Why I am rooting for the 49ers the rest of the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
The only way I could ever root for SF is if it somehow helped Seattle. But over a couple spots down on the draft board. No way. I will be rooting for Atlanta the rest of the way.

Twisted

Reaction score
godawg":2piedd8m said:
Ibut these fair weather fans will be completely insufferable if their team goes to the SB. I may just lose it on somebody.

only till the Hawks school em next season game one... ;)

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
kearly":1cbikh79 said:
I've noticed that most people here are pulling for the Falcons next week. I'm rooting for the 49ers for a few reasons:

#1: There is a well established trend of Superbowl winners declining the next season. Maybe it's purely psychological, I don't know. But teams tend to let down the next season after they win it. Even the exceptions (2011 Green Bay and 2008 Giants) had quick exits in the postseason.

#2: There is an even more established trend of Superbowl losers declining the next season. An astonishingly high number of Superbowl losers missed the playoffs the next season.

#3: They would have a slightly lower draft pick. You never know, sometimes a couple spots in the draft can a huge difference. I'm still getting over Cameron Jordan / James Carpenter in 2011. SF picked 30th last year and had a terrible draft.

#4: It ratchets up the SF-SEA rivalry to a new high next season.

#5: SF is representing our division. One way to get respect is if people respect the NFC West more.

Sure, Harbaugh is a douche, but I don't really care who wins. I just want whatever situation benefits the Seahawks the most, and I think that SF winning does that. Anything, no matter how small, that helps Seattle's division chances next year is worth rooting for, I think.

Anyway, I'm sure 90% of you will disagree, but those are my :twocents:

I'm pretty much with you.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HaHaHa. Well. That makes it a clean sweep of the division, kearly.

In 2009, you threatened to leave the Seahawks behind and support the Arizona Cardinals because you were pissed off about the Aaron Curry selection.

In week 17 of 2010 you openly supported the Rams to beat the Seahawks for the division and draft position.

And, here in 2013 you are rooting to see a San Francisco Super Bowl Chamqpionship.

Man. You get around.

themunn

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the 49ers through to the two minute warning, where Atlanta score to take it to 39-38 49ers. Then on the kickoff niners fumble and Atlanta run the ball 3 times for a first down, then take three knees, a timeout with 3 seconds to go then score a FG to win it

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Falcons to win 100 to -2. I don't know how the Niners score negative 2, but I want it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
bestfightstory":9y9oytwm said:
HaHaHa. Well. That makes it a clean sweep of the division, kearly.

In 2009, you threatened to leave the Seahawks behind and support the Arizona Cardinals because you were pissed off about the Aaron Curry selection.

In week 17 of 2010 you openly supported the Rams to beat the Seahawks for the division and draft position.

And, here in 2013 you are rooting to see a San Francisco Super Bowl Chamqpionship.

Man. You get around.
Kearly has a sexually adventurous fandom, so to speak. A bit of a slut.

Raise your hand if you like sluts/ :les:

Reaction score
I have maximum respect for kearly, love his posts. This thread does not change any of that.

I comprehend your points, kearly, but respectfully disagree this time.

My hatred for the Niners borders on the irrational at times, but man....not even to help us can I pull for them to win this weekend.

I want Atlanta to completely embarrass them and Harbaugh's head to finally explode, 'Scanners' style.

I want Niner Nation in tears over being on the brink and losing again.

I do NOT want Harbaugh hoisting the Lombardi and Niner fans harping on SIX golden rings in their trollfests for the next hundred years.

canfan

Reaction score
I tried and tried to come up with some reasons to cheer for the 49ers. Best I could do was to hope for a Baltimore/49er Superbowl where the Harbaugh brothers b*tchslap each other as part of the post game festivities. I think I will just stay drunk until Groundhog day and try not to think about football at all.
:49ersmall:

ceej22

Reaction score
OP disgusts me.

#1. SF isn't past teams so this is irrelevant
#2. See last comment
#3. Likely doesn't matter
#4. Yes let's give the 49er fans more fuel with a Super Bowl ring
#5. We got respect this year along with the division. More respect for the Hawks will be earned by winning on the road not by the 49ers winning a Super Bowl.

:49ersmall:

drdiags

Reaction score
The funny thing would be that all this happens and the Rams win the division because of it. Pure genius.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I would rather pull for seeing some butt ugly fat dude get a bikini waxing, than to cheer for the Whiners fans.

ceej22

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1f5t9vq2 said:
I would rather pull for seeing some butt ugly fat dude get a bikini waxing, than to cheer for the Whiners fans.

I'd rather be that butt ugly fat dude getting a bikini waxing than cheer fro the Whiners fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.