Wilson's Contract

hawker84

Reaction score
screw greg jennings, too injury prone, give me brandon Marshall or Victor Cruz, somebody like that.. Jennings is good though.

and i do know RW and he told me he wants to get paid, and also he wants his hedge trimmer back...

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
JesterHawk":kw8ok9mo said:
therealjohncarlson":kw8ok9mo said:
Seahawk Sailor":kw8ok9mo said:
You guys don't know Wilson that well, evidently. Yes, he's going to want to get pay commensurate with his performance in a few years. But yes, he knows he's a rookie in this league getting paid what rookies make, and he isn't greedy. It's never going to be about the money for him.

And we can all thank our luck stars he is who he is.

Well none of us know Wilson very well actually... Actually no one here knows him at all, most likely. So its a little silly to speculate on whether Wilson wants nice things in his life (most of which cost money) Yes he most likely will get that big paycheck, but nothing in the NFL is guaranteed and players get hurt all the time and never get that paycheck (knock on wood)

So you think the good guy routine is an act? Do you just think humanity is screwed and everyone is a pile of shit? Russell seems like a genuine good guy and he's still making a shitload more money than most of us will ever see on an annual basis. He didn't come from a bad neighborhood, and I honestly believe he isn't motivated by the money to the degree you're touting.

ummm huh? Think you're grasping at straws a little bit there. So Im getting from what you're saying is that to be a good guy you have to donate all your money to charity and not spend any on nice things yourself. So by that logic if you have a big house with a pool and good furniture, plasma screeen tv, etc.. you are a bad guy? Cause thats all I was saying. No one knows Wilsons personal life too well and what he would do once he finally gets a big paycheck. Money might not be Russell's main motivator (probably not based on what we know of him) but once again, most people like owning nice things, and nice things cost money.

So imo it is presumptive to speculate on what Wilson would do with his paycheck and unfair to draw a parallel between being a good person and not spending money.

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
I seem to recall on a "Real Rob Report" someone giving him a hard time about his discount suits and his reply was he's saving his money.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The Radish":1m4qj17f said:
ProckHawks":1m4qj17f said:
what is he making per year?

Around 650,000 a year plus his signing bonus which put him over a million for this season.

:les:
Les, according to rotoworld.com, his salary for 2012 was only $390,000, not $650,000.

However, his signing bonus was $619,472... close to what you said his salary was.

In total, the team paid him $1,009,472 this year, which is exactly what you stated ("over a million").

And add to that he made $20,000 for the wild card game and $22,000 from yesterday's game... those are both paid by the League (not the club)... so altogether, he was paid $1,051,472 for the year.

Next year his salary is $526,217. In 2014, he'll be paid $662,434.

Following the 2014 season, he's eligible for a contract extension/re-negotiation.

Source for the numbers that I provided above

v1rotv2

Reaction score
He already has Levi and ESPN deals. And he had signed with a promotions and marketing firm out of North Carolina before the season. He is a wealthy man already.

The Radish

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1zw6rk1t said:
The Radish":1zw6rk1t said:
ProckHawks":1zw6rk1t said:
what is he making per year?

Around 650,000 a year plus his signing bonus which put him over a million for this season.

Les, according to rotoworld.com, his salary for 2012 was only $390,000, not $650,000.

However, his signing bonus was $619,472... close to what you said his salary was.

In total, the team paid him $1,009,472 this year, which is exactly what you stated ("over a million").

And add to that he made $20,000 for the wild card game and $22,000 from yesterday's game... those are both paid by the League (not the club)... so altogether, he was paid $1,051,472 for the year.

Next year his salary is $526,217. In 2014, he'll be paid $662,434.

Following the 2014 season, he's eligible for a contract extension/re-negotiation.

Source for the numbers that I provided above

Hey thanks, I didn't remember exactly what I had seen somewhere. Glad you had the exact figures. At coffee this morning my car guy group finally got to see the Levi add and thought I was kidding when I told them it had been made prior to the start of the season.

Wanted to know why that good an ad hadn't been prominent. I told them after the last 3 weeks of Wilson's life that commercial ought to pay him residuals for years. lol

And someone mentioned his wife looked good in Levis and I had to agree. :D

Latest posts