How excited are you for the draft?

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":24p8qa90 said:
Sutton screwed us by going back to ASU! He was going to be a perfect addition.

Yeah, that stung. Always next year.

kearly

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3t3y3lmg said:
Hopefully our run D problems are because of Red's plantar fasciatis.

It's a growing list of worries for me:

-The Red Bryant role has yet to be fully acquitted in 3 seasons, and it was a massive failure down the stretch in 2012.

-Plantar Fasciatis tends to be persistent. I know, I've had to deal with it myself.

-Clemons ACL and age (32 next season)

-Irvin is not the answer at LEO

Basically, for Seattle's D-line to rebound next year, you'd need Bryant to heal his foot, play at a higher level than we've yet to see, Clemons would need to pull an AP type ACL recovery, and/or Irvin would have to turn a multi-dimensional player (which is I think the least likely of all these scenarios). That's incredibly unrealistic.

IMO, 3/4 of our line needs to be upgraded (Irvin is just fine as a situational player). Otherwise, things could actually get worse. And considering how atrocious our D-line was over the last 10 games (near dead last in run defense and pass rush), that's saying something. I am hoping for a real sense of urgency from our FO regarding the D-line this offseason.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
kearly":24rvl4ld said:
hawksfan515":24rvl4ld said:
Hopefully our run D problems are because of Red's plantar fasciatis.

It's a growing list of worries for me:

-The Red Bryant role has yet to be fully acquitted in 3 seasons, and it was a massive failure down the stretch in 2012.

-Plantar Fasciatis tends to be persistent. I know, I've had to deal with it myself.

-Clemons ACL and age (32 next season)

-Irvin is not the answer at LEO

Basically, for Seattle's D-line to rebound next year, you'd need Bryant to heal his foot, play at a higher level than we've yet to see, Clemons would need to pull an AP type ACL recovery, and/or Irvin would have to turn a multi-dimensional player (which is I think the least likely of all these scenarios). That's incredibly unrealistic.

IMO, 3/4 of our line needs to be upgraded (Irvin is just fine as a situational player). Otherwise, things could actually get worse. And considering how atrocious our D-line was over the last 10 games (near dead last in run defense and pass rush), that's saying something. I am hoping for a real sense of urgency from our FO regarding the D-line this offseason.

Spot on and I truly think after yesterday PC& JS will be on the same page.

AlexHawk

Reaction score
Yeah we definitely need some improvement on our defensive line, I think the Red Bryant experiment needs to end I would understand playing big Red there if we got a true stonewall defender and were first in run d but we are not. We made Turner look good and I watched him play the Saints twice this year (brothers a Saints fan there D is awful) and he didn't look anywhere near that good against them. The trade off in pass rush for run defense simply isn't worth it. I for one hope we pick up a conventional DE to play opposite Clem.

On another note was sad to hear Jared Abbrederis is staying for his senior year, we need to put a few more weapons around RW to help him develop further and transform this into a truly potent offense.

madbohem

Reaction score
I would make an argument about Irvin. I am not sure what that argument should be other then I am sure Pete knew in many ways, Irvin is a project. Pete and Irvin have more history between them then just this year and I suspect there is ability in him that Pete knows how to get out of him.

Red Bryant, super special teams guy... and maybe there is more to the line then just that he hasn't been the same, but hasn't been and I think the unconventional nature of him out there has been exposed. Yet one nasty addition to the line, that special 3 tech guy, and who knows at this point.

I am excited about the draft though because I can't imagine guessing who these guys (John and Pete) will have on the big board.

BamKam

Reaction score
Honestly not as excited in the past because I dont really know what we need to address. Pass Rush, another reciever, maybe some depth at O-Line.

For whatever reason to is there aren't many players that really WOW me in this draft.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Pretty excited, I'm sure we'll be drafting someone that plays at East Coast Butt-Crack U who tears the league up his rookie season and Kiper/McShay poopoo all over us.

Game changing defensive player is needed at the 1st or 2nd level of the defense (either a LB with speed and size to blitz and cover in addition to DE or speedy interior DT rusher). Perhaps a big play WR or TE and another offensive guard that could play tackle if needed as well(sometimes, you just outscore them to win).

BamKam

Reaction score
I just hope whoever we draft we get an F for a grade from Mel Kiper.

Typically if Kiper gives you a D-F grade it means you did pretty well.