Do you want Giacomini back?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I will leave it up to PC and JS, I like Breno out there. Total enforcer. If they can find someone better? Sure, but I like the consistency if they can get it.

chris98251

Reaction score
He has got his head screwed on much better after the benching, I love the fact he won't take crap and will jump into a pit of wolves if asked. Thats the kind of guy you want watching out for a franchise QB, not someone that will walk back to the huddle and watch or do nothing when someone choke holds your QB.

Red Beard

Reaction score
Guard is a spot that MUST be upgraded. Ideally, we get a stud to start @ LG and bring competition in @ RG as well. If there's the ability to upgrade or bring in competition for the RT spot as well, I am all for it. I know there are bigger priorities, but when you have such a valuable player in Wilson and rely so heavily on the running game with Beast Mode, why wouldn't you want to protect and improve those two key aspects of our game?

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
I was Breno's biggest critic at the start of the season, and quite frankly, I couldn't stand him.

He made MASSIVE improvement this season. As others have said: He is an absolute enforcer.
He protects and stands up for Russell Wilson. I admire and respect that.

I personally think that if Carpenter comes back healthy our line will be fine.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
He has played very well during the second half of the season. He plays nasty and is always looking to get his butt up the field to make a second block. Hell yes we keep him!

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Breno had a great 2nd half. He went from hearing his number called 2 or 3 times a game to almost never down the stretch.

Only gong to get better learning from Cable.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
His status shouldn't be in question. Bone-head penalties and playing to the whistle aside, he established himself as a top-10 RT. There I said it.

He's above-average at run blocking.

He's average at pass blocking.

In today's NFL, that is a top RT. Being average in this league, at a non-premium position is valuable and adequate.

He and Unger set the tone physically for Beast-Mode and Turbanator to do their thing. I think he's important not only for his play but for his place on this chip-on-the-shoulder, under-valued, under-drafted roster.

GB picked him up as an undrafted FA, who converted to TE in college from defensive end and made him a RT. Sort of like Sweezy's situation. In other words, The Russian will only get better as he gains more experience. His best days are ahead and we should be Thrilled, seriously, with his play and optimistic for improvement.

If he's the same player, or regressing, in 18 months, then we worry about replacing him. I would worry more about both G positions on the OL.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I'll admit I was one of his detractors for probably 2/3 of the sesaon. But then like a light switch he cleaned it up significantly the final 1/3. That's measurable improvement! That I'll take. Dudes a brawler but he has shown he knows when to use it now. Surely he will have competition from sweezy and possibly any FA or draft picks they bring in. Wish him well!

sutz

Reaction score
Keep him around, but I wouldn't anoint him starter or anything. And I doubt Pete will, either. Bring back and let him win the job again. I bet he can, unless we find an absolute gem in FA or the draft.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Yes. He has his penalties under control it seems. He is pretty solid a better than average RT

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I will take two Giacominis over 10 Moffits.

Why hasn't anybody thought of this before?:

GiacoMEANY.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Keep him but we need tackle depth. We have little. I would say a tackle (who can play guard) in the third and sixth round this year.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think an ideal long term spot for Giacomini would be RG. I think our ideal long term oline is Okung, Carp, unger, Giacomini, ________

bestfightstory

Reaction score
hawksfan515":275vz3x5 said:
bestfightstory":275vz3x5 said:
I will take two Giacominis over 10 Moffits.

Why hasn't anybody thought of this before?:

GiacoMEANY.

Didn't you say you weren't ever posting here again? :229031_confused2:

Nope. Sorry to disappoint you. In a fit of rage I said that I had never been more ashamed of .NET than I was while watching so many people quit on this team yesterday as they battled back and that (paraphrasing) 'win or lose I will not be back this season.

The season is over. So sue me. Are you tracking all the other stupid shit people said in the gameday forum yesterday?

Latest posts