Why I think we will lose this game

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Why I think we will lose this game
Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:05 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:Cool story bro.

Seriously. Nobody cares why you think the seahawks will lose

Don't read the thread then.

Eight pages of discussion suggests people did want to talk about this.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:35 pm
  • Paranoid thread makes me paranoid
    RussWils3
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:40 pm
  • I worry about what this game will do to our draft position
    Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
    VaporHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:46 pm
  • VaporHawk wrote:I worry about what this game will do to our draft position

GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:55 pm
  • A couple of points that I'd like to make in regards to several posts in this thread.

The first is about Bruce Irvin and some peoples worries about him and run defense. He was actually a 3-4 end in college. He has a lot more experience holding the line of scrimmage and allowing the linebackers to make the play on the running back then he had rushing the passer in college. He straight up said that he wasn't coached how to rush the passer when he was in college. The reason is he was taught to maintain his gap.

The second is about film. A lot of what makes teams successful is studying their opponents, but with our primary pass rusher going down, there is going to be very little film of how we attack an offense with Irvin playing Leo and Scruggs playing DE (remember he has been playing 3-tech with McDonald at the 1-tech throughout the season). The Falcons have no way to prepare for the pressure packages that we will bring. One of the things we don't do much of is twists and stunts, and I can see us bringing those to bear this game.

The third is regarding the Falcons fan that popped in about how all we did was beat a one legged QB, yadda yadda. The way we actually turned their offensive success around was exactly what I said before the game. The way to slow down or stop that running game is all on your defensive tackles. After the second drive the coaching staff switched responsibilities, Mebane was charged with attacking the guard and center (he had been getting to the MLB and taking him out of the plays). Branch was charged with taking on the tackle and pushing him into the backfield (he had been turning Bryant away from the play). Bryant was charged with taking on the TE) he had been taking out our SAM and thus creating the gap for Morris to get the 7 and 8 yard gains. This strategy worked perfectly. We were able to string the runs out wide and minimize the damage on their runs. That put Griffin in the pocket and their receivers could not get open.

English, the OP was very well thought out and presented, however I can't agree with your conclusion.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information