the Niners score negative 2, but I want it.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:45 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

bestfightstory wrote:
HaHaHa. Well. That makes it a clean sweep of the division, kearly.

In 2009, you threatened to leave the Seahawks behind and support the Arizona Cardinals because you were pissed off about the Aaron Curry selection.

In week 17 of 2010 you openly supported the Rams to beat the Seahawks for the division and draft position.

And, here in 2013 you are rooting to see a San Francisco Super Bowl Chamqpionship.

Man. You get around.

Kearly has a sexually adventurous fandom, so to speak. A bit of a slut.

Raise your hand if you like sluts/ :les:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:07 am 
* Gangnameister *

A little too smart for your own good on this one Kearly i think...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:27 am 
* NET Baller *

no, NO, NO WAY!

That's like rooting for Al-Qaeda!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:51 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

I have maximum respect for kearly, love his posts. This thread does not change any of that.

I comprehend your points, kearly, but respectfully disagree this time.

My hatred for the Niners borders on the irrational at times, but man....not even to help us can I pull for them to win this weekend.

I want Atlanta to completely embarrass them and Harbaugh's head to finally explode, 'Scanners' style.

I want Niner Nation in tears over being on the brink and losing again.

I do NOT want Harbaugh hoisting the Lombardi and Niner fans harping on SIX golden rings in their trollfests for the next hundred years.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:53 am 
NET Rookie

I was Harbaugh back in the asylum where he belongs.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:00 am 
NET Starter

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:03 am 
NET Rookie

I tried and tried to come up with some reasons to cheer for the 49ers. Best I could do was to hope for a Baltimore/49er Superbowl where the Harbaugh brothers b*tchslap each other as part of the post game festivities. I think I will just stay drunk until Groundhog day and try not to think about football at all.
:49ersmall:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:04 am 
NET Rookie

OP disgusts me.

#1. SF isn't past teams so this is irrelevant
#2. See last comment
#3. Likely doesn't matter
#4. Yes let's give the 49er fans more fuel with a Super Bowl ring
#5. We got respect this year along with the division. More respect for the Hawks will be earned by winning on the road not by the 49ers winning a Super Bowl.

:49ersmall:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:05 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

The funny thing would be that all this happens and the Rams win the division because of it. Pure genius.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 pm 
NET Veteran

I would rather pull for seeing some butt ugly fat dude get a bikini waxing, than to cheer for the Whiners fans.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:26 pm 
NET Rookie

scutterhawk wrote:
I would rather pull for seeing some butt ugly fat dude get a bikini waxing, than to cheer for the Whiners fans.

I'd rather be that butt ugly fat dude getting a bikini waxing than cheer fro the Whiners fans.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]