Billick just doesn't like Pete ... does he

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
Watched the The Coaches Show and Billick said Pete was way off base with his questioning the free field goal try Atlanta's kicker got. Does anybody know why Billick always seems to find some way to slam Pete all the time. He even acted "bitchy" during the broadcast when Pete was questioning the ref about the kick....something to the effect ..."Oh come on Pete you know you called a timeout." .... as if Pete was telling the ref he really didn't call the timeout. I used to like Billick ... but more and more he seems like a jerk.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
The Sunday game crew for both sucked big time, Billick didn't even know the down and distance situations when the game was going on. I know most people complain about the broadcast crew after a loss but this was almost as bad as the Martz/Rams slobberfest orgy earlier in the year.

canzag

Reaction score
He was pulling for the Falcons for sure,he looked crestfallen when we briefly took the lead.His sister is married to Mike Smith I believe and Smith worked for him.

Hachtung

Reaction score
I hope he gets a head coaching job so we can kick his ass next year!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Heard somewhere that Billick is related by a marriage (can't recall if its his son in law or daughter in law) to Mike Smith of the Falcons. Maybe that's it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's disgusting that the NFL allowed such a biased person be one of the announcers in a divisional playoff game.

canzag

Reaction score
I did laugh however when they mentioned Chris Myers(sideline reporter)did 7 Hawk games this season.I do not buy the college thing because he seems to have no problem with Harbaugh at all.

BamKam

Reaction score
I remember during the game yesterday when we had 50 seconds left in the game Billick said something "This isn't automatically 4 down territory they could go for a field goal because they have all their timeouts left."

OP
OP
Tailspin Hawk Fan

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
BamKam":2bnwifdj said:
I remember during the game yesterday when we had 50 seconds left in the game Billick said something "This isn't automatically 4 down territory they could go for a field goal because they have all their timeouts left."

Yeah, I remember him saying and thinking ..... what an idiot.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Someone posted here that because of the FG "practicing" that went on during Raven-Broncos, the refs briefed both teams before the game that that wouldn't be allowed. If that's actually true, then I suppose there should have been a five-yard delay penalty imposed for the kick. I don't think it's really that big a deal, and the kicker probably would have scored anyhow. But if you go to the trouble of explicitly spelling something like that out pre-game, then you MUST call it during the game. Even if it goes against the home team in a crucial spot. It's simply a must, if credibility and consistency are things that you value as an organization.

As to the OP, if the pre-game briefing did indeed occur, then Bilick's obviously wrong factually. Every coach in the league would have asked for a call in that circumstance, even him.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Billick was almost snickering when he remarked that Seattle came back last week against a hobbled RGIII but that there was no injured QB to take advantage of this time. The score was 27-7. He definitely has something against someone in the organization.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Wonder how these people get their jobs. Can you believe he is on the radar for the Philly job? Ridiculous.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Billick is a tool...

He had his knee pads on for Smith for most of that game, but I will never forget him calling the game in AZ (2010) he was slobbering on Whiz, then Hasselbeck wound up a bomb for Butler. Before Hass could even throw the ball he was "Oh no, uh oh". As Butler caught the ball, juked 3 DB's like they were standing still and scored.

It really bothered him. "This is just a busted play that Seattle got away with". When it was executed to perfection.

I was kind of down on the Fox offering, for that game they could have done better.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Tailspin Hawk Fan":160p3f6n said:
BamKam":160p3f6n said:

Yeah, I remember him saying and thinking ..... what an idiot.
Especially since they had shown Pete on camera holding up four fingers to Russell to explicitly remind him they had four downs to work with.