Albert Breer Early Mock: DE Ezekiel Ansah

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13

• I would love him to be a hawk. I just have a feeling when he goes to the combine is going to increase his stock a TON.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• I'm not sold, I think there are better options like Alex Okafor if we go edge rusher in R1.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I'm not sold, I think there are better options like Alex Okafor if we go edge rusher in R1.

Eek. I like Okafor, but not in round 1. I'm VERY hesitant of guys who look the part plus some, but dont dominate routinely.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• No pass rusher in round one please*, not unless Werner/Jones is there or Simon's stock skyrockets.

I like Ansah, but that would be a bad pick. Jason Jones gives you almost the exact same player and could be retained at low cost. Why would we think Ansah would be our savior when Jones wasn't? Pete is smarter than that.

*However, if Pete basically gave Ansah Red Bryant's job, it would be worth the high pick for that alone. Ansah looks very good as a 2-gap 5-tech.

Okafor is a bit like Lawrence Jackson or Everson Griffin, and I think he will have a similar career. Just seems like a guy with the good (not great) tools with average intangibles. Okafor is not a LEO, and unless Carroll doubles back on the Red Bryant role I don't see how Okafor fits. Carroll jettisoned Jackson due to not fitting either role. Okafor is not only slow but lacks quickness too. Hard to see him as a fit.

I think Okafor probably deserves a 2nd round grade, and won't be drafted by Seattle.
    Last edited by kearly on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• fwiw....I would want Ansah to replace Red. What they are doing with Red there is not working. Move Red back inside or just get rid of him. Im done with the Red Bryant experiment. Especially the way things went this year. You can't get a pass rush with him there and when we didn't do that great against the run anyways what's the point.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:fwiw....I would want Ansah to replace Red. What they are doing with Red there is not working. Move Red back inside or just get rid of him. Im done with the Red Bryant experiment. Especially the way things went this year. You can't get a pass rush with him there and when we didn't do that great against the run anyways what's the point.

Agree 100%
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

• Should be interesting to see where Ansah goes. Lots of appeal to 3-4 teams at end. Guys that look good at both 3-tech and 3-4 end usually don't last long.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:Should be interesting to see where Ansah goes. Lots of appeal to 3-4 teams at end. Guys that look good at both 3-tech and 3-4 end usually don't last long.

One minute he plays 3-4 rush and another he is a 3-4 nose and can play both the run and pass!!!
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:Watch this film of him...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpiOSwicEkk

Time to trade up if needed.

I wasn't very impressed with that highlight reel. He seemed a little raw, but that's easily fixable. He looked pretty vulnerable against the read option.

He shows great huatle, however. chasing the quarterback from behind. Great potential!
    How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they will all show and talk about how good the old one was...
    hawker232
    NET Rookie

• He sounds a little like JPP. Haven't really studied him though.. just going off this scouting report
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Not a fan of taking guys high in the draft that have only been playing football for 3 years. he had to bulk up to get to 270. And who wnats a guy who thinks his body is a "delicate flower"? WTF?
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:Watch this film of him...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpiOSwicEkk

Time to trade up if needed.

I watched it. Not quite sure what you see that would merit a trade up? First of all, we have Clem and Irvin from the edge- this guy first a 3-4 DE like Chandler Jones or Red Bryant. We need to increase our pass rush and this guy had 4 sacks all year?

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it, and especially not if we move up. Our first round pick with either be a LB, Pass rushing DT , or WR

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• [quote]We need to increase our pass rush and this guy had 4 sacks all year?[quote]

I've watched 3 highlights of him and seen more than 4 sacks. Remember sacks aren't an official stat in college football. So ESPN is lying to you...
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

• I've written a lot about him, ever since week 1. New posts keep popping up though. Anyway... I saw a stat from my cousin who is a sports writer for a major paper. It showed what Ziggy had done as far as pressures, batted balls, hurries, etc. and he led the country in a stat one of the services had in "pressure" according to the stat service the 2 papers he is employed by uses. That takes all of those factors in. He is a high motor pressure machine. He also has batted down lots of balls. I watched one series that I described in my year long post about him and he hit the QB on 3 straight plays, in one of them he jumped over a guy to do it.

I don't know where guys are getting some of their info here, but I think you're missing the boat if you don't see what an amazingly talented athlete this kid is, and how well he'll do if put in the right situation. He played in a 3-4 or 3-3-5 in college. That defense wasn't designed around him because he's a DT in a 3 man front. It is the defense they've always run. However, they will many times move up a 4th like Van Noy and then he's playing essentially the same position Clemons is. He's not a nose tackle. He'll be a DE in the NFL and a speed rush kind of guy, but also has great moves and power. He is also the fastest big man I've ever seen. As for the knock that he had to bulk up to 270... well he was a world class runner in the 200. Thus his not needing to carry 270 pounds. I've seen him run the 200 at over 250 and as I've said before, it's crazy. He has a big frame.

You don't like his highlight reel? You're missing the boat. I watched every snap he's taken in his life except for their bowl game when I was in the hospital. He's the real deal and is a player much like Clemons only faster.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• I like him better than Hunt, fo sho. I'd have zero issue with him at #25, none. Athletic, raw, but obvious instincts.

My fear is that he's Mormon. After that doc series called "Big Love" and Te'o creating Leukimia, I just cant trust any of them. I dont even think Shark's ever been ill. In fact, I bet ya Shark's a 6'5" 5-star recruit, hoping to play for his boy, Rashard "Bronco" Mendenhall.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• SharkHawk wrote:I've written a lot about him, ever since week 1. New posts keep popping up though. Anyway... I saw a stat from my cousin who is a sports writer for a major paper. It showed what Ziggy had done as far as pressures, batted balls, hurries, etc. and he led the country in a stat one of the services had in "pressure" according to the stat service the 2 papers he is employed by uses. That takes all of those factors in. He is a high motor pressure machine. He also has batted down lots of balls. I watched one series that I described in my year long post about him and he hit the QB on 3 straight plays, in one of them he jumped over a guy to do it.

:229031_thewave: :fam: :vodka:

I do like him....but Im really starting to doubt he will reach us.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:I like him better than Hunt, fo sho. I'd have zero issue with him at #25, none. Athletic, raw, but obvious instincts.

My fear is that he's Mormon. After that doc series called "Big Love" and Te'o creating Leukimia, I just cant trust any of them. I dont even think Shark's ever been ill. In fact, I bet ya Shark's a 6'5" 5-star recruit, hoping to play for his boy, Rashard "Bronco" Mendenhall.

He a convert though.....tbh converts are 10x better than people who were born into Mormonism.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I like him better than Hunt, fo sho. I'd have zero issue with him at #25, none. Athletic, raw, but obvious instincts.

He a convert though.....tbh converts are 10x better than people who were born into Mormonism.

Great point.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:I like him better than Hunt, fo sho. I'd have zero issue with him at #25, none. Athletic, raw, but obvious instincts.

Shit.... ok, it's time to come clean.

I'm 17 years old. I play high school football, baseball, basketball, wrestling, soccer, and run track. I've lettered all 3 years, and am going to graduate early next year to make sure to get into spring practice. I've narrowed my choices to BYU, Alabama, Baylor, McNeese State, and PLU. I went strictly on uniforms.

I'm half Tongan and half Samoan, so I hate myself and typically get in knife fights with my brothers, depending on if they claim the Tongan or Samoan side on that particular day. We have to "declare" our culture each morning. If they pick something different than what I'm already thinking, then we have a gang fight before I tear out of our house in West Valley in my 68 Impala.

I play QB and DE, as well as LB, KR, K, P, and RB. I also play CF, pitch, catch, am a switch hitter (but only on the field, I promise), and I bat .625 and have a slugging pct. that is so high that they are creating a new stat for me. I only have 1 single on the year, because the field was wet and I slipped halfway between first and second and I'm lazy enough that I felt it was easier to go back to 1st than to continue on to second.

I average 28 ppg in hoops, and am the state super heavy champ in wrestling, but I think it's kinda gay so I make sure to wear a cape and mask to all wrestling meets. I am known as the "Island Madman". The state wanted me to participate so bad, that they went to professional wrestling costume and naming rules.

I am not a Mormon, but I heard about them once and thought it would make me sound WAY cooler to pretend to be one. I figured it was the only way to get chicks. I'm not really married to a black lady as I always claimed and my kids aren't really mulattos. Again, all farce, since I'm 17. I've also been a writer, and wrote under the pen name "Gary Larson". Mostly comics I drew as a kid, you may have seen them. I also wrote as Bill Watterson, and came up with the idea of my characters "Calvin" and "Hobbes" while studying philosophy and really wanting to create a bumper sticker for my Chevy that showed a kid pissing on a Ford Logo and a masterpiece was born.

Pheeeewwwww. It feels good to get all of that off of my 52 inch tattooed Maori style chest that makes me look like a much younger and cooler version of Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson. SHAKA BRADDAH!

And I leave you with the Maori war dance... the haka...

KAMATE KAMATE KAORA KAORA
    KAMATE KAMATE KAORA KAORA
    TENNAY TAY TENGATA PUH URU AH URU
    NANA AY A TIKI WAKA WHITI TAY RAH
    A UPA NAY - KA UPA NAY
    A UPANAY KAUPANAY A TIKI TAY RAH..... HEEEEEEE!

Sorry for any misspells. The only Maori I speak is yelling the Haka at my brothers before our morning knife fights. KAMATE HEEEE!!!!

And by the way... I look nothing like the douchenozzle appearing below. I have no idea who keeps saying this is me, but I guarantee you... this is NOT me. I am not the stupid looking white dude pictured below. So if you see this guy at a Hawks game or just anywhere, run straight up to him and kick him in the junk as hard as you can and say "You couldn't hold Shark's Fin... you losing sack of crap!"

And this is NOT the $20,000 worth of titanium they just took out of my back. I promise. It belonged to somebody else. Probably the same loser in those pics.
    This never happened to my back. I defy you to prove it!
    If I ever find out whose wedding photo this is, I'll throat punch him and steal his hot wife! Strangely enough, I'm 97.38632% sure those are actually my parents standing in on that photo. Hmmm, I wonder if they were doing an independent modeling gig. That's my best guess.

And a real ad I found in a Jazz game program once featuring my evil twin Karl Malone

R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Okay, that's a post that will become legendary.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Ok, anyways.....excited to see Ansah
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• After I read Shark's medical/psych chart, I did a little research on fried chicken.

Did you guys know there are ethnic preferences for fried chicken? It was very enlightening.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information