Why I am rooting for the 49ers the rest of the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1u70yu1v said:
Rooting for the 49ers to win the superbowl makes you a terrible fan.

Sorry but it's true.
...... If it doesn't make you sick you may want to evaluate your allegiance to your team.

True fan debate can lead to a ban. The OP may not reflect what most think but questioning fanhood is not tolerated. Just an FYI in case you weren't aware.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2zf6mvjr said:
Reason #1 why I'm rooting for the Falcons. This is the only rebuttal necessary as far as I'm concerned.

49ers fans.

Though #2, Jim Harbaugh, might be a good follow up.

I definitely get where Kearly is coming from but this is where I'm at too.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
drdiags":i6vwcn3l said:
Hawknballs":i6vwcn3l said:
Rooting for the 49ers to win the superbowl makes you a terrible fan.

Sorry but it's true.
...... If it doesn't make you sick you may want to evaluate your allegiance to your team.

True fan debate can lead to a ban. The OP may not reflect what most think but questioning fanhood is not tolerated. Just an FYI in case you weren't aware.

ok. Thanks, I wasn't aware. Sounds ridiculous but good to know. If questioning "Fanhood" is a bannable offense, saying you want the 49ers to win the superbowl should lead to your complete removal from the worldwideweb. JUST SAYIN.

ErikG803

Reaction score
I've been kind of feeling the same way myself, kearly

Plus if it happens maybe we'll play them opening night 8)

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
A Niner SB victory would make their fans that crawl around here even more intolerable than they already are. I'd like to see long suffering Falcon fans enjoy a SB win. They seemed like good folk.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2lq6ho90 said:
ok. Thanks, I wasn't aware. Sounds ridiculous but good to know. If questioning "Fanhood" is a bannable offense, saying you want the 49ers to win the superbowl should lead to your complete removal from the worldwideweb. JUST SAYIN.

We can agree on this. :thirishdrinkers:

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
I'm rooting for ATL all the way(2nd fave team) but, I think the Whiners will win and I"ll root for them in the SB for a number of reasons, including many of those listed in the OP.

Personally, my dad grew up in Santa Clara and I was born there as well, and grew up loving the Hawks and the Niners(Joe Montana, Jerry Rice) and HATING the Raiders(old AFC west).

I can never root for Tom Brady to win any game ever, unless it immediately helps the Hawks...and even after then, I need a shower. So I'm rooting for Ray "I killed a guy" Lewis, but I expect the Chowderheads to win that game and play the Niners in the SB. Gotta go with the Whiners for divisional dominance, and their impending decline.

Their 1, will pale in comparison to the 3 or 4 we're going to win over the next decade.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm trying to picture some guy sitting there in california wearing his patric willis jersey typing away on his computer on the 49ers forum saying "Yaknow, I'd really like Seattle to hoist the lombardi trophy this year! Then they will be overconfident and because of a mostly random series of luck they could be bad for a long time! Go Seahawks!"

I can't picture that. Because it's ridiculous.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":1tkvqmwa said:
I can never root for Tom Brady to win any game ever,.

I don't like to see Brady win either, but Brady winning is pretty much harmless, he already has his legacy. Him winning another SB is about as close as you get in football to the yankees winning another world series. you hate to see it happen but it's also not really going to change the legacy one way or another.

the 49ers haven't been this good since steve young was the QB, to want to see them get back to that level and validate it with a trophy now that they are your arch rival? No.

PGunning101

Reaction score
You are as wrong about this as you were right about Russell Wilson.

I am wiping this from my memory to preserve my good opinion of your writing.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Keyhawk":1f50erok said:
I want Atlanta to lose cause they knocked us out.

this makes even less sense, almost.

Don't you want the team that knocked you out to prove they were worthy of being a championship team?

Youd rather have them show they were good enough to beat you but not good enough to get the job done?

my list of who I want to win:

1.) Ravens
2.) Falcons
937.) Patriots
74,210.) 49ers

djb28

Reaction score
I would rather they not make it and wait til next year when we make it. Then the West and the league can respect us while gunning for us.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Why I am not rooting for the 49ers the rest of the way:

1. I Effing hate them.

2. See 1.

A

Anonymous

I have never been able to root for Tom Brady or the Pats...even their last two Superbowl appearances I was able to muster up enough nerve to root for the Giants (and I can't stand Eli). But if it turns into a 9ers - Pats Superbowl this year you bet your ass I'm rooting for the Pats. Never will I ever hope for a 9ers Superbowl win. Just can't do it.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I hate all the teams that are left, I was rooting for the Texans because I hate them least.

Now it's either the ravens or falcons, ravens preferably.

Niners? never, ever, ever, everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, ever.

A

Anonymous

Once my sports teams lose out of a tournament, I move my interest toward either the underdog team that happens to be having a cinderella season, or I look to a team that for one reason or another has always done well, but has just missed it.

As for how I feel about the 49'ers, let's say it could be classified as a deep hatred. They've had their dynasty in the NFL. Although I understand Kip's logic, I think I'll take my chances in this year's draft and will count on Russell having the polar opposite of a sophomore slump next year.

The aforementioned having been communicated, Go Falcons!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":25bjx1wt said:
Reason #1 why I'm rooting for the Falcons. This is the only rebuttal necessary as far as I'm concerned.

49ers fans.

Though #2, Jim Harbaugh, might be a good follow up.

:13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13:

Sorry, Kip. Couldn't disagree with your reasoning more.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2tkrarja said:
Once my sports teams lose out of a tournament, I move my interest toward either the underdog team that happens to be having a cinderella season, or I look to a team that for one reason or another has always done well, but has just missed it.

As for how I feel about the 49'ers, let's say it could be classified as a deep hatred. They've had their dynasty in the NFL. Although I understand Kip's logic, I think I'll take my chances in this year's draft and will count on Russell having the polar opposite of a sophomore slump next year.

The aforementioned having been communicated, Go Falcons!

:13: Kip means the best, I have no doubt he bleeds Seahawks gunmetal blue and electric green. It's just that the Niners are scum. Well at least 94.8 percent of them.

Therefore, :49ersmall:
And I only say Ravens, because I am still mad that the Falcons eliminated us. I dont really like the Ravens either, and am glad that stupid dance Lewis does will cease to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.