Why I am rooting for the 49ers the rest of the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

MexHawk

Reaction score
Hey Kearly, I suppose you don't have a 49 fan brother in law, huh?... I do... :49ersmall: :177692: :pukeface:

The Radish

Reaction score
Well Kip you lost me completely.

If you think they won't make our lives here even more miserable then you've also lost your mind.

I hope this doesn't mean you'll be posting "random thoughts about the ninnirs game" on this forum. Seems you prefer to post in the NFL Forum from now on.

:141847_bnono:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Keyhawk":e26y9atg said:
I want Atlanta to lose cause they knocked us out.

Ouch. If the Niners lose the Super Bowl but beat Atlanta, we will have them here all off season gloating and rubbing our nose in it. If they were to go onto to win the Super Bowl in addition to beating Atlanta, they will use that all off season long as evidence they are the better team and our victory over them was a fluke. I think I might randomly start shooting Niner fans just to calm my nerves. Actually I might do that anyway.

I hope Atlanta beats the Digits and leaves no doubt about it. Further I hope they go on to win the Super Bowl so at minimum we can say we only lost to the best team and nearly took them out in their house. Unfortunately I believe the Falcons spent all their energy getting by us and even if they have something left in the tank, we provided a very good blue print that second half of how to beat them. Hopefully the Niners suffer at least a little of that jet lag we did but unfortunately they won't have to play a 10:00am game. So it is unlikely.

Ultimately the worst case scenario would be for the Niners to win it all. We need to catch up to them and win five of our own. we don't need them making that goal even harder and I honestly believe we are the better team right now and will be even better next year while they are declining.

Justin Smith will be 34 year old at the beginning of next season. They play him 97% of all defensive snaps. He won't last much longer and even the odds of him remaining injury free next year are reduced with as much as Hairball plays him. As J Smith goes so does that Niner defense. So unless they get lucky and find a comparable replacement real soon and I doubt they will, they have already peaked and their decline will come anyway.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Get your points Kearly, and some actually make sense, but if we are going to climb the mountain, we have to climb the mountain, not hope that others fall off.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1bogssgd said:
Keyhawk":1bogssgd said:
I want Atlanta to lose cause they knocked us out.

this makes even less sense, almost.

Don't you want the team that knocked you out to prove they were worthy of being a championship team?

Youd rather have them show they were good enough to beat you but not good enough to get the job done?

my list of who I want to win:

1.) Ravens
2.) Falcons
937.) Patriots
74,210.) 49ers

You make some good points, and I'm OK with Atlanta beating the Niners. At the end of the day, the only team I dislike are the STEALers.

formido

Reaction score
kearly":2jfhfzu5 said:
I've noticed that most people here are pulling for the Falcons next week. I'm rooting for the 49ers for a few reasons:

#1: There is a well established trend of Superbowl winners declining the next season. Maybe it's purely psychological, I don't know. But teams tend to let down the next season after they win it. Even the exceptions (2011 Green Bay and 2008 Giants) had quick exits in the postseason.

#2: There is an even more established trend of Superbowl losers declining the next season. An astonishingly high number of Superbowl losers missed the playoffs the next season.

#3: They would have a slightly lower draft pick. You never know, sometimes a couple spots in the draft can a huge difference. I'm still getting over Cameron Jordan / James Carpenter in 2011. SF picked 30th last year and had a terrible draft.

#4: It ratchets up the SF-SEA rivalry to a new high next season.

#5: SF is representing our division. One way to get respect is if people respect the NFC West more.

Sure, Harbaugh is a douche, but I don't really care who wins. I just want whatever situation benefits the Seahawks the most, and I think that SF winning does that. Anything, no matter how small, that helps Seattle's division chances next year is worth rooting for, I think.

Anyway, I'm sure 90% of you will disagree, but those are my :twocents:

Great topic and 100% agreed. Rivalries are one of the fun things about sports. Rivalries are better when both teams are as good as possible. Beating a Niners team that's on top of the world is practically the most satisfying thing ever.

Just like anything in life, you have to endure some hardship and pain to get the best rewards. In the short term, it sucks to hear the Niner fans gloat. But the payoff, like 24 days ago on Sunday night, is so worth it. I want Seattle to be the only team that can beat SF and the team that does it consistently. Let's be their roadblock.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
[/quote] Anyway, I'm sure 90% of you will disagree, but those are my :twocents

Great topic and 100% agreed. Rivalries are one of the fun things about sports. Rivalries are better when both teams are as good as possible. Beating a Niners team that's on top of the world is practically the most satisfying thing ever.

Just like anything in life, you have to endure some hardship and pain to get the best rewards. In the short term, it sucks to hear the Niner fans gloat. But the payoff, like 24 days ago on Sunday night, is so worth it. I want Seattle to be the only team that can beat SF and the team that does it consistently. Let's be their roadblock. [/quote]

I'd like us to win ours first while they are still looking to win one since 1995.

5 to 1 sounds better than six to 1, coupled with the fact that they will have won ANOTHER while we haven't won our FIRST.

formido

Reaction score
I never compare rings because that's a losing battle and just not a dimension I care about. If I did care about it, it would really suck to be a fan of the Seahawks. I want to live in the now and exult in the glory of bringing the mighty low. That feeling a month ago just would NOT have been the same if the media wasn't all over SF like the bootlickers they are. Remember how it felt to be so high on Sunday and then dropped so low? Now imagine if that's SF, and the drop is because Russell Wilson has beaten them in 3 straight conference championships. To be that tantalizingly close to a dynasty but never get to taste it is the Hell I want for SF.

formido

Reaction score
Also, I've noticed that a lot of Niner fans really hate it when Seahawks fans don't mind them winning from here on out. They want to taunt and troll and think that I'm silently stewing. I don't feel like giving them the satisfaction.

I don't root against them in the regular season, either, unless I have to because we've lost. I want to go 16-0 and have them go 14-2. And then beat them in the conference finals. That's my dream season.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
As my wife is a diehard fan of the 'Niners (since the 70's,............really?),..........

......I am forced to root for our (and Pete's) arch-enemies,............the Forty (friggin') Niners.

Damn.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
formido":oulijd3j said:
kearly":oulijd3j said:
I've noticed that most people here are pulling for the Falcons next week. I'm rooting for the 49ers for a few reasons:

#1: There is a well established trend of Superbowl winners declining the next season. Maybe it's purely psychological, I don't know. But teams tend to let down the next season after they win it. Even the exceptions (2011 Green Bay and 2008 Giants) had quick exits in the postseason.

#2: There is an even more established trend of Superbowl losers declining the next season. An astonishingly high number of Superbowl losers missed the playoffs the next season.

#3: They would have a slightly lower draft pick. You never know, sometimes a couple spots in the draft can a huge difference. I'm still getting over Cameron Jordan / James Carpenter in 2011. SF picked 30th last year and had a terrible draft.

#4: It ratchets up the SF-SEA rivalry to a new high next season.

#5: SF is representing our division. One way to get respect is if people respect the NFC West more.

Sure, Harbaugh is a douche, but I don't really care who wins. I just want whatever situation benefits the Seahawks the most, and I think that SF winning does that. Anything, no matter how small, that helps Seattle's division chances next year is worth rooting for, I think.

Anyway, I'm sure 90% of you will disagree, but those are my :twocents:

Just like anything in life, you have to endure some hardship and pain to get the best rewards. In the short term, it sucks to hear the Niner fans gloat. But the payoff, like 24 days ago on Sunday night, is so worth it. I want Seattle to be the only team that can beat SF and the team that does it consistently. Let's be their roadblock.

I'd like us to win ours first while they are still looking to win one since 1995.

5 to 1 sounds better than six to 1, coupled with the fact that they will have won ANOTHER while we haven't won our FIRST.[/quote]

razgriz737

Reaction score
how-about-no-bear.jpg

formido

Reaction score
Only the last thing you've done counts. Even today, 42-13 wins a lot of arguments and

Wilson: 1
Kaep: 0

...head-to-head wins a lot of arguments. No matter what happens this year, when SF loses its first game to us next year, you're gonna be able to cut the angst in the Bay Area with a knife.

chawx

Reaction score
I'm with the 99% here... I can't root for the 49ers no matter WHAT!

I'm in the boat where if the team you lose to wins it all, then you lost to the best and you have nothing to be ashamed of.

So, go Falcons!

Honestly, the way I would love to see it play out, is to have the Falcons beat the 49ers based solely on terrible call after terrible call from the refs. I want people to be talking about that game as the second worst officiated game behind *XL. I would love to see all the 49ers fans pissed about the refs only because they gave us (and still give us) so much grief about our "whining" about the officials in *XL.

I just want them to feel that complete and utter helplessness of watching your team get hosed over and over and have the game have nothing to do with how good your team is or how well they're playing... That is the HELL I want them to feel.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
6 GOLDEN RINGS! Oh god please no. 49er fans (minus that Box guy) make my seasons long enough as they are. Another Lombardi for them to gloat about might cause me to have a mild heart attack.

At the end of the year, I want to be able to say that we lost to the Super Bowl Champions. Not the runner up. Only they were capable of ending our season.

Ninerguy

Reaction score
formido":3m8q91rs said:
Only the last thing you've done counts. Even today, 42-13 wins a lot of arguments and

Wilson: 1
Kaep: 0

...head-to-head wins a lot of arguments. No matter what happens this year, when SF loses its first game to us next year, you're gonna be able to cut the angst in the Bay Area with a knife.

LOL, regular season is only for playoff seeding, if it makes you feel better that Carrol finally beat Harbaugh then more power to ya...Playoff wins are all that matters and winning the SB is the only goal.
see ya next season!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
chawx":2mftrecm said:
I'm with the 99% here... I can't root for the 49ers no matter WHAT!

I'm in the boat where if the team you lose to wins it all, then you lost to the best and you have nothing to be ashamed of.

So, go Falcons!

Honestly, the way I would love to see it play out, is to have the Falcons beat the 49ers based solely on terrible call after terrible call from the refs. I want people to be talking about that game as the second worst officiated game behind *XL. I would love to see all the 49ers fans pissed about the refs only because they gave us (and still give us) so much grief about our "whining" about the officials in *XL.

I just want them to feel that complete and utter helplessness of watching your team get hosed over and over and have the game have nothing to do with how good your team is or how well they're playing... That is the HELL I want them to feel.

Great post and point and I am 100% with you.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Ninerguy":25kir3ku said:
LOL, regular season is only for playoff seeding, if it makes you feel better that Carrol finally beat Harbaugh then more power to ya...Playoff wins are all that matters and winning the SB is the only goal.
see ya next season!

Kearly, you wanna see more of this $#!@ all offseason? No thank you.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":56etsoc9 said:
Ninerguy":56etsoc9 said:
see ya next season!

Kearly, you wanna see more of this $#!@ all offseason? No thank you.

:13: except multiply it by 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Status
Not open for further replies.