:03 Second Quarter

HalG6

Reaction score
In viewing it again and again it looks like Russ had the football and starting backward BEFORE the clock went to :00; live play. Clock @ :01 when ball was snapped. TD Rice RIGHT. 34-30 Hawks-thought there should've been a TO to review that in the booth.

Great season and looking forward to next year; all the teams in this league will be afraid to face the Hawks..In my mind though we still won this one.posting.php?mode=post&f=2&sid=89f94b90d444f5694ac4465f727f2c15#

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Thats the Fox network clock you're looking at. Apparently the field clock hit the zero well before Fox's did

OP
OP
H

HalG6

Reaction score
I did not see any flag and Golden was giving Russ the sign everyone was SET @ :01; ball's in his hands and he's starting back to throw. I think it was an attempt to cover up an officiating error by the League and Fox.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
yea let it go . I blame everyone not named russell wilson.

nobody was hurrying back to the line and everyone was confused.

kidhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":15qd3sba said:
HalG6":15qd3sba said:
In viewing it again and again it looks like Russ had the football and starting backward BEFORE the clock went to :00; live play. Clock @ :01 when ball was snapped. TD Rice RIGHT. 34-30 Hawks-thought there should've been a TO to review that in the booth.

Great season and looking forward to next year; all the teams in this league will be afraid to face the Hawks..In my mind though we still won this one.posting.php?mode=post&f=2&sid=89f94b90d444f5694ac4465f727f2c15#

Nope, this has been debunked a number of ways. Firstly, the fox broadcast playclock was slightly off from the official playclock. They went back and looked at it and the clock was at 00. Secondly, a flag was already thrown for a false start, which would have had a 10 second runoff, ending the half. It's basically on sweezy. If Wilson doesn't take that sack, it's either a TD or a FG.

I wish it hadn't happened that way, but wish in one hand, shit in the other and see which one fills up first.

I watched that play at least a dozen times. I didn't see a flag come out from anywhere. Who threw it? I'm not saying they couldn't have thrown one had they not said the clock expired, but I never saw one.

As for the clock expiring issue, we don't know that the clock we saw was incorrect, we only have a superimposed clock that they showed us 15 minutes later showing that factor. This too could be factual, or it could just be them quieting the issue.

Finally, on this play, there can be no review. Certain things cannot be reviewed (only plays which are listed as reviewable per the NFL rules may be reviewed). This is one of those things that even if the officials were wrong, it's just part of the game and cannot be reviewed.

With all that said, none of it matters. Sweezy whiffed on that play, and shouldn't have been out there IMO. Moffitt was the more solid player with more experience at the position. I don't think he lets this happen the way it went down. Of course this is just my supposition, but I believe it whole heartedly.

OP
OP
H

HalG6

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3jg2nr4n said:
HalG6":3jg2nr4n said:
I did not see any flag and Golden was giving Russ the sign everyone was SET @ :01; ball's in his hands and he's starting back to throw. I think it was an attempt to cover up an officiating error by the League and Fox.

Everyone wasn't set though. It's really not worth arguing about, dude. Game's over and we lost fair and square.

No arguing here pal; just review the tape man , Do the math. Live play w/ :01 and no one wants a review. If I'm PC I would've argued that point.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
THE CLOCK ON THE TELEVISION IS NOT THE OFFICIAL GAME CLOCK

kidhawk

Reaction score
HalG6":1f2op73x said:
peachesenregalia":1f2op73x said:
HalG6":1f2op73x said:

Everyone wasn't set though. It's really not worth arguing about, dude. Game's over and we lost fair and square.

No arguing here pal; just review the tape man , Do the math. Live play w/ :01 and no one wants a review. If I'm PC I would've argued that point.

Can't argue it...well you can argue, but it does nothing but waste time, because per NFL rules, the play wasn't reviewable.

OP
OP
H

HalG6

Reaction score
I disagree. Time is often a critical component and often adjusted by the booth after an officiating error.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HalG6":2dnezags said:
I disagree. Time is often a critical component and often adjusted by the booth after an officiating error.

Game clock can't be adjusted after a play has gone. The clock was ticking down and the refs called it at zero before the snap. The ref call isn't reviewable and there was no clock change to be made.

OP
OP
H

HalG6

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":dk30sanq said:

Got ya...I never knew there was a discrepancy in field/TV clock. Ah well. GoHawks.

kidhawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":qgiy5kae said:

Scream all you want (I thought surely that was against the guidelines but whatever), the fact that it's not the official clock doesn't mean it was off, and doesn't mean there wasn't more time on the clock. Who is to say that the engineer who superimposed the clock after halftime didn't make a mistake at the timing of where he chose to superimpose it?

Again, none of that matters because the official made the call he made and even if we did get the play off, the official called it otherwise and the play was unreviewable. The play is done and over, and everything (including the validity of the clocks) are just more what if scenarios and ANYONE who claims to know otherwise is full of it.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
After the game it was explained that the official clock was at zero well before the snap, which is why everyone stopped. As I said in my first post. They half was over before the snap.

OP
OP
H

HalG6

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":wh1m2bh1 said:
After the game it was explained that the official clock was at zero well before the snap, which is why everyone stopped. As I said in my first post. They half was over before the snap.

Thanks Absolute; that makes sense now. Sure made me furious PC did not have another look at it and it seemed like the Hawks media was asking questions as well.