Anyone else REALLY like the Chargers hire?

pehawk

Reaction score
I cant help not like a guy who carved out a run game with MacGahee, an offense for Tebow, then settled in with a Manning. I REALLY like McCoy. But, hey I REALLY liked Dennis Allen too.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Dennis Allen has potential, but why he signed on to pilot that leaky tub I have no idea.

MCCoy sounds pretty good. I don't know enough about him to say too much, but I suspect Manning was as much the OC in denver.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":tuza8pz6 said:
MCCoy sounds pretty good. I don't know enough about him to say too much, but I suspect Manning was as much the OC in denver.

Agreed. What I like is the fact he designed three vastly different offenses in two seasons. One version exclusively featured a 30+ RB and HB playing. If he's smart he's cherry-picked the abundance of great NFL knowledge leaking from Fox (and left out the bad)

From a talent perspective its a great job.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The cast in San Diego concerns me. Running back, receiver, and quarterback. Rivers has always been an up the middle thrower, and they let their up the middle toughness get way. I think he has lost some arm too. Lots of backfoot stuff. The years in San Diego have not been kind to his legs.

Rebuilding while keeping the old QB is fraught with challenge.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Hmm, great points. Still more to work with than Tebow. And, what I really like is their defense. Something tells me McCoy can create offense, regardless.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think it's a pretty good hire in that McCoy is already familiar with the AFC West and intimately familiar with the Broncos.

However, as Scotte mentioned, they are going to need an influx of fresh talent, so the GM hire of Telesco is going to be just as important.

Latest posts