Tom Cable as OC?

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Blitzer88":191mr00z said:
Starting to think that I want Bevell to stay as OC just for continuity sake.

I would Bevell to stay at least one more year before we starting changing things on offense too much.

We have an offense that was lights out for basically 13 weeks - let's keep that momentum going.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":ntvj3ou7 said:
Why not Norv Turner?

He'd be a tremendous hire IMO and is not getting another HC job...... ever probably

CANHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3jgtq8lx said:
Bring back Zorn as OC.

Wasn't he QB coach in KC last year? He'd likely be on the street once Andy brings in his own people. I'm neither for nor against it, but Zorn is likely to be available. The Hue Jackson idea is an interesting one as well (just don't let him make any trades).

mistaowen

Reaction score
Norv Turner would do wonderful things with Russell Wilson. I think him focusing on only the offense and not dealing with the entire team would be a great thing for him, especially with how often they under performed in a garbage division.

I think promoting Tom Cable as OC would put us back into the run first era and RW has shown us we should throw to open up the run, not vice versa. I like him focusing on the big men upfront and the running game more.

I'd be curious to know how much the evolution of our offense was due to RW and I hope whatever happens, we keep the read option.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Didn't Norv Turner trade Drew Brees to N.O. for Rivers? Did he do that because Brees is short? He's supposed to be a QB guru as I recall.

pehawk

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":ta48lvog said:
Didn't Norv Turner trade Drew Brees to N.O. for Rivers? Did he do that because Brees is short? He's supposed to be a QB guru as I recall.

Wow.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mistaowen":38wefcmy said:
Norv Turner would do wonderful things with Russell Wilson.

I don't think Norv would be a good fit here, he's too set in his ways. Pete IMO would rather have a younger coordinator that's more open minded about schemes and play calling.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1oj3hj1k said:
mistaowen":1oj3hj1k said:
Norv Turner would do wonderful things with Russell Wilson.

I don't think Norv would be a good fit here, he's too set in his ways. Pete IMO would rather have a younger coordinator that's more open minded about schemes and play calling.

Wow.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":tseco180 said:

I'm pretty sure they let Brees go because of the shoulder injury. The market for Brees was pretty small for the same reason.

Edit: They did franchise him once after drafting Rivers, however.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
v1rotv2":354hag06 said:
I could be completely out to lunch on this but my thought is Cable would be a conservative play caller. What we need with Wilson, to take full advantage of his skill set, is an open and innovative offense. Wilson has displayed that he has the work ethic and intelligence to master any offensive scheme. Let's use that to the fullest. We have the ground game to keep defenses honest to the point where we can do some really ground breaking stuff to blow the game up. I want an OC that thinks that way.

Or like I said I could be completely out to lunch.
Lunch?, what we having?,, I agree that in order to get the maximum out of Wilson, you have to give him the right system, but here's a thought that I have been rolling around in my mind for awhile now,,,How about this?
Wilson is percieved by many to having the mindsett of a Player/Coach ,SO, why not let him be involved in the set up proccess?, I mean who better to putting together an offensive strategy that the field General himself.
If this seems far fetched, then why have him use audibles to getting players positioned for a particular play?, because like Manning, Wilson can speed read Defensive sets.
Some will argue that he's fresh out of Rookie World,,and I don't know about Y'all, but he's unlike any Rook Quarterback I've ever seen.
Cerebral (ahem) smart, AND I think Pete has been blown away with the maturity of this kid ,and his understanding of the game of Football.

sc85sis

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":upfrtrsv said:
No. Brees went to New Orleans in 2006. Turner went to San Diego in 2007.

kearly

Reaction score
One of the things I trust Pete the most with are his coaching hires. I'm sure whoever he brings in, it will be a feel good hire in not too long.