Monte Kiffin reportedly Cowboys' new DC

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Plus safety and MLB play isn't the strong coverage type of play.

pehawk

Reaction score
Its an "okay" hire. All Cowboys fans still view the NFL through a 1998 prism, so I'm sure Cowboys nnation is estatic.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Probably makes Chip Kelly want to reconsider Philly since he put up about 1,000 yards against Kiffin's defense.

Personally I think the game has past him by. Bad hire in my opinion.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Apparently Jerry woke up one morning and said: "Who was a well respected defensive coach back when I was a respected GM? Hey I wonder what Monte is doing?"

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1vnyohro said:
Jerry jones is a muppet if this is true. They'll need A LOT of new personnel on defense if Kiffin comes in, and most teams figured out how to beat the tampa-2 like 10 years ago. Dreadful hire.

That defense in the front seven has gotten old, so it's probably time to rebuild anyway. But with Jerry picking the players I've got no belief it'll work anyway.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the stay 3-4 or switch to 4-3 Tampa 2? I mean, I know that's what Monte is known for, but maybe he wants to try his hand at 3-4?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":25lvzxoe said:
I'm wondering if the stay 3-4 or switch to 4-3 Tampa 2? I mean, I know that's what Monte is known for, but maybe he wants to try his hand at 3-4?
I think Monte is true. He will run the 2-deep.

Pete is a Monte disciple, but not so much to run the 2-deep. Even Chicago had to cahnge up their devotion to that scheme and start manning up some times.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Kiffin sold out his son...abandoned him at USC rather than staying with him to win a national title.

That speaks volumes about his lack of character.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":3i8kdwuc said:
Kiffin sold out his son...abandoned him at USC rather than staying with him to win a national title.

His son lacks character, dude. Kiffen (the boy) sucks. Kiffen is never winning a title, not anywhere.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":29c1etz7 said:

Actually its the opposite. Monte knew there was tremendous pressure from the boosters to fire him, and that his son was going to have to fire him, so he quit instead. The USC fan boards were thrilled when Monte left.

Monte has been unemployed for over a month, its not like Dallas pried him away from USC.

Subzero717

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3f1jb8a1 said:
RiggoReincarnated":3f1jb8a1 said:

Actually its the opposite. Monte knew there was tremendous pressure from the boosters to fire him, and that his son was going to have to fire him, so he quit instead. The USC fan boards were thrilled when Monte left.

This. If he didnt walk Lane may have been fired.

sc85sis

Reaction score
We love Monte, but we weren't happy with the results of his coaching. It was time for him to go, and he was very graceful in his exit.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Dumb move. Jones is letting his desperation show. The Cowboys' window should only get smaller from here.

dunceface

Reaction score
Great job Jerruh! 100% behind ya on this one :lol: :lol: :lol:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":sfc88muc said:
Probably makes Chip Kelly want to reconsider Philly since he put up about 1,000 yards against Kiffin's defense.

Personally I think the game has past him by. Bad hire in my opinion.

Well damn. I thought i was just being funny.