Both coordinators interviewing today...?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Both coordinators interviewing today...?
Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:46 am
  • Do you agree with Rich Gannon that this is a distraction?

    Rich Gannon ‏@RichGannon12
    Really don't like SEA coordinators interviewing for HC jobs the day before playoff game. Total distraction & bad idea.Players can't be happy

    The game plan is built. I'm not sure what the "distraction" is, although I concede it's not ideal.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • There meeting them in ATL plus ATL guys had interviews earlier this week as well
    joe in Sea
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:36 pm


  • I think it's bs
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 892
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


  • Players have to suck it up. How can they begrudge these two their chances? As a former player, Gannon knows how things are expected to be but I disagree looking from the outside.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9340
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • i dont think it will affect anything. Unless the players who have strong connection with certain coaches get worried about losing them and it lingers on their mind becoming a distraction, which i seriously doubt would happen. But thats the most i can think of for it. But i do think teams shouldnt be allowed to interview other teams staff until their season is over.
    Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 350
    Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 am


  • Maybe that's what happened the day before the Raiders got steamrolled in the Super Bowl vs Tampa Bay, and Gannon is sensitive about it?

    Seems much ado about nothing.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • I Still don't like it, but that's how pete gets his guys. He tells them they will always get a shot to head coach under him and he wants to present them with the best opportunities.
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1463
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


  • I believe I read somewhere that they need to interview now before the game because if we win we cannot be interviewed again until quite some time later.... also it was reported today that Russell likes Bevell and credits him for some of his development.. etc
    ______________________________

    Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

    Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    User avatar
    nwgamer
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 356
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:26 am
    Location: Cashmere, WA


  • I personally think it's ridiculous that the NFL allows this. Why on earth can't these teams wait until we are done with the playoffs? I always thought that was the rule any ways?

    I just don't see the logic in it at all.
    Image

    Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 8193
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • its just bad tact.....its ok for NON head coaches to interview during the post season.. My gut tells me they are just padding their financial payouts for next year from Mr. Allen.
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    User avatar
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 707
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm


  • Aros wrote:I personally think it's ridiculous that the NFL allows this. Why on earth can't these teams wait until we are done with the playoffs? I always thought that was the rule any ways?

    I just don't see the logic in it at all.

    Aros - The logic is... the regional combines and THE combine are just a few short weeks after the Superbowl.

    If all of the available coaching jobs could not be filled until after the playoffs are complete, there would be absolutely no time for teams to prepare for the Combine. All teams affected by HC, DC and OC changes would be at a HUGE disadvantage.

    That's the logic.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3106
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


  • Gotta say, that I am not a fan of this either. Yes they may have the gameplan and other pieces of the plan in place, but there is always something than players and coaches can be going over and studying.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11193
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


  • i agree with Aros.... this is our season on the line, and a legit chance at a run at a championship... there should be zero distractions leading up to the game... i don't care if the game plan is set or not... these coaches should be eating/sleeping game plan at this point... ultimately it's the players that have to execute out on the field, but the coaches have got to have the head 100% in the game plan...... i don't like it, and i think it should not be allowed..... summer camp is months away, they can't wait a few more weeks, or at however long they're still playing... BS
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4053
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • And if the Falcons win tomorrow, this will be blamed.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11327
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • I don't like it at all. They can push the combines back.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9294
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    Aros wrote:I personally think it's ridiculous that the NFL allows this. Why on earth can't these teams wait until we are done with the playoffs? I always thought that was the rule any ways?

    I just don't see the logic in it at all.

    Aros - The logic is... the regional combines and THE combine are just a few short weeks after the Superbowl.

    If all of the available coaching jobs could not be filled until after the playoffs are complete, there would be absolutely no time for teams to prepare for the Combine. All teams affected by HC, DC and OC changes would be at a HUGE disadvantage.

    That's the logic.


    Very simple answer to this, don't screw up when you hire guys in the first place or if your unhappy fire them before the play offs. Teams will adjust I am sure.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11254
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Total bullsh*t. Goodell is always looking to change something about the game, and yet he hasn't fixed this problem. How can this not be a distraction before a game?
    Image
    Sturm
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2345
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:11 pm


  • I think both coordinators are the weak link on this team, this is much ado about nothing IMO and if they leave next year its addition by subtraction.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11942
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • 10 am game, 2 trips to the East, head coaches being interviewed. Just win so we don't have to hear about this stuff. If we lose, this will be brought up as factors that took edges off our team and make them duller and less concentrated.
    User avatar
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3309
    Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 pm
    Location: Florence, Italy


  • Total garbage. The last thing a playoff needs is both oc's interviewing. Problem is an oc can be fired during the season so why can't theyinterview.
    User avatar
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1165
    Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm
    Location: Superbowl Glory


  • Its a business, if you wait until the playoffs are over, opportunities might be gone or a team is not willing to wait with an open position and run out of options. Thats why it is done this way. The team is not defined by a single coordinators, and by this time all of the plays have already been played or been part of the team with little wrinkles. They don't change things drastically where the team is going to be confused, they will game plan with the opposing team in mind, but the plays will all be practiced and the game plan in place for what the players are comfortable with.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 638
    Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:15 pm


  • Aros wrote:I personally think it's ridiculous that the NFL allows this. Why on earth can't these teams wait until we are done with the playoffs? I always thought that was the rule any ways?

    I just don't see the logic in it at all.



    Agree. Agree........AGREE!
    AirForceSeahawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 42
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:08 pm


  • Well it's not like the coordinators are going to work 24/7. I'm sure spending an hour or two to do an interview in Atlanta won't hurt. *Pulls out flame shield*
    User avatar
    rsm650
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 383
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 pm
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA


  • Bad form . I mean com on man!! Really?!?
    Image
    User avatar
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1918
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:51 pm


  • Brian Kelly just announced he's returning to Notre Dame. Sounds like the Eagles might be zeroing in on Bradley now.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 3560
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: St. Louis, MO


  • i think there should be a rule that coaches cannot be signed or interviewed by any team until the superbowl is over and the offseason has begun. Hell there is a start to free agency. There should be a start for free agency with the coaches as well. All this coaching dramma takes the spotlight away from where it should be.. the playoff games.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9712
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


  • I agree that its a distraction. I think it would be easy enough to push the combines back and the fact that both OC's are considered weak links is irrelevant IMO, because what if they weren't? I have had many interviews in my career and have interviewed many people. To be prepared for an interview, esp for HC positions where they spend hours sometimes during the interview, it takes a lot of time to prepare. Also, it is something that you are constantly thinking about no matter what your are doing. By allowing these at this time of the year you are creating a distraction unquestionably and setting people up for unequal treatment because the HC candidate has two options.

    A. Don't prepare for the interview and focus on the game so it's not a distraction, or is a smaller one. If you do this you won't be as prepared as other applicants which created inequality.

    B. Prepare for the interview and take it seriously which requires work, time and focus. If you do this it will affect you and your teams preparation.

    Either way you or your team lose. This has to be something that is fixed and never should have been allowed in the first place.
    User avatar
    Timberhawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 241
    Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm


  • Much ado about nothing IMO. This will have nothing to do with the result of tomorrow's game and I hope nobody here uses it as an excuse.
    brettb3
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 179
    Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:31 pm


  • I'm guessing they don't spend every hour of every living day working.

    So if they had a two hour interview during down time rather than watching TV or listening to some music... who cares?
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8067
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I'm guessing they don't spend every hour of every living day working.

    So if they had a two hour interview during down time rather than watching TV or listening to some music... who cares?

    I don't disagree with them bring interviewed, but I can see it being distracting. If your buying a house or getting a new job you think of the things your going to do with it. If I learned I was going to be a head coach regardless of the outcome if this year I may have some thoughts regarding team philosophies and such the next year.
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1183
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


  • They can't offer jobs until the team is eliminated. If either of these guys want the jobs they're interviewing for, then they need a big performance tomorrow. So if anything, I think they've probably worked even harder this week.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8067
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


  • Completely stupid for the NFL to allow this. And I don't get the whole "if they don't interview today they'll have to wait for a long time" thing either. We've already had a playoff game. We're getting ready for another. These coaches are not on their own time, they're on Seahawks time. To take the time away from the team is inexcusable.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18816
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


  • It's completely unprofessional to be interviewing during a playoff run. If the perspective team is truly interested they'd wait until their playoffs are done.
    User avatar
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 am


  • SeaWolv wrote:It's completely unprofessional to be interviewing during a playoff run. If the perspective team is truly interested they'd wait until their playoffs are done.


    And what if you knew the chance of a lifetime was right there, maybe something you've worked and dreamed for your entire life... and instead of watching TV or going to bed, you take that chance? Perhaps a chance to secure your family financially for a generation too?

    And what about the team... they need to get on with things. Competition is rife among teams interviewing the same guys. You snooze you lose.

    I can't help but think we're blowing this out of proportion. We're ready to play. If we lose it won't be because of this.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8067
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    SeaWolv wrote:It's completely unprofessional to be interviewing during a playoff run. If the perspective team is truly interested they'd wait until their playoffs are done.


    And what if you knew the chance of a lifetime was right there, maybe something you've worked and dreamed for your entire life... and instead of watching TV or going to bed, you take that chance? Perhaps a chance to secure your family financially for a generation too?

    And what about the team... they need to get on with things. Competition is rife among teams interviewing the same guys. You snooze you lose.

    I can't help but think we're blowing this out of proportion. We're ready to play. If we lose it won't be because of this.


    Secure your family financially? ? They aren't working for five bucks an hour. I don't like it.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9294
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    SeaWolv wrote:It's completely unprofessional to be interviewing during a playoff run. If the perspective team is truly interested they'd wait until their playoffs are done.


    And what if you knew the chance of a lifetime was right there, maybe something you've worked and dreamed for your entire life... and instead of watching TV or going to bed, you take that chance? Perhaps a chance to secure your family financially for a generation too?

    And what about the team... they need to get on with things. Competition is rife among teams interviewing the same guys. You snooze you lose.

    I can't help but think we're blowing this out of proportion. We're ready to play. If we lose it won't be because of this.


    if you are good, that chance will still be there when the playoffs end. The NFL could fix all of this by just mandating that these signings and interviews wait till after the superbowl for everybody.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9712
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:Secure your family financially? ? They aren't working for five bucks an hour. I don't like it.


    The money is good being a coordinator sure... but Jim Mora's great grand kids will be driving Ferrari's after his one year in Seattle.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8067
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    SeaWolv wrote:It's completely unprofessional to be interviewing during a playoff run. If the perspective team is truly interested they'd wait until their playoffs are done.


    And what if you knew the chance of a lifetime was right there, maybe something you've worked and dreamed for your entire life... and instead of watching TV or going to bed, you take that chance? Perhaps a chance to secure your family financially for a generation too?

    And what about the team... they need to get on with things. Competition is rife among teams interviewing the same guys. You snooze you lose.

    I can't help but think we're blowing this out of proportion. We're ready to play. If we lose it won't be because of this.


    Sorry not buying it. If you're good enough to have teams wanting to sit down with you now you're going to have teams wanting to sit down with after the playoffs. 4 weeks isn't going to matter when it comes to teams making sure they have the right people to help their franchise succeed. I haven't even started to talk about the professional obligation you have to the organization that is currently paying your salary or the other coaches and players depending on you to be focused on the task at hand not distracted with job opportunities. It's called integrity.
    User avatar
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 am




It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information