Why I am rooting for the 49ers the rest of the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Reasons to NOT root for the 9ers :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

#1 Seeing images of Kaepernick kiss his own biceps
#2 Hearing "who's got it better than us?"
#3 9ers fan: "We won 5 SBs before I was even born...Therefore we are better than you!"
#4 9ers fan: "Quest for 6 rings"
#5 Harbarf makes me want to vomit

Blowing them out was the best game of the season. They are lucky they are not facing us in the NFC championship.

Bleeding blue and green, I don't know anyone can root for such a hated rival.

formido

Reaction score
Ninerguy":14aqm171 said:
formido":14aqm171 said:
Only the last thing you've done counts. Even today, 42-13 wins a lot of arguments and

Wilson: 1
Kaep: 0

...head-to-head wins a lot of arguments. No matter what happens this year, when SF loses its first game to us next year, you're gonna be able to cut the angst in the Bay Area with a knife.

LOL, regular season is only for playoff seeding, if it makes you feel better that Carrol finally beat Harbaugh then more power to ya...Playoff wins are all that matters and winning the SB is the only goal.
see ya next season!

Your need to respond and nervous laughter tells me just how worried you are. :) Russell Wilson is better than Colin Kaepernick and that means your window is this season.

Twisted

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":26ijudfr said:
I want anything that hastens the eventual Harbaugh explosion and having Kaepernick mess up in the NFC Championship game would make for a rather delightful post conference, don't you think?

even if they did melt down the Falcons still aren't that good of a team, my honest opinion Seahawks and Niners are the 2 best teams out there right now.

the Falcons on the other hand would get whooped on a regular basis by both those teams, same for the other 30 teams in the NFL, taken to the woodshed like a red headed step child caught skipping school...

what the niners did to Green Bay should have been a big eye opener, not only are they ready, they're able..

Twisted

Reaction score
I tried to tell everyone how important the first Niner game was but few listened, even though it prolly didn't matter, home field and a week off may have been the perfect recipe? and maybe the extra rest may have had some brains functioning better?

home field?

let this off season be the focus of beating every single team in the division, TWICE

drdiags

Reaction score
BTW, hate to be a fuddy duddy, but this seems more like an NFL Forum Post. Though it tries to tie back to Seahawks interest if really is just a 9ers fan magnet and I see no reason to have to read 9ers posts in the main forum. The OP knows this but he tends not to like posting in the outlands because he likes for all to review his take. All I ask is that we be fair to those of us that really could do without the 9ers beehive this was intended to stir.

EDIT: And for the record. No way in hell do I want the 9ers to win the Superbowl or this coming weekend. I don't want to catch them while they were sleeping off a victory party. Catch them hungry. If you believe Pete's mantra of competition, you would want the team beating its opponents at their best.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
:tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Think the 9er fans are bad now? :pukeface:

:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

Mjolnir

Reaction score
I have a feeling the SB this year will pit the two Harbaugh brothers against one another.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I am pulling for the Niners.. Sort of. Of one team has to win, I figure it might as well be them.

Yeah, most of their fans are atrocious, but they are like the perpetual rival that makes you better. I like the players on their team and while Harbaugh is a Dyna-Douche, if Carroll wasn't the coach here, I wouldn't mind him at all at the reigns.

It is like I want the league to take notice of what we have going on out here. The NFCW has been the laughing stock for years.. Even after the NFCC choke by SF last year. The way I see it, if you can compete in this division, you can compete anywhere. I expected the Niners to be right where they are, but I did not expect the Hawks to do so well in RW's first season.

There are many teams with a "window", the Hawks is just opening and the way things are built, it won't be closing for a long time, I just don't get the feeling that last week was our last chance, but more like a coming out party.

It is going to be fun this offseason, that is for sure.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Not in my lifetime will I ever root, pull for or otherwise support any 49ers team to win in the playoffs. Now if by them beating a team in the regular season at some point benefits the Seahawks, then I'll simply hope the other team loses....

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
I posted this in a thread on Sunday in response to a fellow poster saying "I don't get why people are rooting for the 49ers to lose". It pretty much summarizes how I feel and is obviously pertinent to the topic at hand.

"Because their coach is a MONSTER douche, their players (specifically Crabtree, Anthony Davis, Dashon Goldson, Vernon Davis, plus a few others) are also douches, and their fan base consists primarily of smug, jerkoff bandwagoners who love to talk about the Super Bowl's they won 25 years ago. They're our biggest rival and I hate them. The next best thing to Seattle winning is San Francisco losing. It'll feel good to beat them next year regardless, I don't need them to win a Super Bowl to feel better about it. I'm rooting hard for Atlanta next week and if SF happens to win I'll be rooting for whoever comes out of the AFC. I don't have NFC West "Pride" I have Seattle Seahawks pride. If SF, STL, and AZ lost every game outside the division for the remainder of time I'd be ecstatic."

So, yeah. **** THE 49ERS AND **** THEIR FANS.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
I just don't understand how the 49ers winning the Super Bowl makes the rivalry better or makes the Seahawks better? I don't need the 49ers winning a SB to feel good about kicking their ass. Unreal.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Screw the 49ers. I'd have a hard time rooting for them if they were in a position that if they won, Seattle would make the playoffs or something. I don't think hoping they have some kind of SB hangover is a good enough reason to hope they go. No one is thinking the NFCW is soft anymore, even with the mess that is the Cardinals. Other than the Steelers, I can't think of a single team (maybe Dallas) that I would like to see win than the 49ers. i want both Harbaughs to go home crying Sunday like they did last year. Hopefully Sunday will be a bad day to be a dog at a Harbaugh's house (and hopefully if they do kick Rover, they'll get arrested for it!)!

Plus, if we're going to lose, I'd rather it be to the team that wins it all so at least we lost to the best.

godawg

Reaction score
I live in 49er territory (when they have a winning team), and I have to deal with these douche bag fans. At least the folks I dealt with today expressed relief that their beloved whiners would not have to play the Hawks this week (and suffer further humiliation). I agree with Kearly that there are benefits if SF beats Atlanta, but these fair weather fans will be completely insufferable if their team goes to the SB. I may just lose it on somebody.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I'd rather crash my car head first into a tree than ever get behind this.

:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I will never understand the constant need for validation from the media, especially when the desire is so great that it is the impetus for rooting for our biggest rival. Its utterly insane.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I tend to root for our division as long as they are not playing the seahawks, just like in college I always root Pac 12 but if you are playing UW then I'm rooting UW.

There is some logic to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.