Colin Kapernick

Status
Not open for further replies.

themunn

Reaction score
Kaepernick is more like a poor mans RGIII than Wilson, and I don't think he wanted him based on the success others are having. He was too raw to start last year and it's impossible to drop a player with a 100+ QB rating for an unproven starter. As soon as Smith was out long enough for Kaepernick to prove he was good enough to start then there was no reason to go back to Smith.

I'm sure he'll catch on somewhere, Andy Reid in KC? He could probably get more out of him than Harbaugh, which is saying something. Then the Chiefs can go with Lotulei since it's really just a QB that's holding them back.

Mr9erComeNPeace

Reaction score
Lulz @ being a poor's man's RG3 or Wislon.. when Kaep was Drafted before them and had a much better college career than either of them... Remember Kaep played for the Coach who created the Pistol... if anything these other QB's are jocking him

GoHawks

Reaction score
Captain Panic, not a poster child for poise under pressure, he's gonna break like a twig on one of his runs that doesn't get him to the SL's

Seahawks99

Reaction score
GoHawks":1hpvpusc said:
Captain Panic, not a poster child for poise under pressure, he's gonna break like a twig on one of his runs that doesn't get him to the SL's

Come on, give credit where its due. This kid just trounced the Packers and outplayed Aaron Rodgers in a playoff game, and hes started all of 8 NFL games?

He didnt play that well up in SEA, but our crowd is on another level. Every other big pressure situation hes been in so far has been a success. He killed it against the Bears on MNF in his first ever start, he went on the road to NO the next week and killed them, he beat Tom Brady in the elements of Foxborough, and now his first ever playoff start began with a pick 6, and he rallied back to have an all-time great game. How can you call him Captain Panic...

And nobody with his size is ever in danger of breaking like a twig..

He looks every bit as promising as Russell. I dont get why so many hawks fans wont admit it.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Seahawks99":242tciz1 said:
GoHawks":242tciz1 said:

Come on, give credit where its due. This kid just trounced the Packers and outplayed Aaron Rodgers in a playoff game, and hes started all of 8 NFL games?

He didnt play that well up in SEA, but our crowd is on another level. Every other big pressure situation hes been in so far has been a success. He killed it against the Bears on MNF in his first ever start, he went on the road to NO the next week and killed them, he beat Tom Brady in the elements of Foxborough, and now his first ever playoff start began with a pick 6, and he rallied back to have an all-time great game. How can you call him Captain Panic...

He looks every bit as promising as Russell. I dont get why so many hawks fans wont admit it.

Hey niner troll. You should really work on not being such a big bay area and sacremento homer if you are going to try and fool Seahawks fans with a bs message board handle.

Mr9erComeNPeace

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1g4zayk5 said:
Seahawks99":1g4zayk5 said:
GoHawks":1g4zayk5 said:

Hey niner troll. You should really work on not being such a big bay area and sacremento homer if you are going to try and fool Seahawks fans with a bs message board handle.

so now Rivals cant give credit where it is due... i do it all the time with Wilson lol... i guess since he playing good u guys hate and when he plays bad there are 5 or 6 threads about it lol

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Kaepernick has done really well with a limited game plan and a lot of room to run. I don't expect him to have as sensational a year next season, though, if he doesn't develop his quarterbacking skills more. Teams will figure out how to stop him (mostly based on the Seattle tape.)

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Mr9erComeNPeace":3sdih0l6 said:
so now Rivals cant give credit where it is due... i do it all the time with Wilson lol... i guess since he playing good u guys hate and when he plays bad there are 5 or 6 threads about it lol

No, what we have here is yet ANOTHER 49er fan pretending to be a Hawks fan and trolling our board. These guys don't realize we know where the post originates from. and now I am going to ban yet another 49er troll.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Who gives a shit? He's a niner, and Seattle laid it on him. Sweet, he beat a GB team with a horrible D. Go preach about that turd elsewhere.

NO CARE EVER.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
42-13

Kaepernick has done decently so far. I like the poor man's Cam Newton comparison. Big, strong, fast, and dangerous. Primarily a one read QB right now, his athleticism will expose a defenses lack of it.

Beating Kaep starts with stopping the interior run. If you don't, it's around the corner for big gains when your D tries to crash the middle. He is primarily a half the field guy, he will try to look off a safety even when there is no deep route to the look off side. Like any QB, he hates middle pressure. He can make the deep-middle-short read to the one side.

Niner fans like to tout his supposed 37 wonderlic, but he doesn't come across as all that sharp. He is a petulant loser, much like his coach, and hopefully as he matures stops acting like every trip to the end zone is his first. I personally think his development will plateau and I don't think he is the kind of QB who elevates his receivers.

If you want a more clear view of his limitations, watch our game, or both Rams games.

mretrade

Reaction score
Wanting to kick someones ass over religious views and appearance? Really?

7Squared

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":d5dq1ub6 said:
Who gives a shit? He's a niner, and Seattle laid it on him. Sweet, he beat a GB team with a horrible D. Go preach about that turd elsewhere.

NO CARE EVER.

Your team needed a play that we will problably never see in 100 years to beat this same GB team, with the horrible defense. LOL

The Battle #83

Reaction score
I thought he would be awful because his release was slow as molasses in the preseason game i saw last year (i get 49ers game where i used to live)

Will beat him down again next year nevertheless

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Mr9erComeNPeace":2x0l51le said:
Lulz @ being a poor's man's RG3 or Wislon.. when Kaep was Drafted before them and had a much better college career than either of them... Remember Kaep played for the Coach who created the Pistol... if anything these other QB's are jocking him

Troll. First of all, RG3 was drafted before Kaepernick. Second of all, Wilson and RG3 had a better college career than Kaep... especially because they actually played D-2.

BoX916":2x0l51le said:
Last year I was calling him poor man Cam Newton

I actually would agree he is pretty much Cam Newton. Maybe Cam Newton's a little better of a passer.... But I like Kaepernick better as a runner (even though he'll get injured more than Cam ever will).

mretrade":2x0l51le said:
Wanting to kick someones ass over religious views and appearance? Really?

No one said that......

EDIT: OK, Largent80 said that, and I didn't like it, but I'm sure he was kidding. Don't use one post to taint the whole board dude.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
hawksfan515":30dbch98 said:
I actually would agree he is pretty much Cam Newton. Maybe Cam Newton's a little better of a passer.... But I like Kaepernick better as a runner (even though he'll get injured more than Cam ever will).

This. Kaep won last long, he's to "lanky". He better hope he wins the superbowl this year because he might not get another shot. His career wont last long if he doesn't stop running so much.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Kaepernick kissed his own bicep to celebrate a touchdown. prolly has fuzzy dice in his Camaro too. It just doesn't get douchier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts