I just dont know how RW doesnt win ROY

BamKam

Reaction score
I mean I understand why he wont if he doesn't because ROY is based off of pre season hype unfortunately.

So Luck's argument is that he had the worst team in the league to work with and got them to the playoffs (He did a great job but a big reason they were the worst team last year was because they had Curits Painter at QB)

RG3 put up some GREAT numbers and if he ends up winning it I won't be too mad.

But RW had the Seahawks playing at the highest level out of those 3 teams. As he improved throughout the year we drastically improved. He helped Tate have a breakout season when he was pretty much a non factor before.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Griffin has it in the bag but I think a lot of fans will feel like Wilson had the best season and hopefully as the years go by Wilson will establish himself as the best.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully he is MVP of the 2013 season.

canfan

Reaction score
AP ROY voting happens after week 17 and before the playoffs. If you are a sports writer and live east of the Mississippi, it likely came as a shock that there was football being played on the west coast. There is no way RW gets this award.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
RG3 had the better year
-Higher QBR
-Lead the NFL in yards per pass attemtp AND yards per rush attemtp (When was the last time that happened?)
-Higher QB Rating
-Rush yards
-Rush TD
-Completion %
-NFC East Champ

So he SHOULD win

That said, RIGHT NOW, RW is the best QB of the three (Luck, RG3 and Wilson) as much as it pains me to say it. The guy is great.
I also think they should change voting procedures to include playoffs, especially in close races.

I mean, sometimes it doesnt matter, like with Cam Newton CLEARLY beating Dalton even though Dalton was in the playoffs. Newtons numbers were just insane (4000+ pass yards, 700+ rush yards, 30+ TD's). But in close races like this year, I think exceptions should be made.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
RG3 had the better statistical year in just about every way except for TD passes.

I won't be mad at all if he wins it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's very simple. RG3 is on a major east coast team, and voting ended before the playoffs.

Guys, you need to temper your expectations. RG3 is going to be announced as the offensive rookie of the year. If we're lucky, the vote will be evenly split and Wilson gets half.

HawkFan72":scnzfhnk said:
RG3 had the better statistical year in just about every way except for TD passes.

I will be. Smart football people realize that half of RG3's yards were from screen passes and shovels to running backs. When that's considered "respectable passing" in this league, gimme a call.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2dzbeiyw said:

This. I wont be mad RG3 had a great year. Just another chip on Wilson's shoulder.

TJH

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":68nfhs6o said:
-NFC East Champ

LOL you say that like it's supposed to be impressive. One of the weakest divisions in the league and Seattle would be 13-3 if they played there this year.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2gzdhkoq said:
It's very simple. RG3 is on a major east coast team, and voting ended before the playoffs.

Guys, you need to temper your expectations. RG3 is going to be announced as the offensive rookie of the year. If we're lucky, the vote will be evenly split and Wilson gets half.

HawkFan72":2gzdhkoq said:

I will be. Smart football people realize that half of RG3's yards were from screen passes and shovels to running backs. When that's considered "respectable passing" in this league, gimme a call.

HA, you should go talk to Tom Brady. He leads the NFL in short passes. ALso, RG3 ran one shovel pass this year and our running backs this year were pretty much non existent n the passing game.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
TJH":2hcbkged said:
rdskns4eva":2hcbkged said:
-NFC East Champ

LOL you say that like it's supposed to be impressive. One of the weakest divisions in the league and Seattle would be 13-3 if they played there this year.

Anytime any rookie wins his dicision it's impressive. Let's not downplay accomplishments.

CHawks4L

Reaction score
I think RGIII should win it as well, he had an amazing season start to finish. I'd also say I'm happier we have RW as he will be better and last longer, and that has nothing to do with the super value we got him for in contrast to the ransom the Skins paid.

But RW does have a shot... East Coast voters oblivious to Southern Alaska Football may have split their vote enough between RGIII and volume passer Luck owning the biggest turnaround to team record; leaving RW with the west coast and objective votes.

Sorry Skin fans, RGIII is going to be a flash in the pan guy, enjoy your ROY award because RW is going to wear a couple rings by career end.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
CHawks4L":1wt6x48p said:
I think RGIII should win it as well, he had an amazing season start to finish. I'd also say I'm happier we have RW as he will be better and last longer, and that has nothing to do with the super value we got him for in contrast to the ransom the Skins paid.

But RW does have a shot... East Coast voters oblivious to Southern Alaska Football may have split their vote enough between RGIII and volume passer Luck owning the biggest turnaround to team record; leaving RW with the west coast and objective votes.

Sorry Skin fans, RGIII is going to be a flash in the pan guy, enjoy your ROY award because RW is going to wear a couple rings by career end.

Yea, I agree with this. I HOPE RG3 can last, but he is just to reckless when he runs and he doesnt throw the ball away until a guy is ontop of him about to pop him. Injuries are a big time concern. He is a smart quarterback but he isnt a smart runner (at least not RW smart.) and his body size cant take the hits. EVen though RW is smaller than RG3, he looks like he is stocky and can take a hit more than RG3. Not saying RG3 isnt tough...That guy is INSANELY tough. But being a tough and taking a hit are two different things.

Dont know about the Superbowl thing. I think RG3 can win IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY. But RW is ahead of the curve here because he clearly has the superior team around him.

But if we are talking about this year, then yes, from game 1 RG3 was balling whereas RW didt start coming into his own until about week 6 or 7.

salamander

Reaction score
Is there a description of the award? Obviously Wilson had a slow start which led to worse stats, but I would argue finished the best. Right now he is the best player because of the intangibles. So if you want to give it to the best player give it to Wilson...if you want to give it to the player with the best stats for the year give it to RGIII.

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
I hope RW doesn't get it. Leaves him hungrier for even more. He has the ability to become an amazing Qb.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
salamander":1grem9bd said:
Is there a description of the award? Obviously Wilson had a slow start which led to worse stats, but I would argue finished the best. Right now he is the best player because of the intangibles. So if you want to give it to the best player give it to Wilson...if you want to give it to the player with the best stats for the year give it to RGIII.

The award is for the best player over the couse of a year. Not the best player over the course of 8 games.

Prior to week 6, this was a two horse race. No one was even mentioning RW until he beat the Pats and even after that, he lost two games in a row, including one where he was 9 for 23. His rookie of the year campaign really began after he beat the Vikings in week 9. Thats when he started to get hot.

If we're talking intangibles, RG3 has that as well...tahts been well documented. RW isnt the only leader in the NFL lol.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":2t77wkz5 said:
salamander":2t77wkz5 said:

The award is for the best player over the couse of a year. Not the best player over the course of 8 games.

Prior to week 6, this was a two horse race. No one was even mentioning RW until he beat the Pats and even after that, he lost two games in a row, including one where he was 9 for 23. His rookie of the year campaign really began after he beat the Vikings in week 9. Thats when he started to get hot.

If we're talking intangibles, RG3 has that as well...tahts been well documented. RW isnt the only leader in the NFL lol.

you have to admit that being in the NFL's darling NFC East doesn't hurt. and in those first 8 games we were 4-4 while your team was 3-5. We still finished better in the regular season and post season.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
No point in skins fans debating hawks fans about ROY. Seriously, we both want our guy and will justify it any way we can, and we'll be right. None of us have a say.

The entire world knows Russell is special and Robert is injured but only voters get a vote. Let it play out. No matter what happens, neither side would trade their guy for the other. Lets just be happy.