Total speculation: USC eyeing Ken Norton for D. Coordinator?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I've heard no rumors, seen no links or anything to this. Just something I was thinking about. They've had an opening at D. Coordinator for about a month and havnt dont anything about it. Makes me think they're probably looking for somebody in the NFL who isnt done working on their season.

Norton Jr would make sense.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Maybe he doesn't like Lane Kiffen. I know I wouldn't.

kearly

Reaction score
No. And now that this has been moved to the draft forum, it will stay front page for a week. lol. : )

I'm not worried about us losing any of our coaches. Our first assistant to get an interview didn't come until the season had been over for more than a week. Our guys are way down the list. Besides, if we did lose them I'd trust Pete to find a quality replacement. The only irreplaceable coach is Cable, but I don't see anyone handing him a HC job any time soon (even though they should).

CPHawk

Reaction score
No one else wants the gig, why would Ken?

chris98251

Reaction score
We say were not worried, but he brings the attitude to our defense, based on what players have said he keeps them on that edge. It would be a effecting loss on our aggressive mind set.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I think Kenny is a great LB coach, but I have no idea how he would fare as a D Coordinator. There is a lot more to it and a big risk for USC

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Kiffin is turning a lot of people off that job. Doubt Norton does that.