What would it cost to bring Suh home?

HansGruber

Reaction score
SeaWolv":2kyndrwi said:
I live in Michigan now and get to see a healthy dose of Suh and that guy is a cancer. I don't want him in a Hawks jersey.

I've read a lot of stuff about the Lions being unhappy with Suh, apparently he has a very bad attitude, doesn't practice, doesn't get along with other players, etc. Would be very skeptical of Suh.

And I don't agree with the comparisons to BB and Sherm. Watch an episode of Real Rob Report. You can see that our entire secondary is very close, and that they hold themselves to a very high standard.

From what I've read and heard about Suh, this is not at all how he is. And it's hard to believe that it's all just false rumors. There is an overwhelming amount of noise out of Detroit that Suh is just a bad teammate, has a bad attitude, a quitter, etc. I've read multiple reports from multiple sources saying the Lions want to release/trade Suh ASAP. If he had potential consistent with the hype, that would not be the case.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HansGruber":19pyprh4 said:
SeaWolv":19pyprh4 said:
I live in Michigan now and get to see a healthy dose of Suh and that guy is a cancer. I don't want him in a Hawks jersey.

I've read a lot of stuff about the Lions being unhappy with Suh, apparently he has a very bad attitude, doesn't practice, doesn't get along with other players, etc. Would be very skeptical of Suh.

And I don't agree with the comparisons to BB and Sherm. Watch an episode of Real Rob Report. You can see that our entire secondary is very close, and that they hold themselves to a very high standard.

From what I've read and heard about Suh, this is not at all how he is. And it's hard to believe that it's all just false rumors. There is an overwhelming amount of noise out of Detroit that Suh is just a bad teammate, has a bad attitude, a quitter, etc. I've read multiple reports from multiple sources saying the Lions want to release/trade Suh ASAP. If he had potential consistent with the hype, that would not be the case.
Just think how you would act if forced to spend 6 months a year in Detroit.

I would take Suh in a second. Reggie friggin White part two.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Again, we kinda heard this about Charles Woodson too. In fact, worse really.

Nurture not nature.

Hans is right, there is quite a bit of public pining for Suh to be exiled from 8 mile.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2i9w9l79 said:
Just think how you would act if forced to spend 6 months a year in Detroit.

I would take Suh in a second. Reggie friggin White part two.

There is no similarity at all between Suh and White.

Reggie White was absolutely dominant on the field. I'll never forget watching him being triple-teamed against NE in the SuperBowl and still getting all those sacks. NE literally had their LG, LT and a TE all trying to stop Reggie White, and he was using the LT as a battering ram against the QB. Literally pushed the LT up off his feet and ran him backwards at the QB. The whole time, the LG and TE were both leaning into the LT's back or trying to take out White's legs. That happened on multiple downs. Never seen anything like that in my life and I'll never forget it. That doesn't even begin to describe White's dominance. I'm not the only one who thinks he was the best ever:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ock/041230

He was also known as the Minister of Defense. Not just because he was a field general, but he was also a highly religious man. All his teammates said he was the ultimate team guy and a really caring person, that he reached out to rookies and tried to help people.

Suh has none of those qualities. In fact, he's one of the most overrated pass rushers in football. Known to take plays off, known for his bad attitude, pouts during games, fights with teammates, etc. He has never had the impact in an NFL game that Reggie White did. Name one game where Suh was the difference, where he stripped a QB and ran 70 yards for a TD or anything like that. In fact, Suh has fallen off the map.

Suh had 8 sacks this season, and 4 sacks in 2011.

Reggie White's lowest number of sacks in a season was 8, and he only did that once in 1994. Every single year other than that, he had well over 10, he generally had 12-15 and peaked at 21 in 1987. Reggie White was an unstoppable monster. That dude destroyed offenses by himself. And in fact, it's a huge shame that Brett Favre has gotten the credit for Green Bay's Super Bowl win when that honor should go to Reggie White.

O-LineFan

Reaction score
HAHA can you even imagine what this teams attitude would be like if they had Suh on the D-Line!?

We think our team has swag now. if Suh caught that attitude while on this team, the smell of soiled underpants would permeate the league.

"Well, we can't run it because Suh is likely to kill our HB. We can't throw it because Kam or Browner have anger problems.... guess we just... hm..."

Pete has a great way of bringing in troubled athletes, making them comfortable and letting them produce. It's already been mentioned, but Lynch and Irvin come to mind.

It's a go if Detroit doesn't want him anymore.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I would rather the Hawks draft a 3rd-4th rounder that they have been eyeing, somewhere in there.

As this team moves along, it is going to get difficult for players to make it out of College. If Clemons can get healthy, he needs to be back, Irvin will get better too.

We have Jones to think about and maybe that spot can get back filled with a stud DL player.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
For 22 sacks in three years from a DT and the ability to singlehandedly turn Bruce Irvin into Aldon Smith, you pay money. Suh instantly puts this defense in 2000 Ravens territory.

Only problem is convincing Detroit to put him on the market.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1xfmij2k said:
Only problem is convincing Detroit to put him on the market.

Hans wasn't joking.

There's some pressure in Detroit to do just that. The GM could conceivably buy himself a year or so to "rebuild" again IF he dealt Suh. It's not as black and white (sorry for the racism...some of my best friends are Lions) as we'd think.

CANHawk

Reaction score
As for the attitude... How happy would you be if you had to live in detroit 8 months of the year and have to play for Jim Schwartz?! That guy is a spastic ass clown.

Greenhell

Reaction score
not being a local Hawk fan, where are these stories about Suh stating he wants to play for Seattle? Not refuting cus I'd welcome him with swords and battle axes for sure.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
HansGruber":34ba8w9x said:
SeaWolv":34ba8w9x said:

But he seems so nice on the Subway commercials :D