Anyone else wish Lofa made the Falcons team?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I would have loved it. Unger would get to the second level, destroy Lofa, and then Lynch would be off to the races.

kidhawk

Reaction score
OneLofaTatupu":5gv31aht said:
I thought he made the team but then went on IR?

I think he got hurt in preseason or training camp or something like that. Never made it to the regular season.

I wish he'd made the team, but not so much because we are playing them, just because I wish he'd been able to get healthy enough to lengthen his career. He was so good early in his career, but that beating that the MLB takes was just too much for his smaller frame.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Do you think he may make another teams roster in 2013? We are going to need a replacement for Fletcher sooner rather than later. I know he's a 4-3 linebacker but he seems like he has the instincts to play any system.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":ojfwpzdl said:
Do you think he may make another teams roster in 2013? We are going to need a replacement for Fletcher sooner rather than later. I know he's a 4-3 linebacker but he seems like he has the instincts to play any system.

Lofa was great in his day, but he was undersized for the position. He never played like it though, and his body paid the price. His time in the NFL really should be up. I wish him the best. I really liked him when he played here, but his career as a player should be over.

NinjaKixx

Reaction score
Yea, he was placed on IR so we had to cut him loose.

I wish we could have seen what he could do for us.

PascoHawk

Reaction score
Still have a lot of love for Lofa. Wish him luck wherever he goes.

ensett

Reaction score
NinjaKixx":10thi2kb said:
Yea, he was placed on IR so we had to cut him loose.

I wish we could have seen what he could do for us.

the pic I saw of him from falcons camp, he seriously looked FAT. I dont think he physically has football in him anymore. I think people forgot how good he was though, he was amazing. His football IQ was sky high. If he had the body of, say, aaron curry, I really believe he would be one of the all time greats

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I've mentioned this lately. Lofa had to make a tough decision... either bulk up to be strong enough to make it through a longer career and lose his speed, or stay small and maintain his speed and motor and continually get hurt.

He couldn't play at his rookie size for more than a couple of years. He wasn't fast and strong enough at his bigger size to get it done.

To me, after his drunk driving arrest, he was never the same. Injuries? Enjoying going through the McDonald's drive-thru and drinking a lot? Poor luck? Who knows. It just wasn't going to work.

I would have loved to see him play against us, because I think he'd be a liability at this point, but I respect the heck out of the man and will always love him for what he did for the Hawks.

Latest posts