Assuming Flynn's traded - who do you want?

madbohem

Reaction score
I will take T Jack because most of the Seahawks are familiar with him and respect him. I really think the choice in trading him away this past year had a lot to do with what they are paying Flynn. Flynn probably does want a chance to start somewhere, so maybe he follows Bradley since it looks like Gus is gone.

I am also willing to bet T Jack would be okay with being older and yet capable of learning from Wilson. And last, dude is all class and if we get a ring, why not let him get one too?

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I would have said Ryan Nassib if you posed this question a month or so ago, but it appears that interest in him is rising to the point of at least a Day 2 pick - too high for a backup

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Nasib SHOULD be a day 3 guy. The fact he isn't makes trading Flynn more possible, no matter what anyone else says. This isn't a year with 4 1st round QB's like last year. If flynn was a FA this year, he'd get A LOT more money.

mikeak

Reaction score
pehawk":2fnv1p7y said:
Dib, good stuff. IIRC, kearly listed Flynn's hit as $7M in '13. That change your mind?

There's no way to know for sure, but Wilson seems like an Eli, Peyton, Marino type player who will avoid injury.

I remember Peyton being out for awhile recently - how did that work out?

I remember Brady being out for a season and while you don't mention him I have to consider him very durable

Guys gets injured a superbowl caliber team should at least still be in the playoff hunt

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1xos25rb said:
pehawk":1xos25rb said:
Dib, good stuff. IIRC, kearly listed Flynn's hit as $7M in '13. That change your mind?

There's no way to know for sure, but Wilson seems like an Eli, Peyton, Marino type player who will avoid injury.

I remember Brady being out for a season and while you don't mention him I have to consider him very durable

Guys gets injured a superbowl caliber team should at least still be in the playoff hunt

Really? Peyton got hurt at 35, after being injury-free over a decade. For real man, that's the dumbest reply I've seen in sometime. Just plain dumb, it missed the point.

Way to contribute to the thread with your ideas at QB. You should have a blog.

AgentDib

Reaction score
lukerguy":32zrtzb6 said:
I'll spend a 4-5th rounder as our back up to make sure he's cheap, and can run the same stuff RW runs. EJ Manuel fits the bill for me.
How many snaps do you give that 4th-5th rounder rookie then in order to make sure he knows what to do if called on? Would EJ Manuel be ready to win NFL games as a rookie in a new system even if we gave him half of the snaps in training camp? Finally, how much does giving that many snaps to somebody besides Russell Wilson for the second consecutive year slow down Wilson's growth as our franchise QB? I know that sounds like a lot of questions, but I am stunned by all the fans that put little to no value in having a veteran backup.

mikeak

Reaction score
pehawk":1onwamy5 said:
mikeak":1onwamy5 said:
pehawk":1onwamy5 said:

Really? Peyton got hurt at 35, after being injury-free over a decade. For real man, that's the dumbest reply I've seen in sometime. Just plain dumb, it missed the point.

Way to contribute to the thread with your ideas at QB. You should have a blog.

Since you decided to not have a polite discussion - way to understand a point maybe you should go back to reading cartoons instead. Any qb can get injured from one hit. Brady has hardly been out at all and one hit he was out for a season. Peyton missed all of pre-season one year and the timing was off next year. He got hit and missed a whole season and the team tanked - the point was that regardless of durability you can't bank your whole freaking team on one player and have a horrible backup like Chicago now did two years in a row.

My ideas on qb was in a prior post and better than "I don't THINK RW will get injured so we don't even need a backup" thought process...

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
That actually wasn't my idea, at all.

mikeak

Reaction score
So what was your highly valuable post about then that provided such great information? You either are of the belief that RW won't get injured and we can throw any crap in there as backup or your post about how other qb's weren't getting injured has zero value.

Which is it?

It is a F-ing message board where we exchange ideas and thoughts about OUR team. Your reply post to me was uncalled for and while you may disagree you brought nothing to the table. You can call me sensitive but I call this bs out here and elsewhere when it doesn't add any value and doesn't belong in the kind of discussion that is going on

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":10x3ihjt said:
I know some will want to keep Flynn, but I think he gets traded. It makes to much cap sense, and it also goes along with this FO doing "right" by their players.

Flynn wants to start, and I think the Seahawks FO will do whatever they can, within reason, to facilitate Flynn's preference. I'm a proud Seahawks fan for a lot of reasons, but I was really proud of how the FO treated Tavaris last preseason. He was traded instead of being released outright; to give him some dignity (maybe there's a better word choice there) on the way out. Tjax EARNED that type of exit...he's one classy and tough SOB.
You?
There is no Quarterbacks that can cerebrally duplicate Wilson, not even RGIII.
And although I believe there would be a big drop-off if Russell Wilson were to be out for awhile, I'd look for a playing style I think would best fit the mode of play by the Seahawks Offense/Wilson.
How old is Seneca?, I like TJ, and maybe a developmental guy like maybe Portis.
BUT, I think Robinson would fill in at #3 if needed.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3lkxsxzs said:
I'd take Gradkowski and Matt Moore off that list for certain.

Not sure about Chase Daniel.
I like Jack Daniels....uh....oh.....uh.....never mind. :34853_doh:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Adam Schefter on ESPN just stated that there doesn't seem to be any interest in Flynn as a possible starter any where around the league with the possible exception of the Chiefs.

mikeak

Reaction score
brimsalabim":33rndvmv said:
Adam Schefter on ESPN just stated that there doesn't seem to be any interest in Flynn as a possible starter any where around the league with the possible exception of the Chiefs.

Andy Reid - makes perfect sense if he goes for Flynn and I think he would make him a success

AgentDib

Reaction score
The $7.25 mil cap number is from Spotrac. I'm not sure how accurate it is.

The logic for the #3 guy is not as much about emergency usage but more about investment in the future. You want your #3 QB to be a young really high ceiling/low floor guy who may range from never seeing a snap in the NFL to being a franchise QB. It's a low cost high upside strategy that warrants a spot on the 53 man roster if you have a solid candidate.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Flynn would IMMEDIATELY make KC at least a 8 win team. They could take Barkley or Smith, if they can convince some rube too trade up.

kearly

Reaction score
Matt Moore would be my preference, but I suspect he wants to go somewhere that gives him a chance to start. Chase Daniel isn't bad, he's like a low draft projection of Aaron Murray from Georgia.

Latest posts