How excited are you for the draft?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
How excited are you for the draft?
Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:36 pm
  • As disappointing as this loss was, I can't help but be excited for the future. I've never been a big draft guy until these last 2 seasons. Seeing what this FO can do with unheralded players is ridiculous. Plus an entire offseason for Wagner, Wilson, Irvin, Sweezy, Smith, Scruggs and Guy? That's just crazy...I for one am very excited for this offseason.
    Last edited by -The Glove- on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Re: How excited are you for the draft?
Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:37 pm
  • I can safely say that I'm super duper excited.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:38 pm
  • I Love our drafts...tho I gotta say, I need to learn to trust them on the day of the draft.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:39 pm
  • Leading up to the draft may be my favorite football time of the year. There's just something about the scouting, etc. The draft is an absolutely magical day for me, probably my favorite day of the year.

Here's to hoping we get Ansah or Hopkins!
    Last edited by Maelstrom787 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:40 pm
  • I have zero excitement for the draft at this time
    Russellmania3
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:41 pm
  • Russellmania3 wrote:I have zero excitement for the draft at this time

Keep your chin up, grasshopper.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:45 pm
  • I guess, can't say Irvin or crapenter are anything to slobber over
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:48 pm
  • Always excited for a draft, and if I may recommend www.seahawksdraftblog.com should you want to watch some tape, talk some draft or read some articles on players/needs.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:59 pm
  • Seaswab wrote:I guess, can't say Irvin or crapenter are anything to slobber over

Carpenter has had the injury bug...Irvin was a raw insane athlete that still led all rookies with sacks. I'm more excited about the later rounds anyways.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:45 pm
  • Seaswab wrote:I guess, can't say Irvin or crapenter are anything to slobber over

They drafted Russell Wilson, in the middle of the third round.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:47 pm
  • Always love talking draft with you folk. This class is gonna put us over the top...Let's heat this place up!
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:58 pm
  • Looking forward to seeing what kind of playmakers they target. Hoping they identify good DL depth and a starter, too.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm
  • I was really excited, but the recent emerging issues on the D-line the last two weeks worry me a lot, and kind of ruin the fun. This is a great draft to grab a TE/WR in the late 1st. It's not a great draft to grab DL without a massive trade up. And I think we can safely say that isn't happening.

I pray we get Melton/Starks and that Osi/Clemons have at least one more year in the tank. I don't see a quick fix for what ails us in this draft.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:22 pm
  • kearly wrote:I was really excited, but the recent emerging issues on the D-line the last two weeks worry me a lot, and kind of ruin the fun. This is a great draft to grab a TE/WR in the late 1st. It's not a great draft to grab DL without a massive trade up. And I think we can safely say that isn't happening.

I pray we get Melton/Starks and that Osi/Clemons have at least one more year in the tank. I don't see a quick fix for what ails us in this draft.

Sutton screwed us by going back to ASU! He was going to be a perfect addition.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:02 pm
  • Earl Thomas, Walter Thurmond, Kam Chancellor, K.J. Wright, Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell, Malcolm Smith, Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, Jeremy Lane, Winston Guy, Greg Scruggs.

Russell Okung, Golden Tate, Anthony McCoy, James Carpenter, John Moffitt, Russell Wilson, Robert Turbin, J.R. Sweezy.

All starters or significant contributors. All drafted by Carroll & Schneider in the last three years.

I can't wait to see what they do in the 2013 draft.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:59 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Always excited for a draft, and if I may recommend http://www.seahawksdraftblog.com should you want to watch some tape, talk some draft or read some articles on players/needs.

ehhh its ok, but I heard the guy who runs that site is a hack
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:13 pm
  • Can't wait to watch a draft where I'm not stressing about quarterbacks.

I also am curious to see how the media handles Seattle's draft this year. Say Seattle makes a bunch of unconventional picks that don't line up with consensus draft boards.....do these guys have the balls to lambaste our draft again if it goes against their groupthink knowing how unbelievably wrong they turned out to be the last time? My guess is they don't have any balls but'll do it anyways.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:18 pm
  • Man... Its gonna be fun, but right now I'm not in the mood.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:56 am
  • kearly wrote:I was really excited, but the recent emerging issues on the D-line the last two weeks worry me a lot, and kind of ruin the fun. This is a great draft to grab a TE/WR in the late 1st. It's not a great draft to grab DL without a massive trade up. And I think we can safely say that isn't happening.

Well that isn't encouraging.............. :( Crap.

Hopefully our run D problems are because of Red's plantar fasciatis.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:31 am
  • All I know is, I became a believer in .Net the last draft. I remember around this time last year, someone posted up highlights of RW. Never following college ball, I had no idea how good he was. After watching the clips, I was sold.

Another poster (actually several posters) talked up and posted clips of Turbin and I was sold (sounds like I'm an easy sell).

Anyways before the draft, I posted on FB, "two players I really hope we draft are Russell Wilson and Robert Turbin". I looked like a damn genius to everyone.lol.

You guys definitely know your stuff though, and I've learned a lot more on here the past year about football, then my previous 15 years combined.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:32 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Sutton screwed us by going back to ASU! He was going to be a perfect addition.

Yeah, that stung. Always next year.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 am
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Hopefully our run D problems are because of Red's plantar fasciatis.

It's a growing list of worries for me:

-The Red Bryant role has yet to be fully acquitted in 3 seasons, and it was a massive failure down the stretch in 2012.

-Plantar Fasciatis tends to be persistent. I know, I've had to deal with it myself.

-Clemons ACL and age (32 next season)

-Irvin is not the answer at LEO

Basically, for Seattle's D-line to rebound next year, you'd need Bryant to heal his foot, play at a higher level than we've yet to see, Clemons would need to pull an AP type ACL recovery, and/or Irvin would have to turn a multi-dimensional player (which is I think the least likely of all these scenarios). That's incredibly unrealistic.

IMO, 3/4 of our line needs to be upgraded (Irvin is just fine as a situational player). Otherwise, things could actually get worse. And considering how atrocious our D-line was over the last 10 games (near dead last in run defense and pass rush), that's saying something. I am hoping for a real sense of urgency from our FO regarding the D-line this offseason.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:47 am
  • kearly wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Hopefully our run D problems are because of Red's plantar fasciatis.

It's a growing list of worries for me:

-The Red Bryant role has yet to be fully acquitted in 3 seasons, and it was a massive failure down the stretch in 2012.

-Plantar Fasciatis tends to be persistent. I know, I've had to deal with it myself.

-Clemons ACL and age (32 next season)

-Irvin is not the answer at LEO

Basically, for Seattle's D-line to rebound next year, you'd need Bryant to heal his foot, play at a higher level than we've yet to see, Clemons would need to pull an AP type ACL recovery, and/or Irvin would have to turn a multi-dimensional player (which is I think the least likely of all these scenarios). That's incredibly unrealistic.

IMO, 3/4 of our line needs to be upgraded (Irvin is just fine as a situational player). Otherwise, things could actually get worse. And considering how atrocious our D-line was over the last 10 games (near dead last in run defense and pass rush), that's saying something. I am hoping for a real sense of urgency from our FO regarding the D-line this offseason.

Spot on and I truly think after yesterday PC& JS will be on the same page.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:57 am
  • Yeah we definitely need some improvement on our defensive line, I think the Red Bryant experiment needs to end I would understand playing big Red there if we got a true stonewall defender and were first in run d but we are not. We made Turner look good and I watched him play the Saints twice this year (brothers a Saints fan there D is awful) and he didn't look anywhere near that good against them. The trade off in pass rush for run defense simply isn't worth it. I for one hope we pick up a conventional DE to play opposite Clem.

On another note was sad to hear Jared Abbrederis is staying for his senior year, we need to put a few more weapons around RW to help him develop further and transform this into a truly potent offense.
    AlexHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:28 pm
  • I would make an argument about Irvin. I am not sure what that argument should be other then I am sure Pete knew in many ways, Irvin is a project. Pete and Irvin have more history between them then just this year and I suspect there is ability in him that Pete knows how to get out of him.

Red Bryant, super special teams guy... and maybe there is more to the line then just that he hasn't been the same, but hasn't been and I think the unconventional nature of him out there has been exposed. Yet one nasty addition to the line, that special 3 tech guy, and who knows at this point.

I am excited about the draft though because I can't imagine guessing who these guys (John and Pete) will have on the big board.
    madbohem
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:34 pm
  • Honestly not as excited in the past because I dont really know what we need to address. Pass Rush, another reciever, maybe some depth at O-Line.

For whatever reason to is there aren't many players that really WOW me in this draft.
    BamKam
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:36 pm
  • Pretty excited, I'm sure we'll be drafting someone that plays at East Coast Butt-Crack U who tears the league up his rookie season and Kiper/McShay poopoo all over us.

Game changing defensive player is needed at the 1st or 2nd level of the defense (either a LB with speed and size to blitz and cover in addition to DE or speedy interior DT rusher). Perhaps a big play WR or TE and another offensive guard that could play tackle if needed as well(sometimes, you just outscore them to win).
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:59 pm
  • I just hope whoever we draft we get an F for a grade from Mel Kiper.

Typically if Kiper gives you a D-F grade it means you did pretty well.
    BamKam
    NET Starter

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:28 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information